• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frozen pizza on stone

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I don't cook my pizzas on a stone, so I have no idea on this. A customer emailed me "When I make pizza on it, the crust is not hard. Why is that?"

Any ideas? This is frozen pizzas she's talking about.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Maybe she doesn't realize that the crust isn't supposed to be hard? :D

I don't have any problem with pizzas that are supposed to have a thin and crispy crust not being thin and crispy, but if it's a thicker crust pizza, it's a softer crust. More chewy....like good pizza crust should be.

MLinAZ

Gold Member
May 7, 2009
A customer of mine said the same thing. I never thought about the crust not SUPPOSED to be crispy LOL

robochick84

Sep 3, 2009
We tend to only eat pizza's that are thin and crispy, but they come out "hard" for how I would interpret it. Cooking times can be tough, and my mom has a hard time with that.

When I make bar pan pizza's with thick and fluffy crusts, they don't come out hard - but they aren't supposed to either. I sometimes have trouble even getting those crusts to cook at all.

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
We used to have problems with the crust just not getting cooked enough (still a little doughy), now we always put it on the lowest rack and maybe add a couple extra minutes to the cooking time to let the stone heat up more... We never make pizza (frozen or otherwise) on anything but a stone!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
Replies
Views
Natashya Giardina
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views