• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fluted Stone Recipe...any Ideas??

In summary, the recipe called for ground beef, salsa, and bell pepper. The author of the recipe suggested using the Jiffy Corn Muffin mix to make it.
pamperedposey
Silver Member
Trying to help a Director friend of mine...

I am looking for a recipe that I think has cornbread in it and chili-ish or taco-ish stuff in it. It is made in the fluted stone, I think. It has been requested for a show on Sunday. Anybody have any clue what I am talking about?

I did try to find it on consultants corner, but no luck.

I bet it's Tamale Roundabout.

DebbieJ said:
I bet it's Tamale Roundabout.

Where can I find that?

pamperedposey said:
Trying to help a Director friend of mine...

I am looking for a recipe that I think has cornbread in it and chili-ish or taco-ish stuff in it. It is made in the fluted stone, I think. It has been requested for a show on Sunday. Anybody have any clue what I am talking about?

I did try to find it on consultants corner, but no luck.

Tamale Round-About
Filling
1-1/4 pounds ground beef, cooked in Gen II 10" frying pan for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 jar (16 oz) thick and chunky medium salsa
1/4 cup red or green bell pepper or combination of both, chopped

Corn Bread
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Generously spray SFP with nonstick cooking spray. For filling, place ground beef in Gen II 12" family skillet. Sprinkle with seasonings.
Stir in salsa. Cook over medium-low heat for five minutes. Meanwhile, chop bell pepper using FC; sprinkle in bottom of pan. For corn bread, combine flour,
cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Add milk, eggs, and oil; stir with Mix 'N Scraper just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Shred Cheese with Deluxe Cheese Grater. Spread 1-1/2 cups batter evenly over peppers in pan using Skinny Scraper. Top with filling and remaining batter,
spreading evenly. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Loosen corn bread from edge and center of pain with knife. Invert onto serving plate.
Slice into 16 wedges using Slice 'N Serve. Serve with sour cream if desired.

:)
pamperedposey said:
Where can I find that?

I'm not sure which cookbook it's from I just have it in my 'stoneware fluted pan' recipe document.

Oh, you all are awesome!! :balloon::D:balloon::D

pamperedposey said:
Oh, you all are awesome!! :balloon::D:balloon::D

Aw, shucks! :blushing:

Anybody know if we can make this using the Jiffy Corn Muffin mix ... I don't keep cornmeal in my house as a general rule, nor baking powder, but this looks yummy!

Jiffy would be the same as the cornbread ingredients in the recipe, since it's just a basic cornbread.

What is a fluted stone recipe?

A fluted stone recipe is a type of recipe that is specifically designed to be cooked using a fluted stone. A fluted stone is a baking dish made of stoneware that has a fluted edge, which creates a decorative crust on baked goods.

What kind of dishes can I make with a fluted stone?

A fluted stone can be used to make a variety of dishes, such as quiches, tarts, pies, and even savory dishes like casseroles and roasted vegetables. The fluted edge of the stone adds a unique touch to any dish and helps to evenly distribute heat for a perfectly cooked meal.

Do I need to season my fluted stone before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to season your fluted stone before using it for the first time. This will help to prevent food from sticking to the stone and also improve its non-stick properties over time. To season, simply rub a thin layer of oil onto the surface of the stone and bake it in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Can I use my fluted stone in the microwave?

No, fluted stones are not suitable for use in the microwave as they are made of stoneware which can crack or break under high heat. It is best to stick to using your fluted stone in the oven or on the stovetop.

How do I clean my fluted stone?

To clean your fluted stone, simply hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils on the stone as this can damage the surface. If there are stubborn stains or residue, you can soak the stone in warm water for a few minutes before washing it. Allow the stone to fully dry before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • c00p
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
c00p
  • Princessoly22