• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vegetarian, No-Bake Salad (Preferably) Demo Recipe Ideas Needed

I also like Lima Beans!eeewwww!:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: (nothing personal Mary!:D )Okay - this is actually for DivaChef Kacey if she reads this - add one more, no make that 2 more things that I don't like to my list of unliked foods - those would be Garbanzo Beans (although I LOVE Hummus!) and Lima Beans!I love Garbanzo Beans!I also like Lima Beans!
Chefstover2
OK, I'm offering 6 o'clock salad shows in June (mainly) and two of my hosts are vegetarians requesting vegetarian demos. One of them is going to be in a Curves gym.

Any great no-cook vegetarian salad recipes for demo that you'd recommend? I guess worst case scenario is that I make the Mexicali Cornbread squares and be done with it and forget that it's a salad show :) .

I'd love to hear your suggestions. I'd really like to include a good array of tools, and be interactive (I'm finally having fun with them...but that's another thread!).

Thanks in advance!

Colossal Chopped Salad!Recipe can be found by searching behind CC.

Southwestern Seven Layer Salad - just make it without the chicken. With the black beans and cheese, you have plenty of protein!

And the leftovers make great wrap sandwiches!

Attachments

• SevenLayer Southwestern Salad.doc
    70 KB · Views: 328
ChefBeckyD said:
Southwestern Seven Layer Salad - just make it without the chicken. With the black beans and cheese, you have plenty of protein!

You might want to make sure they eat cheese tho.....some vegetarians don't.

(Vegans don't eat cheese)

I recommend the new Grapefruit Avocado Salad (skip the chicken)

vwpamperedchef said:
(Vegans don't eat cheese)

I recommend the new Grapefruit Avocado Salad (skip the chicken)

just a tip with the above salad...use an orange instead~alot of people don't like grapefruit OR can't eat it because of certain medications they take.

Mmmmm. The Southwestern Salad sounds good...does it have to sit before eating or can it be served right away?

I've tried making the Avocado Grapefruit salad twice and wanted to be blown away but wasn't...not sure what I was missing but the best part for me was the Caramel Cashews!

I'll check into the Chopped Salad too! Anyone else want to chime in?

Chefstover2 said:
Mmmmm. The Southwestern Salad sounds good...does it have to sit before eating or can it be served right away?

I've tried making the Avocado Grapefruit salad twice and wanted to be blown away but wasn't...not sure what I was missing but the best part for me was the Caramel Cashews!

I'll check into the Chopped Salad too! Anyone else want to chime in?

You can eat it right away - and it is soooo good! I always offer this as a salad option for shows! Plus - without chicken, it's 4 points for WW, and with chicken, it's 5 points...so it's a good show to offer to that crowd too!

ChefBeckyD said:

OK Becky, I'm just about sold! Do you know if this will fit in the Trifle bowl? Or perhaps the Collapsible Bowl instead? Sounds like it will serve an army!

Thanks again!

Chefstover2 said:
OK Becky, I'm just about sold! Do you know if this will fit in the Trifle bowl? Or perhaps the Collapsible Bowl instead? Sounds like it will serve an army!

Thanks again!

It will fit in the Collapsible Bowl....and if you do it in the Trifle Bowl, make it double layers! (so 14 instead of 7)

It will feed a huge group - that is why I love it for shows! Oh - and sometimes I add a layer of corn too!

This is a personal favorite of mine - we eat it alot at home (except with the chicken). It was my favorite recipe from the old set of Salad recipe cards.

The Southwest Salad ...try substituing a can of rinsed garbanzo beans for the chicken. Also very yummy--I've lightly sprinkled them with the PC Southwest Seasoning.Adding the corn as suggested above is a natural :)There is soy 'sour cream' that tasts good. Speaking as one who hates the soy cheeses.

Last edited:
CookingwithMary said:
The Southwest Salad ...try substituing a can of rinsed garbanzo beans for the chicken. Also very yummy--I've lightly sprinkled them with the PC Southwest Seasoning.

Adding the corn as suggested above is a natural :)

There is soy 'sour cream' that tasts good. Speaking as one who hates the soy cheeses.

eeewwww!:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: (nothing personal Mary!:D )

Okay - this is actually for DivaChef Kacey if she reads this - add one more, no make that 2 more things that I don't like to my list of unliked foods - those would be Garbanzo Beans (although I LOVE Hummus!) and Lima Beans!

I love Garbanzo Beans!

1. What are some good vegetarian, no-bake salad options?

Some great options for vegetarian, no-bake salads include a Mediterranean quinoa salad, a black bean and corn salad, a Greek pasta salad, a caprese salad, and a chickpea and avocado salad.

2. Can you recommend a demo recipe that is both vegetarian and no-bake?

Yes, a delicious and easy demo recipe is a vegetarian taco salad. Simply mix together black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, avocado, and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Serve over a bed of lettuce and top with crushed tortilla chips and your favorite dressing.

3. Are there any no-bake salads that are also gluten-free?

Absolutely! A gluten-free and no-bake option is a quinoa and kale salad. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and let cool. In a separate bowl, massage the kale with a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice. Add the quinoa, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, and a sprinkle of feta cheese. Toss together and serve.

4. Can I make a no-bake salad ahead of time?

Yes, many no-bake salads can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. However, it's best to add any dressing or avocado right before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.

5. Do you have any suggestions for a no-bake salad that is also vegan?

One delicious vegan option is a lentil and roasted vegetable salad. Roast your choice of vegetables (such as bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant) in the oven and let cool. In a large bowl, mix together cooked lentils, the roasted vegetables, diced red onion, and a simple vinaigrette dressing. Serve over a bed of greens for a hearty and flavorful salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jessica_momof6
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg