• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are Some Easy and Delicious Food Ideas for an Open House?

In summary, to avoid spending too much time in the kitchen during an upcoming Open House, the conversation suggests serving appetizers that can sit out without spoiling. Some ideas include Caprese skewers, Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Mini Quiches, Meat and Cheese Platter, Cucumber Bites, Bruschetta, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mini Chicken Salad Croissants, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Shrimp Cocktail, Antipasto Skewers, Deviled Eggs, Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips, Pigs in a Blanket, and a Veggie Platter with Dip. These options are easy to make and will allow you to spend more time promoting your upcoming sale.
Jennifer E
I have an Open House coming up and I was wanting to get ideas for recipes that can sit out without becoming nasty. I don't want to spend alot of time during the show in the kitchen. My daughter and her friend (teenagers) will be there to assist, so I will have some help if there are some things that need refreshening. My mom wants it to be all appetizers, but I am going to do a trifle to show off the trifle bowl and promote the upcoming sale. Any ideas?
TIA

Have you tried the new Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups in the SB cookbook? Very good & very easy to make. The recipe says it makes 24 but I was able to get 48 from it. The Lemon Drop Cookies in the new desserts cookbook is good too. I'd also do the Habanero sauce over cream cheese and dunk pretzel sticks in it.

!1. Caprese Skewers: Alternate cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, and basil leaves on skewers. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.2. Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Serve with pita chips or sliced baguette.3. Mini Quiches: Use pre-made pie crust and fill with your choice of fillings such as spinach and feta, bacon and cheddar, or mushroom and Swiss.4. Meat and Cheese Platter: Arrange a variety of meats and cheeses on a platter with crackers and grapes.5. Cucumber Bites: Slice cucumbers and top with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and dill.6. Bruschetta: Top toasted baguette slices with diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, and balsamic vinegar.7. Stuffed Mushrooms: Fill mushroom caps with a mixture of cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and herbs. Bake until golden brown.8. Mini Chicken Salad Croissants: Fill mini croissants with chicken salad and serve on a platter.9. Buffalo Chicken Dip: Serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks for a spicy appetizer.10. Shrimp Cocktail: Serve cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.11. Antipasto Skewers: Alternate olives, salami, mozzarella balls, and cherry tomatoes on skewers.12. Deviled Eggs: Make a classic deviled egg recipe and serve on a platter with a sprinkle of paprika.13. Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips: Combine diced fruit (such as strawberries, kiwi, and mango) with a splash of lime juice and serve with cinnamon-sugar coated tortilla chips.14. Pigs in a Blanket: Roll mini hot dogs in crescent roll dough and bake until golden brown. Serve with mustard or ketchup for dipping.15. Veggie Platter with Dip: Arrange a variety of raw vegetables (such as carrots, bell peppers, and broccoli) on a platter with ranch or hummus for dipping.

What are some easy appetizer ideas for an open house?

Some easy appetizer ideas for an open house could include veggie platters with dip, cheese and crackers, mini quiches, or bruschetta.

What are some healthy food options for an open house?

Some healthy food options for an open house could include fruit skewers, hummus and veggies, a salad bar, or grilled chicken skewers.

What are some unique food ideas for an open house?

Some unique food ideas for an open house could include a build-your-own taco bar, a charcuterie board, mini slider burgers, or a DIY pasta station.

Can I make food ahead of time for an open house?

Yes, many appetizers and dishes can be made ahead of time and reheated or assembled the day of the open house. This can save you time and stress on the day of the event.

What are some budget-friendly food options for an open house?

Some budget-friendly food options for an open house could include homemade dips and spreads, crostini with various toppings, a baked potato bar, or a fruit and yogurt parfait station.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
raebates
  • timbimac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies