• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fudge Recipe Request: Help Katie Create a Sampler Open House!

In summary, the recipe is one bag (12 ounces) of chocolate chips, any flavor, plus one can of sweetened condensed milk. You melt them together, then pour it into a pan and let it harden.
cookn' katie
Does anyone have the fudge recipe, I think it has chocolate chips and frosting in it. Also, please share any tips for it!!! I was thinking of doing a sampler open house and making cookies with the press, the cranberry bark and the fudge. Then everyone can take a little plate home with them. Thanks in advance for the recipe. Katie

Not sure this is the real recipe but when I made it I just melted chocolate chips (12 oz bag) in the Micro Cooker (careful not to get them too hot)and then added a can of prepared chocolate frosting. You can use any flavor of chips (milk chocolate, chocolate mint, peanut butter, etc.) and any flavor of frosting. I also added nuts. You can pour it into the square baker or one of the bar pans to cool. I did the same thing for a wedding shower with white chips and white frosting and colored small portions with the bride's colors and added flavoring, just so they wouldn't be just plain vanilla. I filled the Easy Accent Decorator and made little candies. Quite attractive! Hope that helps.

The recipe is one bag (12 ounces) of chocolate chips, any flavor, plus one can of ready-to-spread frosting. You simply melt them down, together, then add one cup chopped nuts. I use walnuts. Pour into the square baker, and refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes.

I don't do this in a micro-cooker, especially at a show. I use cookware, as it's a higher priced item. The 10-inch or 12-inch skillets work great. Cook it on a medium power, stirring occasionally until completely melted, then add the nuts. Also, you may want to spray the stone with cooking spray, if it's a new one. Not sure it's really necessary, especially if it's well seasoned.

Best wishes!
Paula

I have never heard of that recipe before. I make mine the way my daddy taught me;)

I simply love chocolate peanut butter fudge - so is the way above how I would make that (with pb chips??)?? Thanks in advance!

There is another 2 ingredient fudge recipe, that I actually like better.....(I think it's creamier, and tastes more like Mackinaw Island fudge)

It's a 12 ounce bag of Chocolate Chips, and 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk. Melt them together, and then pour it into a pan and let it harden.

I like to use chocolate chips, and stir in some Peanut Butter too - makes GREAT chocolate peanut butter fudge.

Becky that sounds delish! I can see how the cond. milk would make it creamier.

Will have to try it!

vwpamperedchef said:
Becky that sounds delish! I can see how the cond. milk would make it creamier.

Will have to try it!

I make it every year to put on cookie/candy trays for gifts.........it is soooo good! I used to pour it into the 9x9 baker lined with parchment - but for the past few years, I have been pouring it into the med. bar pan lined w/ parchment.

What ingredients do I need to make the fudge sampler?

To make the fudge sampler, you will need 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup of white chocolate chips, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and any additional mix-ins or toppings of your choice.

What tools or equipment are necessary to make the fudge sampler?

You will need a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, a rubber spatula, an 8x8 inch baking dish, and parchment paper.

Do I have to use semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, or can I use other types of chocolate?

You can certainly experiment with different types of chocolate, such as dark chocolate or milk chocolate, to create a unique fudge sampler. Just make sure to use a total of 2 cups of chocolate chips in the recipe.

Can I add nuts or other mix-ins to the fudge sampler?

Yes, you can definitely add nuts, dried fruit, or other mix-ins to the fudge sampler. Just make sure to chop the nuts or mix-ins into small pieces before adding them to the fudge mixture.

How far in advance can I make the fudge sampler for the open house?

The fudge sampler can be made up to 3 days in advance. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve. Before serving, let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes to soften slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crsnlsa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
crsnlsa
  • nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • leftymac