• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make delicious cornbread in a medium bar pan?

In summary, for a cheesy cornbread, combine baking mix, cornmeal, sugar, milk, eggs, cheese, and butter, then bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. For a classic cornbread, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, egg, milk, and vegetable oil, then bake for 20-25 minutes. And for a twist, try adding mashed potato flakes to your cornbread batter before baking for a unique and tasty result!
parttimepcbecky
Gold Member
I am looking for a cornbread recipe to make in the medium bar pan. My family loves cornbread and i would like to test a recipe out and them maybe do this one for a show with maple nut butter...yum.

Cheesy Cornbread
Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush inside of Stoneware Crock with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal and sugar. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk milk, eggs and remaining butter; add to dry ingredients. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Gently stir in cheese.

3. Pour batter into crock. Bake 40-45 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove crock to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Remove cornbread from crock; cool slightly. Cut into slices; serve warm.

Yield: 8 servings

aNOTHER ONE:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

ONE LAST ONE :)
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
Mix egg, milk and oil together. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cornmeal and potato flakes. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.

Enjoy

Here is a delicious and easy recipe for cornbread that can be made in the medium bar pan:Ingredients:- 1 cup yellow cornmeal- 1 cup all-purpose flour- 1/4 cup sugar- 1 tablespoon baking powder- 1 teaspoon salt- 1 cup milk- 1/4 cup vegetable oil- 1 egg- 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh, canned, or frozen)- 1/4 cup diced jalapenos (optional)Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).2. In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and egg.4. Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.5. Fold in the corn kernels and jalapenos, if using.6. Grease the medium bar pan with cooking spray or butter.7. Pour the cornbread batter into the pan and smooth out the top.8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.9. Let the cornbread cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy with maple nut butter for a delicious twist!

1. What ingredients do I need to make cornbread?

To make cornbread, you will need 1 cup of cornmeal, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of milk, 1/3 cup of melted butter, and 1 egg.

2. Can I substitute the milk with a non-dairy alternative?

Yes, you can use any non-dairy milk alternative such as almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk in place of regular milk in the cornbread recipe.

3. Can I add other ingredients to the basic cornbread recipe?

Absolutely! You can add in ingredients like shredded cheese, diced jalapenos, or crumbled bacon to give your cornbread a unique flavor. Just be sure to adjust the measurements of the other ingredients accordingly.

4. Can I use a different type of flour for the recipe?

Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend in place of all-purpose flour for a healthier or gluten-free option. However, the texture and taste of the cornbread may be slightly different.

5. How do I store leftover cornbread?

You can store leftover cornbread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the cornbread for up to 2 months. Just thaw it in the fridge before reheating in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jilleysue
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jilleysue
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Tracie