• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You That Mail Full Page Invites

S
sfdavis918
Do you print them from home? I am thinking that I want to do this for a Chocolate Bliss show that I am doing. I would really like to do it in color but her invite list is at 40 guests (I'm not complaining!!:D ) and I'm sure that will use up a whole ink cartridge. I have done some printing at Kinko's and love their quality, but that is, what, $.49 per copy? That can get a bit expensive!

So what do you do? Also, I haven't looked in the files yet, and I will, but does anyone have a full page chocolate bliss invite that they use, other than the one on CC?

Thanks so much!

sfdavis918 said:
Do you print them from home? I would really like to do it in color but her invite list is at 40 guests (I'm not complaining!!:D ) and I'm sure that will use up a whole ink cartridge.

So what do you do? Also, I haven't looked in the files yet, and I will, but does anyone have a full page chocolate bliss invite that they use, other than the one on CC?

Thanks so much!

I do print them at home. . .and purchased a new printer (color laser) so that I would not be changing ink cartridges all the time. At first I continued just printing in black but recently I started adding a little color to different areas of the invite. I know not everyone can afford to buy a printer like this. . .but perhaps that can be a business goal. For those who are printing and mailing guest invites, I think a upgrade of your printer will pay for itself.

Oh, I've also been able to start printing the host/guest specials (for host packets and lapboards) in color. This is something I'd never considered when I was using my inkjet printer.

When I've done a full-page invite, I usually print in BW, but I use color paper or paper with a color border to make it more interesting. Lately, I've been making my own Postcard invitations, which I do print in color, since one page then yields 4 invitations. It's more cost effective for me.

Mary

I do just about everything in color. It really grabs their attention and to me, just looks more professional. I know it can get expensive, but I agree that it pays for itself. I'll attach a full page one that I've used and I just change the background picture for whatever the theme is. Maybe it'll work for you!

Attachments

• Invite1.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 368
Oh, and I print them at home too. Forgot that part!! :D

Don't forget that we as PC consultants get a discount at Kinko's, Office Max & Office Depot. We just printed 125 copies b/w for only $4.00 at Office Max with our discount.

How do you mail out the full page invites? In envelopes or just fold them over, tape them and put the address on the outside?

I don't use the theme invites that often. I have a basic 1 page invite I use. I print at home in b&w but on colored paper using DRAFT MODE--saves so much ink!!! I fold them and put them in envelopes with the host's name and address as the return address so that the guest will actually open it. :)

I'm trying to print the power cooking theme invites using the pdf on CC, but when I print it you can still see the button in the top right hand corner that says "Print Form". Does anyone know how to get rid of that?

Are you printing the page that it comes on or hitting the "print form" button?

I didn't hit the "Print Form" button to print it if that's what you mean. I went to File -> Print.

ChefMoore said:
How do you mail out the full page invites? In envelopes or just fold them over, tape them and put the address on the outside?

I fold over and tape.

BTW, the invitation has the Host's name and address on the outside.

I just found this out two weeks ago, but Office Depot will give you color copies for 29 cents and B/W copies for 3 cents (with the contract card you get through the link on CC). PLUS they offer you the option of ordering your printing job online and then they ship it to you. I'm told the shipping is free, but I haven't tried that out yet so don't hold me to it...
I hope this helps someone...I was so excited to hear about 29 cents!!! I'm just hoping that's an "all-the-time" price and not just a special that my upline was telling us about two weeks ago...

I love the 3 cent copies! Makes printing 100 copies only $3! Plus they charge less for laminating stuff. I had a couple poster logos from Nancy's that I had laminated for only $3-4. I use my card every time I go because you never know what you will get a discount on.

Stupid question~ but how much does it cost to mail the invite? I am trying to decide if it is more cost efficient to mail the whole page invites or to continue using the postcards from home office.:chef:

A full page invite is 41 cents, but it's also FIRST CLASS MAIL.Postcards are THIRD CLASS MAIL and I was having problems with them getting lost way too often, so I switched to the full page.

DebbieJ said:
I don't use the theme invites that often. I have a basic 1 page invite I use. I print at home in b&w but on colored paper using DRAFT MODE--saves so much ink!!! I fold them and put them in envelopes with the host's name and address as the return address so that the guest will actually open it. :)

I do bright colored paper too; but I just fold, staple, & address.
Deb, what is draft mode? Would be nice to save on ink! I started re-filling my ink at Walgreens which has saved some.

ChefMoore said:
I didn't hit the "Print Form" button to print it if that's what you mean. I went to File -> Print.

Then you should hit "print form" and it will print the correct stuff.

I figured it out then, thanks!

lacychef said:
I do bright colored paper too; but I just fold, staple, & address.
Deb, what is draft mode? Would be nice to save on ink! I started re-filling my ink at Walgreens which has saved some.

Don't click the little printer icon to print. Do a ctrl-P or choose print from the file menu. A box should pop up. Click on PROPERTIES. Under the PAPER/QUALITY tab, see the QUALITY SETTINGS. Choose DRAFT and make sure you're on B&W. Click okay, it will close that window and bring you back to the print dialogue box. Enter the number of copies you want and off you go!

This is how it works for my machines, it may be slightly different for yours.

Oh, and DON'T USE STAPLES!!!! Your invite will get caught up in the USPS sorting equipment and get ripped to shreds. Use tape!

I have printed mine at home. I have also emailed mine to the host for them to print too. That way they can confirm their address and phone number and all.

I fold them over like a letter, tape them shut, address the outside like I would an envelope and mail them normally.

I did not read the whl=ole thread, so, this may not even be the exact question asked HAHA!

Thanks for the info Deb:chef:

Deb - thanks for the information on "Draft" mode while printing!!! I may have to try that out!!!

My UPS store is less expensive to print colored copies than Staples, last time I checked. I didn't use my Staples card though. Too much clutter since I became a consultant again, and I couldn't find it.
And I use the postcards from HO, print them out in color (words) using the "fast" or "quick" printing. It is plenty dark enough. I print my address labels, too, and the "fast" printing is dark enough for address labels, too. As far as I know, my postcards have not been getting lost in the mail.

I have tried printing the full page invite for the Power cooking show and no matter which "print form" I click I still get the little "print form" box on the full page invitation. UGH!!!

What I ended up doing to get rid of the "Print form" button was to use the little camera button in adobe reader and copy the whole invite (without the Print form button) and then pasted it into word to print it out. It was kind of roundabout, but it worked.

JAE said:
My UPS store is less expensive to print colored copies than Staples, last time I checked. I didn't use my Staples card though. Too much clutter since I became a consultant again, and I couldn't find it.
And I use the postcards from HO, print them out in color (words) using the "fast" or "quick" printing. It is plenty dark enough. I print my address labels, too, and the "fast" printing is dark enough for address labels, too. As far as I know, my postcards have not been getting lost in the mail.

I have never had any problem with the postcards getting lost either.....and I tried using the full page invites for a while, but didn't see any difference in attendance or sales - so decided to go back to the postcards to save on printing and postage. I have found though, that the theme show postcards generate more interest than the generic show postcard.

DebbieJ said:
I do the same thing! I have a BW laser printer so it prints out quite a bit for the $$. I use REALLY BRIGHT paper (neon colors...4 or 5 colors to a ream) and make up return address labels that have the host's name address for the same reason Deb said!

1. Do you print the invites from home or at a printing store?

This depends on personal preference and budget. Printing at home may be more cost-effective for smaller quantities, but printing at a store may provide higher quality and save time.

2. Is it possible to print full page invites in color?

Yes, it is possible to print full page invites in color. However, it may use up a lot of ink, so it may be more cost-effective to print in black and white or at a printing store.

3. How many guests can a full page invite accommodate?

This also depends on personal preference and the design of the invite. Some full page invites may be able to accommodate more guests than others. It is important to consider the font size and spacing when creating the invite.

4. How much does it cost to print a full page invite at a printing store?

The cost may vary depending on the printing store and the quantity of invites being printed. It is recommended to contact the store beforehand to get an estimate of the cost.

5. Are there any pre-made full page invites for a Chocolate Bliss show available online?

Yes, there are a variety of pre-made full page invites available online. You can search for them on websites like Canva, Etsy, or Creative Market. You can also check the files section of the Chocolate Bliss show group for any available templates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • heather223