• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forAll Those Who "Love" Fedex Here You Go..

In summary, the conversation discusses frustrations with FedEx deliveries to businesses on Saturdays. The participants discuss possible solutions, such as having shipments sent to a personal address instead of a business. Some also mention reaching out to FedEx about changing the default delivery type to Ground. There is also mention of issues with FedEx not attempting to deliver packages even when someone is present. Overall, the conversation highlights the need for clearer rules and communication from FedEx.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I have the majority of my shipments sent to my business b/c I work Mon-Sat until 6pm & don't get home until almost 7pm some nights. So Fedex showed my shipment out on the truck to be dlvd on Sat. the 12th. Well, it was time for me to go & I called Fedex b/c I didn't have my shipment. The girl said they didn't dlv to businesses on Sat so it wouldn't be until Monday. I said now you all state you only dlv PC Tue-Sat so am I going to get it Monday. She said I should but she didn't know. I'd have to call back Monday. That makes me SOOOOOO mad b/c I was going to work w/that shipment over the weekend. As of now....no Fedex. He is usually here early morning. Rules should be one way or the other. Either it dlvs Sat. no matter who its too or then it should have been here today if they are going to pull a rules change. I'm about to call now. Needed to vent before I get on the phone w/them. :)

How would you feel if no one was working at your business on Saturday and it sat there all weekend until Monday, or worse yet, was stolen from the front door? That's way too much liability. If you want to make sure to receive a shipment on a Saturday have it sent to your house. This is not Fed Ex's fault.

The difference is FedEx Home vs. FedEx Ground (business). Home delivers Tue-Sat, and that's how our packages ship from HO. If you regularly have your shipments delivered to work, then you probably need to talk to someone at HO about switching your default delivery type to Ground.

I was curious about that too. Our deliveries are considered FedEx Home - but I have heard several consultants mention that they have them delivered to their work address. Now, I'm assuming that HO would not know the difference so I'm also assuming that everything that comes out of the warehouse is designated as FedEx Home. So, does the delivery status get changed? Does FedEx change the delivery status to FedEx Ground or is it still FedEx Homne going to a business? Have I confused you now too?

Where is Janet when we need her?

DebbieJ said:
How would you feel if no one was working at your business on Saturday and it sat there all weekend until Monday, or worse yet, was stolen from the front door? That's way too much liability.

If you want to make sure to receive a shipment on a Saturday have it sent to your house. This is not Fed Ex's fault.

The only problem w/that is you don't know when it will be shipped out from HO so you don't know if it will be on Sat or not. I'm here 6days a week. No one is at my house during the day so work is the better solution. UPS will take my pkg to the store next door if he is here earlier than me which is very rare. Some how I need to be flagged as here 6 days a week or something. They didn't even attempt to see if I was at the business or not they just assumed.

kaseydee said:
They didn't even attempt to see if I was at the business or not they just assumed.
*lightbulb goes on* Ohhh.... then it is a typical FedEx issue that we've seen from other consultants - no attempt to deliver, even when someone's there.

I was really hoping that one of the announcements at Leadership was going to be a return to UPS. :(

I have had my upsets with FedEx about Home and Ground too. Now that I have the system figured out it is ok but it can still be frustrating to be expecting a package and it end up not being delivered on sat and then having to wait until Tues, so, I know how Kaseydee feels about that.

I got in touch with the FedEx guy in charge in my area and talked to him about my issues.

chefann said:
The difference is FedEx Home vs. FedEx Ground (business). Home delivers Tue-Sat, and that's how our packages ship from HO. If you regularly have your shipments delivered to work, then you probably need to talk to someone at HO about switching your default delivery type to Ground.

I will call them & see if they can do that switching to ground. Thanks

chefann said:
*lightbulb goes on* Ohhh.... then it is a typical FedEx issue that we've seen from other consultants - no attempt to deliver, even when someone's there.

I was really hoping that one of the announcements at Leadership was going to be a return to UPS. :(
I think that FedEx ASSumes a lot :rolleyes: .....I too was hoping that we'd return to UPS :(

pamperedlinda said:
I was curious about that too. Our deliveries are considered FedEx Home - but I have heard several consultants mention that they have them delivered to their work address. Now, I'm assuming that HO would not know the difference so I'm also assuming that everything that comes out of the warehouse is designated as FedEx Home. So, does the delivery status get changed? Does FedEx change the delivery status to FedEx Ground or is it still FedEx Homne going to a business? Have I confused you now too?

Where is Janet when we need her?

Sorry, just popped in, I was in our warehouse fixing our Pick-to-Light system.

Anyway, Ground vs. Home is tricky. They classify by address. However, if a building "looks" like a larger one or a business they will change the classification to Ground from HD. Most stuff goes out default Home Delivery because we generally ship shows to consumers or homes not to businesses.

I hope that makes some sense...

pamperedlinda said:
rub it in.......

OK...if you insist! :D

HA-HA Linda - I get to go to HO on 1/24!!!!

I asked for it......smartiepants!

As my dad used to say, "Don't get smart with me!"...To which I always replied (granted I was about 7-8), "I don't need to get smart dad, I already am!" At which point he couldn't spank me since he walked into it...he tried to go chuckle elsewhere...

janetupnorth said:
As my dad used to say, "Don't get smart with me!"...

To which I always replied (granted I was about 7-8), "I don't need to get smart dad, I already am!"

At which point he couldn't spank me since he walked into it...he tried to go chuckle elsewhere...
Come on, Janet...tell us for what awesome reason do you get to go to HO? Hope no one reads that too quickly and thinks that you get to be a HO:D :eek: :yuck: Just kiddin around:blushing:

baychef said:
Come on, Janet...tell us for what awesome reason do you get to go to HO? Hope no one reads that too quickly and thinks that you get to be a HO:D :eek: :yuck: Just kiddin around:blushing:

I am traveling there again with a coworker and one of our owners to look at the warehouse/conveyor system even further. Last time more people were with and it was more of an overview, now we get to dig in and see some details further like their zone logic and pick to container methods and overall induction methods and flow.

Don't worry, I don't get any deep-dark secrets and don't run around the whole company, just the warehouse. ...and have to say the warehouse crew is great and sincere in supporting us.

But yes, I am VERY happy to go again.

I called HO & they said they couldn't change anything regarding it going Fedex home delv & to call fedex....told them I did & fedex said to call & tell them to switch me to fedex ground instead of home & she said they couldn't do that everything is send fedex home.

kaseydee said:
I called HO & they said they couldn't change anything regarding it going Fedex home delv & to call fedex....told them I did & fedex said to call & tell them to switch me to fedex ground instead of home & she said they couldn't do that everything is send fedex home.

Every thing may be sent FedEx HOME but it is not all delivered that way. Mine is delivered by the FedEx GROUND b/c we do not have HOME in my area. Of course, that could be why mine just automatically gets put on a different truck since it is not available.

jrstephens said:
Every thing may be sent FedEx HOME but it is not all delivered that way. Mine is delivered by the FedEx GROUND b/c we do not have HOME in my area. Of course, that could be why mine just automatically gets put on a different truck since it is not available.
that makes sense.

last year, i eanred my HWC products. I have 7 steps from the ground to my front door. my fedex guy THREW my products up against my door bc he thought I wasnt home. Car was in the shop and baby was sleeping. I opened my door and hollared at him. then I called FedEx's HO to complain. Then I called our HO to get my products replaces and complain. I've been hoping since then that we'd change back to UPS. I miss my UPS guy. He used to buy things from me...

I had a fedex guy who was just a complete idiot. i got a smaller box from PC which had the chef's tongs in it, and this guy put it under my doormat, like it wasn't completely obvious. come on now, just cause people live in apts, and there's a doormat, hmm. I never thought of putting someone totally obvious under a doormat. And he was just walking off from the door when I opened it. All I could get out was "what in the hell???".

I am so glad to be in Ontario Canada right now ... our PC stuff comes via UPS, and my UPS driver is soooo sweet! He knows that my kids nap in the afternoon and that I have two yappy mutts, so if he absolutely HAS to deliver during naptime, he'll call first (contact phone is always listed on the box), and if he has other deliveries in the area, he'll put mine to last or absolute first so that the kids don't wake up. I think I'd blow a gasket if they ever switched away from UPS!!!

defaults to groundwell - Kaseydee when I sent your package out today it defaulted to ground delivery - I tried to send it home delivery, but it went back to ground - it recognized the address as being commercial. So... my guess is once it gets in Fed Ex's hands it gets designated as ground because of the address. Next time check one of the labels on the box - maybe it will say ground instead of home delivery.:)

1. What is "forAll Those Who "Love" Fedex Here You Go.."?

"forAll Those Who "Love" Fedex Here You Go.." is a collection of recipes and kitchen tips specifically designed for those who frequently use FedEx for shipping and receiving. It includes easy and delicious meals that can be prepared quickly for busy days.

2. Do I need to be a FedEx employee to use this cookbook?

No, anyone can use this cookbook regardless of their relationship with FedEx. It is designed for those who frequently use FedEx's services, but the recipes and tips can be used by anyone.

3. Are the recipes in this cookbook complicated?

No, the recipes in "forAll Those Who "Love" Fedex Here You Go.." are simple and easy to follow. They are designed for busy individuals who don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

4. Do the recipes use any specific ingredients?

The recipes in this cookbook use everyday ingredients that can be found at any grocery store. There are no specialty ingredients required.

5. Can I purchase this cookbook in stores?

No, "forAll Those Who "Love" Fedex Here You Go.." is only available through Pampered Chef consultants. You can contact your consultant to purchase a copy or host a party to earn it for free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dollfangs
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • patty42240