• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Medium Round Stone Best for Frozen Pizzas?

In summary, the conversation is about customers wondering if the Medium Round Stone is sufficient for frozen pizzas. Some suggest using the Large Round Stone for better results, while others mention making smaller pizzas on a larger stone. It is also suggested to store the stone in a visible place for more frequent use. Overall, the majority recommend the Large Round Stone for frozen pizzas.
bridgetbakes
I have a customer who is wondering if the Medium Round Stone is sufficient for frozen pizzas. Does anyone know?

bklofft said:
I have a customer who is wondering if the Medium Round Stone is sufficient for frozen pizzas. Does anyone know?
It is for the smaller ones BUT with all the upsizing we have Pizza's are usually larger and I would recommend the Large round stone 15" It doesn't hurt to have a stone a little big BUT if it's too small the pizza will hang/fall off the edge. JMHO I hth Laurel

HmmmmMy brother has made frozen pizza on the rectangle stone. I think it will fit. It will be a tight fit, but it will fit. Frozen pizzas are usually small and not as big as the ones at the local pizza restaurants.
But I agree I couldn't imagine living without my Large Round stone. Not only is it good for pizza but a ton of other things:
Dozen cookies
Biscuits
crescents
Cookie pizzas
Wreaths
Rings
Braids
And you can offer to give her a few of your PC recipes straight from your PC printed off for her to thank her for her purchase.

Debbie :D

I always say if you have a larger stone you can make smaller things on it, but you can't make bigger things on a smaller stone.

Go for the LRS!

I agree
DebbieJ said:
I always say if you have a larger stone you can make smaller things on it, but you can't make bigger things on a smaller stone.

Go for the LRS!

I would hate to have her buy that and then later realize the bigger one would work out better since most PC recipes and home made pizzas fit better on the LRS.

I mean one can only make frozen pizza for so long. When we have leftover pizza, we heat it up in the oven and it fits perfectly on the LRS.

Debbie :D

I have had a lot of customers who say that they never get their LRS out because it is too large to fit in their cabinets so they keep it in garage, basement, ect...out of reach, but would really like to make frozen pizza on it. SO, since they have spent so much money on a stone and not used it they are afraid to buy more stones that they won't use. In these cases, I tell them if all they plan to use it for is frozen pizza then buy the medium stone becaue it is so much easier to store. Then they will atleast get to see the benefits of the stones and how great they are and be more willing to buy the other pieces. JMHO

sillylittlechef said:
I have had a lot of customers who say that they never get their LRS out because it is too large to fit in their cabinets so they keep it in garage, basement, ect...out of reach, but would really like to make frozen pizza on it. SO, since they have spent so much money on a stone and not used it they are afraid to buy more stones that they won't use. In these cases, I tell them if all they plan to use it for is frozen pizza then buy the medium stone becaue it is so much easier to store. Then they will atleast get to see the benefits of the stones and how great they are and be more willing to buy the other pieces. JMHO

Good suggestion, Dusty.

I keep mine on my counter in the old stoneware rack we used to sell with some of my other stones so they are always in my view to use.

I have a medium stone and frozen pizza works on it. (My large stone got something dropped on it... :(
...of course, hubby did it and it was way out of warranty...

My vote is for the large round stone! The frozen pizzas I buy are usually the DiGornio ones and they would be too large for the medium stone.

If they don't have cabinet space for it, tell them to keep it INSIDE the oven! (Just remember to take it out when you turn the oven on.) That way they will get to use it more often cuz it's right there in front of their face! I keep my Large round stone, Large Bar Pan, Small round stone AND my Exec. Griddle in my oven! These are the pieces that I use almost daily!

KellyTheChef said:
My vote is for the large round stone! The frozen pizzas I buy are usually the DiGornio ones and they would be too large for the medium stone.

If they don't have cabinet space for it, tell them to keep it INSIDE the oven! (Just remember to take it out when you turn the oven on.) That way they will get to use it more often cuz it's right there in front of their face! I keep my Large round stone, Large Bar Pan, Small round stone AND my Exec. Griddle in my oven! These are the pieces that I use almost daily!

Yeah, tried that - always end up turning my oven on BEFORE I remember to take them out and have a pile of hot stone to deal with - LOL!

I think I have almost every stone we make. But I do not have the medium since my large works just fine. The other 1 I dont have is the 12 muffin stone, It doesnt fit in my oven.....:(

I just treated myself to the 12 cup muffin stone!
I do not have the small round stone. Not sure what I'd use it for... I use my small bar pan in the toaster oven ALL THE TIME.

I've been thinking about the 12 cup muffin stone too--got to make up my mind!

pamperedharriet said:
I've been thinking about the 12 cup muffin stone too--got to make up my mind!

The reason I dont have it is because it wont fit in my oven....:( Neither does the Bar Pan or the Mini Fluted...:(

Sounds like you have a small oven Ginger. Sorry to hear that.

Ginger428 said:
The reason I dont have it is because it wont fit in my oven....:( Neither does the Bar Pan or the Mini Fluted...:(

How big is your oven:(

Diane:

I keep on wanting to ask what you have in your mini muffin pan that has your daughter and you showing as an avatar?

They were the blueberry-almond oat muffins from the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook. We made them into mini-muffins for my Help Whip Cancer show last year. To be honest, they weren't that good, rather chewy, but it might be because we miniaturized them. I haven't tried them in the stoneware muffin pan yet. Maybe I should...

Thanks. Everytime I see your avatar I wonder and now I know! Don't forget when you use that pan lower the temp by 25 degrees (unless it is a PC recipe for that pan) and of course the cooking time is fast. For brownies I do them for 14 minutes.

I did lower the temp, but I probably misjudged the time. And don't even get me going on brownies. I have another thread on that (I can't get them to turn out to save my life!)

I'll have to come to your place and do them for you!

I think mini muffin size cakes are also about 14 minutes.

pamperedharriet said:
I'll have to come to your place and do them for you!
Come on over - would love some perfect brownies! (Although you may want to wait...we're in a blizzard warning right now. Still waiting for the 8-11" we're supposed to get starting 3 hours ago, but it sure is windy!)

We hijacked the thread, so I'll give my answer to the first question. I'm all about the large round stone. I have to admit that mine is one of the brownest stones I have ever seen. I know some people will argue with this, but I always keep my stone in the oven, on the bottom rack, even if I'm not using it.

dianevill said:
How big is your oven:(

I know its 20in wide & I guess not too deep.....:( Its a REALLY small kitchen, so thats all it would fit....

At least you can get the smaller pans in there! That would have to be frustrating, though...(my oven acts as a storage space for all my stones when not in use. I keep the LRS in there at all times but move the rest when I need it.)

Well 10 of the 12 years we have owned the house, I have worked with food ( cooking,prepping,serving etc...) so it never really mattered much....;)

I guess you adapt to what you have, hey?

What is the best stone for frozen pizza?

The best stone for frozen pizza is a ceramic or pizza stone. These types of stones are able to evenly distribute heat and absorb excess moisture, resulting in a crispy crust.

Can I use a regular baking sheet for frozen pizza?

While a regular baking sheet can be used for frozen pizza, it may not result in the best crust. Baking sheets do not absorb moisture as well as stones, which can result in a soggy crust.

Do I need to preheat the stone before cooking frozen pizza?

Yes, it is important to preheat the stone before cooking frozen pizza. This helps ensure that the stone is evenly heated and will result in a crispy crust. Preheat the stone in the oven for at least 30 minutes before placing the pizza on it.

How do I clean a pizza stone after using it for frozen pizza?

After using the pizza stone for frozen pizza, allow it to cool completely. Then, use a scraper or brush to remove any leftover crumbs or residue. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as they can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of future pizzas.

Can I use a pizza stone on the grill for frozen pizza?

Yes, a pizza stone can be used on the grill for frozen pizza. Just make sure to preheat the stone on the grill before placing the pizza on it. It is also important to monitor the temperature to ensure the pizza does not burn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • DebbieJ