• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Birthday Party Ideas for 5-Year-Old Girls: Tips from Jenn

In summary, Jenn recommends hosting a Kids in the Kitchen show with recipes that are healthy for the kids to make at home. She also recommends providing a $5.00 coupon for the moms to use.
jterre
Ok I need some help!!
At a show on Saturday I had a lady ask if I could do a show, but she wants it to be w/ her little girls bday party friends.
They are around 5!
My creative bones are on vac. and I'm needing some ideas!!
Thanks
Jenn

Use Google to search for threads about Kids in the Kitchen shows:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=kids+kitchen+site%3Achefsuccess.com&aq=o&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Have you thought about the logistics of how you'd like this to work overall? And you want recipe ideas? If you're at the beginning stage of contemplating this, here's what I'd be thinking...I wonder what this lady is expecting from you. Has she said what she has in mind? Will she be buying a certain amount of products for each child to have so they can each make their own little something? Or was she hoping that moms were staying and it was a "Mom and Me" type of party and she's hoping for orders? Since it's a birthday party, I'm guessing she won't be expecting parents to come and shop since the girls will be giving the bday girl presents. You'll just want to be sure that she's not having you come and be an entertainer and caterer, but that she'll be placing orders to have this count as a show for you.

pink princess party

mini cupcakes they can frost themselves with decorator
cut and seal sandwiches maybe ham salad... its pink
cran rasberry fizz in quickstir pitcher

pump up the pink help whip cancer items to the moms

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/princess.html

more princess stuff there

Also do a search on here for information. ChefBeckyD has done some kids cooking classes with wonderful results. For the life of me I can't think of what she called them though.

I agree with Amanda - don't be tricked into being the caterer for the party, unless she either buys enough to make it worthwhile on her own, or ensures the parents will be placing orders.

That said, you can offer to do cupcakes, which the kids can decorate themselves, in lieu of the usual birthday cake. Kids can also make sandwiches or individual pockets using the Cut 'N' Seal (make chicken salad with the Food Chopper). How about the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza - show how the Mandoline is so safe, even 5 year-olds can use it!!

If it will be a Mommy & Me party, you can do Trifles, and a competition to see whose comes out better - the Moms or the Kids. Or, do a flip cake, and set up a Sundae Bar.

Ok, really, I think since so many of our products are kid-friendly, the question isn't what WILL you do, but what will you decide not to do!

See how many girls are going to be there ahead of time ........ Charge $25.00 FOR EACH CHILD they can put a pizza together at the party in the small bar pan ... Have all the food toppings cut up ahead of time all they have to do is flaten the dough add toppings
you will put it in the oven

They go home with the small bar pan ( you ordered them ahead )
A $ 5.00 gift cert though you
you can buy a small canvas bag at a craft store and they can put there name on it with markers befor they start

I'd be worried about expecting to be a caterer as well, that sounds a bit "fishy" to have it during a 5 yr old's b day party.

I like Doreen's idea though, if the host will go for it. If not, I'd suggest having another show at a "better time". Or, you can give the host catalogs and have her do a book show to pass them out while the other moms are at the b day party. I've spent way too much time wasting time on frivolous party potentials which turned out to be nothing but "prepare food for my friends" and come away with ZERO orders. Beware of this one. ;)

I am acually doing a health fair ar a school Tuesday night and I have a flyer on Birthday Party with kids

They will learn how to cook I will make it Healthy
They get to take home a small Bar Pan or Colapible bowl if we make a salad
depending on the age they can chop or measure
Like any other party you have for kids you need to know how many dids are there so you can have the products for them to take home
The $ 5.00 coupon the Moms will use
IT IS ALL ABOUT THE HEALTHY and KIDS LOVE TO COOK
WELL SEE WHAT HAPPENS AT THE FAIR
I WOULD GO FOR THE PARTY YOU CAN EVEN MAKE IT A TEA PARTY

I am kinda wondering myself what her reasonings were to do so... But right now she is also talking of maybe even signing!!! So if I can get that on her to do list ... I think I will offer her the show for herself and maybe that will get her attention to sign up + go out and get orders!!!
I appreciate all the fab ideas!! Like i said my brain is on vac and I only have about a week and a half to come up w/ some stuff and wanted to be prepared
Thanks for everything
Jenn

1. What are some fun party themes for a little girl's birthday?

Some popular themes for a little girl's birthday party include princess, mermaid, unicorn, fairy, and tea party. You can also base the theme on your child's favorite book, movie, or TV show.

2. What types of activities can I plan for a little girl's birthday party?

Some fun activities for a little girl's birthday party include arts and crafts, games like pin the tail on the unicorn or musical chairs, a dress-up station, and a piñata. You can also hire entertainment such as a face painter or a princess character.

3. How can I make the party food more appealing to kids?

You can make the party food more appealing to kids by making it fun and creative. Use cookie cutters to create fun shapes, make fruit skewers, or have a make-your-own pizza station. You can also give the food cute names like "fairy wands" for pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and sprinkles.

4. How many guests should I invite to a little girl's birthday party?

The number of guests you invite will depend on your budget, the space available, and your child's preferences. A good rule of thumb is to invite the same number of guests as your child's age, so a 5-year-old can invite 5 friends. However, you can always invite more or less depending on your specific situation.

5. What are some good party favors for a little girl's birthday?

Some great party favor ideas for a little girl's birthday include small toys like stickers or bouncy balls, coloring books and crayons, hair accessories, and personalized treats like cookies or candy. You can also give out a small craft or activity kit for the kids to take home and enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies