• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Cornbread Recipes to Pair with Micro. Turkey Chili Tonight?

In summary, the best type of flour to use for cornbread is a combination of all-purpose flour and cornmeal, with some recipes calling for self-rising flour. Buttermilk can be substituted with regular milk and lemon juice or vinegar, and to make cornbread less crumbly, an extra egg or mayonnaise can be added. Cornbread can also be made in a cast iron skillet for a crispy crust, and leftover cornbread should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly for up to a week in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
brittanymcginnis
I am trying out the Micro. Turkey Chili tonight and wanted to do a cornbread with it. Any good ideas? TIA!~

Here is a recipe that I just made last night...I really liked it!

It's from Cupcakes! From the Cake Doctor by Anne Byrn

Hold on...I will type it up in a word document so I can save it!

Here it is!Here is the recipe!

Attachments

• Green Chile and Corn Mini Muffins.doc
    21 KB · Views: 262
Here is mine...easy and very moist for cornbread - works great in the mini-round baker.

Cornbread Supreme:
2 lg eggs
8-oz container sour cream
8-oz can creamed corn
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix (not cornbread mix)

Preheat oven to 425. Spray dish with Pam or rub with oil. (you can butter & flour the dish, but I never have)
Whisk together first 4 ingredients until well blended. Whisk in cornmeal to incorporate, but do not over mix. Pour into baking dish, spreading evenly and bake in middle of oven for 30 minutes or until golden/browned. Cool slightly then cut and serve.

This is super easy and very good...don't tell my husband but it came from a magazine! He thinks it is "an old family recipe"! LOL

Sounds yummy Missy! Is this more of a "spoonable" bread, or does it hold it's shape when cut?

It is not spoon-able at all (unless you under cook it - LOL). It does hold shape just like other cornbread, but is really moist. You can certainly add butter, but it is not neccessary in my opinion (although DH thinks differently). I think it is perfect with chili.

1. What is the best type of flour to use for cornbread?

The most popular flour for cornbread is a combination of all-purpose flour and cornmeal. Some recipes also call for self-rising flour, which already has leavening agents mixed in.

2. Can I use a substitute for buttermilk in cornbread recipes?

Yes, you can use regular milk with a tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar as a substitute for buttermilk. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before using in the recipe.

3. How do I make my cornbread less crumbly?

To make your cornbread less crumbly, you can add an extra egg or a tablespoon of mayonnaise to the batter. You can also try using a slightly higher ratio of flour to cornmeal.

4. Can I make cornbread in a cast iron skillet?

Yes, making cornbread in a cast iron skillet is a popular method. Preheat the skillet in the oven, then pour the batter in and bake as usual. The skillet will help create a crispy crust on the cornbread.

5. How do I store leftover cornbread?

Leftover cornbread should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze cornbread for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KelleyD
  • Sandra Stidston
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • GourmetGirl