• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Summer Movies With the Kids

In summary, many major movie theaters offer free summer family movie programs where you can take your kids to see G or PG movies usually on Tuesdays or Wednesdays in the morning, with adults also getting in for free. The only cost is for concessions. The movies are usually popular films from the past 1-2 years. Some national theater groups that offer this program include Regal, Marquee, AMC, Cinemark, and Five Cent Nickel. It's a great deal for summer fun with the kids, but arrive early as theaters can fill up quickly. Additionally, the website kidsbowlfree.com offers free bowling tickets for two games every day of the summer for kids, with the option for parents to pay for a summer pass
esavvymom
Staff member
In case you were not aware, many major Movie Theaters have Summer Family Movie programs....you can take your kids to see one of usually two G or PG movies playing each week- usually Tuesday or Wednesdays- and most always in the morning (9:30am or 10:am) - for !FREE! (some places may charge a few dollars- most are free) Even the adults get in free! The only thing you pay for is any concessions! And they are movies that are usually hot-movies from the past 1-2 years or really popular.

it's a great deal for summer-fun with the kids when they are out of school

Here are the links to a few national theater groups- you can search for your state. Or contact your local theater and see if they participate.

http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx
http://www.marqueecinemas.com/summerseries.asphttp://www.dtmovies.com/SVMS/2009/theatre_list.htm
AMC Theaters
http://www.cinemark.com/summermovieclubhouse/index.htmhttp://www.fivecentnickel.com/2009/05/25/free-summer-movies-for-kids-2009-edition/

My kids love it- and I love it just as much! But be sure you get there at least 15-20 minutes early. The theaters can fill up quickly with kids, day-camps, track-out camps, etc. At the various theaters in my area, they almost always have all screens on one side showing one movie, and then all screens on the other side showing the second movie....so you can have 6-8 screens showing the same movie- which helps!

ENJOY! :D

It isn't in my area

:cry: :mad: :yuck: :mad: :thumbdown: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry:

whiteyteresa said:
It isn't in my area

:cry: :mad: :yuck: :mad: :thumbdown: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry:

Check with your theater locally. You might be surprised. Worth a phone call, right?

I entered my zip and it said no entries

But I will call tomorrow morning

I remember about 20 years they did because I took my son to those.

Thanks

:chef:

Someone put me wise to this website as well:kidsbowlfree.com: Kids Bowl Free All Summer Long!choose your bowling alley and they will email you bowling tickets for two free games EVERY day of the summer for each of your kids. you only have to pay for the shoes...
At most places, you can pay about $24 for mom and dad to bowl all summer too!! The number of bowling allies is limited...but worth checking out! :D

thanks... that is great. I forgot about the free summer movies.Woo Hoo the local bowling place is on the list.

Thanks, do you know if there is a age limit, my DD is 12. We love to go to the movies.

cewcooks said:
Thanks, do you know if there is a age limit, my DD is 12. We love to go to the movies.
None that I've ever seen. I see teens/pre-teens in there all the time...and adults who come with the kids. But each theater may do their own thing. But I'd be really shocked if you had any issue with a 12-yr old!!

At our theater their are old people that come to it. So I am guessing they will let whoever in.

What are the free summer movies with the kids?

The free summer movies with the kids are family-friendly films that are shown for free in various locations during the summer months. These movies are a great way to spend some quality time with your children without breaking the bank.

Where and when are these movies shown?

The locations and showtimes for the free summer movies vary depending on the city and organization hosting the event. You can check with your local parks and recreation department or community center for a schedule of movies in your area.

Are the movies appropriate for all ages?

Most of the free summer movies are selected with families in mind and are appropriate for all ages. However, it is always a good idea to check the movie's rating and read reviews before attending to ensure it is suitable for your family.

Do I need to bring anything with me to the movie?

It is recommended to bring blankets or lawn chairs to sit on, as well as snacks or drinks if outside food is allowed. Some locations may also have food and drinks available for purchase. Don't forget to also bring sunscreen and bug spray if needed.

Do I need to reserve tickets in advance?

For most free summer movies, tickets are not required and seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. However, some popular movies may have limited seating and may require tickets, so it is best to check with the hosting organization beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies