• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated and Frustrated: My Word Experience

In summary, Carol says that she has a lot of difficulty creating flyers in Word. She offers some advice for people who want to create flyers in Word, but recommends using a different program, such as Adobe Illustrator.
cwinter474
Gold Member
OK, I have always considered myself a fairly intelligent person. I have Word installed and am always able to open flyers and emails made in Word, I can edit flyers to fit my needs. Today... ALL day I have been trying to create my own flyer.

I GIVE UP!!! I got my picture transferred into word, but it came in crooked from my scanner (when I look at it on the scan it is straight), can't figure out how to rotate or straighten it, I can't figure out how to add a text box.

I AM FUSTRATED!!! and going to bed

Just had to get that off my chest.... thanks

Carol

ugh! I'd like to offer you some words of encouragement but I have NO IDEA how to do what you're trying to do either! I hope you had a restful night!

This is funny b/c I've been trying to make a flyer on Word, and it looks very, very "amateur".

If you have Publisher, use that - it is ideal...if not and you have Powerpoint, use that it is easier...Actually here is how the Microsoft Suite tends to work:Word - documents, word processor
Excel - spreadsheets
Powerpoint - presentations
Publisher - newsletters, business cards, flyers, etc.
Outlook - email communications, personal information manager, calendar
Access - database manager
Project - project management
Visio - flowcharting...I know I'm missing a few but there they are and their purposes. You can use one for something else, but that isn't its function so if you use it for it's stated purpose it will be easier to do and you'll be better off.We had one person who know Powerpoint and nothing else and would create documents in it - YIKES!

cwinter474 said:
OK, I have always considered myself a fairly intelligent person. I have Word installed and am always able to open flyers and emails made in Word, I can edit flyers to fit my needs. Today... ALL day I have been trying to create my own flyer.

I GIVE UP!!! I got my picture transferred into word, but it came in crooked from my scanner (when I look at it on the scan it is straight), can't figure out how to rotate or straighten it, I can't figure out how to add a text box.

I AM FUSTRATED!!! and going to bed

Just had to get that off my chest.... thanks

Carol

Insert - text box.

Microsoft word is not made for graphics!!!!!! Drives me nuts everyday because I use graphics programs at work all day and then have to go home and work in Word. Ugh! I understand your frustration. If you want the investment of a good solid program to create awesome flyers and other documents in, look into Adobe Illustrator. It takes a little to get used to but you can make the best looking flyers in no time, unlike Word were you can spend all day and your flyers still look like sh*t.

ThanksThanks to all of you and your suggestions. Adobe sounds like the way to go. I have always used the older "Printmaster" program and love it. Very user friendly but, unless whoever you email the file has Printmaster they can't open it.

It's funny that I am having such a hard time. I open and edit flyers from this website all the time and don't have any trouble. I just can NOT get anything I create to look good, not professional.

Thanks again,

Carol

What is "Frustrated and Frustrated: My Word Experience"?

"Frustrated and Frustrated: My Word Experience" is a cookbook written by the founder of Pampered Chef, Doris Christopher. It features over 250 recipes and tips for using Pampered Chef products to make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

How is this cookbook different from others?

"Frustrated and Frustrated: My Word Experience" is unique in that it focuses on using specific Pampered Chef products to create delicious and easy meals. It also includes personal anecdotes and tips from Doris Christopher herself.

Do I need to own Pampered Chef products to use this cookbook?

While it is not necessary to own Pampered Chef products, they are highly recommended to fully utilize the recipes and tips in the book. However, many of the recipes can still be made with similar items you may already have in your kitchen.

Are the recipes in this cookbook difficult to make?

The recipes in "Frustrated and Frustrated: My Word Experience" are designed to be easy and accessible for all levels of cooking experience. They are accompanied by step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure successful results.

Can I purchase this cookbook from Pampered Chef directly?

Yes, "Frustrated and Frustrated: My Word Experience" can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or from a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for purchase through other online retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedchefqueen
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • kayleigh
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies