• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frazzled Host-Sorry Guys Longs but I'm Stressed

I do not announce ahead of time that if they place an order they get an SBCB. When people order, I always tell them they get a credit towards their own order.
noelskitchen
I have a show this Sat. with my hairdresser. We set her show up a month and a half ago. I mailed her EVERYTHING she would need, mailed postcards, called her on an every other week basis. She seemed so busy that I couldn't seem to host coach her as well as I wanted. Even though I spoke with her while she was doing my hair it seemed as though it wasn't enough. I finally called and left a message telling her I needed to speak with her tofind out where I'll be setting up, demo/hands on, etc.

She calls me yesterday frazzled stating she didn't realize how much work this all was. Than she asked me if she needed to buy the items for the recipe. I told her yes and even had mailed her the recipe with instructions, letting her know this was how her show would work. (Right now I can't afford to buy the ingredients myself or I would)(If she would have given me the time on the phone it would have been easier). She went on and on about not having the time to do this and that and I finally said Mary you don't have to stress about a thing. I will follow up on calling people who were interested in coming to the show but couldn't, placing orders etc. She finally said everything will be okay Sat. I agreed and assured her.

My next dilema is she wanted to do the 6'oclock salad grapefruit/chicken recipe, she declined the cheeseburger salad. Since I'm a new consultant I don't have three products, The grill pan which is okay because I'm going to grill the chicken ahead of time in the grill basket. The smaller batter bowl which is also okay because I can improvise and last the salad choppers. I guess I can cut the chicken into strips with my knife. No big deal. But as far as interactive hands on. Not sure what to have guets do. The garlic press, mandoline but I need help maybe because I'm worried. I don't want my host to think it was a big mistake. With 20+ people coming. I want this to be a great interactive hands on show.

What prizes to I give. I wanted to do pampered chef related. But I really haven't made much to go out and purchase products in time for Sat show. HELP!

Just saute the chicken breast in a pan at home, no need to actually grill it unless you want the marks on it. Do you have a cluster member you can borrow the salad choppers from?

Just give your host a season's best and have people sign it. Pass a nice pen with it. Also, if you have twix it clips or nylon scrapers those are cheap and easy prizes to give people. You don't have to give prizes either. Its all up to you. :)

I agree with WadesGirl. When I need to borrow anything, the first person I call is my Director. Also, the last show I did, I didn't have any prizes. No one noticed, but I did add a SBRC to each order as a consultant gift. I'll probably make this a regular thing, changing up between shows (the Mini-Whipper is also popular, and inexpensive).

Good job on calming down the hostess! Is it possible to buy the ingredients, and have her pay you back at the show? Reminding her, of course, that she gets a credit for it when she's ready to place her own order.

I'll be praying for you show to be a huge success!

Sarah

As for prizes, you don't have to do them if you don't have any. I stock up on SBRC, pan scrapers, orange peelers and Quik-cut knives on the supply order. I don't give out anything expensive!

My director said when she started out she couldn't afford to give away product as prizes. She baked up some cookies on her stone (even a store brand tube of cookie dough will work) & gave away "stone baked cookies" - 1 to the host as her thank you & 1 for the door prize drawing. I have a recruit right now who does the same thing. She says it's cheap & people love it!

Great ideas. Thanks everyone for your ideas. This is my first show that isn't really friends or family it's kind of like "The Real Thing" and I'm wanting it to be a successful show.

Sarah, do you announce to guests ahead of time that if they place an order they get an SBCB? Or just when they place an order?

What does the term "frazzled host" mean?

The term "frazzled host" refers to someone who is feeling overwhelmed and stressed while trying to host a gathering or event.

How can I avoid feeling frazzled while hosting?

There are a few tips to help avoid feeling frazzled while hosting: - Plan ahead and make a schedule - Delegate tasks to others - Keep things simple - Take breaks and practice self-care - Remember that perfection is not necessary, just enjoy the moment.

What are some easy and delicious recipes for a stress-free hosting experience?

Some easy and delicious recipes for a stress-free hosting experience include: - Slow cooker meals - Make-ahead casseroles - Simple salads or pasta dishes - Appetizer platters - Desserts that can be made in advance.

How can Pampered Chef products help make hosting easier?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and appliances that can help make hosting easier. For example: - Our food chopper can quickly chop up ingredients for salads or appetizers - Our multipurpose pan can be used to cook a variety of dishes in one pan - Our handheld blender can easily mix and blend ingredients for dips or sauces.

What can I do to make my guests feel more comfortable and at ease?

To make your guests feel more comfortable and at ease, try: - Providing a variety of food options to accommodate different dietary restrictions - Setting up a designated area for drinks and snacks - Playing some background music - Introducing guests to each other and encouraging conversation - Taking breaks to chat with your guests and make them feel welcome.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • lkhartmann