• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guys' Night Out: Shop for Christmas Gifts with a Personal Shopper

In summary, a personal shopper will help guys shop for themselves or purchase Christmas gifts for their wives with a personal shopper (me). The show will showcase the rubs on cubed chicken using a grill (indoor using grill pan or outdoor using the basket) and do a couple hands-on demos of the knives, food chopper, salad choppers, etc to show the guys what folks like and why. A free show will be offered after discussing the bonuses of hosting a show.
Dotty
Gold Member
I'd like to do a guys only show, where guys can shop for themselves or purchase Christmas gifts for their wives with a personal shopper (me). I was thinking of approaching a male-friendly organization like a hunting/fishing club or veterans organization or firehall and offering to do a fundraiser for them in order to use their facility.

Pre-show work:
Advertise with fliers at said locations "Need help finding a Christmas gift for your wife or do you have a loved one that loves to cook? Does she/they love Pampered Chef? Come to XX at XX time and your personal shopper will help you pick out that perfect gift!! Bring a friend or an outside order, get a free Jamaican Jerk Seasoning rub!

At the show-
Have a few cash and carry items
Display my PC items as normal
Hand out the well-stocked kitchen list and highlight a few items. Get a few guys to share what their wives have (or they have for themselves).
Demo keep it short and simple - Showcase the rubs on cubed chicken using a grill (indoor using grill pan or outdoor using the basket) - use the sauces for dipping.
Do a couple hands-on demos of the knives, food chopper, salad choppers, etc to show the guys what folks like and why.
Drawing for a free show (after discussing the bonuses of hosting a show).

What do you think?

Is it guy-friendly enough?

The guys I have spoken to aren't too keen on going to a PC party, but when I talked about the personal shopper angle and asked if their wives had PC products, they thought that THAT would be good for them.

What have you PCers done to reach out to the male market?

I think it's a good angle to do. I like the personal shopper aspect, as there are some people who just hate shopping.I'd just be careful about stereotyping men so much. I was a bit offended, being a guy (but not a "typical guy"), when I first read your post, but then much less so after I thought about it. I know that the majority of the female guests at my shows say that their husbands are the people who do all the cooking.You are right, though, that most guys are not too keen on doing the party thing. I would take the angle that PC is not just for the ladies! Guys, especially those who cook, tend to like gadgets/tools and appreciate good-quality knives and cookware more. Now, your post mentioned that guys aren't too keen on going to a PC party. Then why do a drawing for a free show if you think they won't even want to have a party? Show them that a party can be "guy-friendly" as you call it. And remember that guy-friendly can mean a lot more than focusing on the grill. I'd avoid the whole cash & carry thing. #1 It's not what PC is about and #2 You never know what people will want and it's just a big pain. So overall, I love the idea of the personal shopper aspect, but just remember that a good number of them may not be shopping for someone else as they might be the ones who do the cooking in the house. As a guy, I first read your post and it came across like all guys are bumbling cavemen who don't know their way around a kitchen. I'm sure you don't think that way and I might even be the only one who read it that way. Before I risk being too long-winded (I probably already am), I say go for it, b/c I do think it's an excellent idea. To me, PC is "guy-friendly" enough b/c it features quality products for people who need timesavers in the kitchen and for those who could spend all day in the kitchen. And, don't assume they're all married.

I agree with Keith.I am getting more and more men who come to my shows. Or I have women who come, and then take the catalog home for their husband to look at "since he's the one who does most of the cooking...."I have a guy on my team - he had several shows before becoming a consultant - it was all guys who came to his shows, many of them single, or the cooks in their household...and now he's a consultant. He, and all of his friends were purchasing for themselves, and not for wives or women in their lives. He is a huge sportsman, and is going to be doing "cooking wild game" PC shows this Fall! :) Showing other guys how to make their venison, or pheasant, or etc...easier to work with using PC tools.So - I think it's a great idea, but like Keith, I would say don't limit it to them buying PC as gifts for their wives. Once they use the knives, they'll all want them for themselves!

leftymac said:
I think it's a good angle to do. I like the personal shopper aspect, as there are some people who just hate shopping.

I'd just be careful about stereotyping men so much. I was a bit offended, being a guy (but not a "typical guy"), when I first read your post, but then much less so after I thought about it. I know that the majority of the female guests at my shows say that their husbands are the people who do all the cooking.

You are right, though, that most guys are not too keen on doing the party thing. I would take the angle that PC is not just for the ladies! Guys, especially those who cook, tend to like gadgets/tools and appreciate good-quality knives and cookware more.

Now, your post mentioned that guys aren't too keen on going to a PC party. Then why do a drawing for a free show if you think they won't even want to have a party? Show them that a party can be "guy-friendly" as you call it. And remember that guy-friendly can mean a lot more than focusing on the grill.

I'd avoid the whole cash & carry thing. #1 It's not what PC is about and #2 You never know what people will want and it's just a big pain.

So overall, I love the idea of the personal shopper aspect, but just remember that a good number of them may not be shopping for someone else as they might be the ones who do the cooking in the house.

As a guy, I first read your post and it came across like all guys are bumbling cavemen who don't know their way around a kitchen. I'm sure you don't think that way and I might even be the only one who read it that way.

Before I risk being too long-winded (I probably already am), I say go for it, b/c I do think it's an excellent idea. To me, PC is "guy-friendly" enough b/c it features quality products for people who need timesavers in the kitchen and for those who could spend all day in the kitchen.

And, don't assume they're all married.

Thanks for your thoughts, Keith. I wasn't trying to offend and I was trying to be respectful to you and Dave while I wrote the post. I didn't do too well, and I apologize. Unfortunately, I'm really trying to target this party towards the guy who "likes gadgets, clueless about his what his wife might want, probably claims to be the grill-master but doesn't own up to much else in the kitchen". It is a stereotype, but it happens that I know a lot of guys in this area that fit that bill. They are all nice guys, but they tend to be a little sensitive about anything that might be considered "feminine" and I'm trying to figure out how to attract them as customers.

I do know that once I get the guys together, they'll be bragging about their cooking, frying, grilling, etc skills. I hope that once I get them together and help them out with the personal shopper role, they'll be more into the idea of having a party OR getting their wives to have a party so they can get the knife set or cookware set for 1/2 off. :)

Part of this set of "manly men" men are single guys who do cook and are proud of it.

It's kind of a weird place to be in for me, with trying to use another stereotype to break into another market. I want to be inclusive and I do believe that PC products are great for all people. I am not sure the best way to go about it and I welcome all your advice. If you have some better, more inclusive wording for invitations and fliers, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Dorothy

If you know your market, and know those are the types of guys you're targeting, then go for it! I hope it's successful for you because it does sound like a great idea. :)

What is "Guys' Night Out" with Pampered Chef?

"Guys' Night Out" is a special shopping event with Pampered Chef where men can come and shop for Christmas gifts with the help of a personal shopper.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to attend?

No, this event is open to anyone who wants to attend and shop for Christmas gifts. You do not need to be a consultant to participate.

What kind of gifts can I find at "Guys' Night Out"?

We offer a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, as well as gift sets and bundles that make perfect Christmas presents for anyone who loves to cook or entertain.

Can I bring my spouse or friends to "Guys' Night Out"?

Absolutely! We encourage you to bring your spouse or friends to this event. It's a great opportunity to shop for Christmas gifts together and have a fun night out.

Do I need to RSVP for "Guys' Night Out"?

Yes, we ask that you RSVP for this event so we can make sure to have enough personal shoppers available to assist you. You can RSVP by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by registering online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies