• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fishing and Enticing for Referrals?

In summary, the speaker is currently in a sales slump and is trying to generate more leads and bookings. They had a successful show but no bookings or leads came from it. They are planning a Spring open house and have sent out invitations, but only have a few confirmations. The speaker is considering reaching out to exhausted leads for referrals and offering incentives for orders, bookings, and recruits. They also mention advice from a previous meeting to "just ask" for referrals.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I'm kind of in a slump right now! :(. I did just have a show but it was because original consultant couldn't do it. It was a great show sales wise but NO bookings or leads! :( I tried but just not the crowd to book just the crowd to come and spend!

Anyway I'm also doing a Spring open house on Monday and sent several mailed invites did a FB event and email invites so I covered everyone I'd invite one way or another. I have 1 person confirmed to be coming and 1 maybe and a few No's and several nada. I know I need to follow up with a phone call on those that I can and I will, but I need there to be people here because I want some double points and enough for a 2nd show at the very least!

Anyway original reason for my post is I have no active leads to follow up on and I am looking into some vendor/booth options to get some. I was, however, considering reaching out to those I've exhausted and ask for referrals. Has anyone ever done this? And what kind of success did you have?

I was thinking of offering something small for an order
Then for a booked show $25 to spend at the show (to make sure it happens)
And for recruit maybe $25 to use whenever once qualified?

I'm open to any thoughts ideas that may have worked for others?? Thanks! :)

What I learned at Spring Launch is "just ask." Ask for referrals. At our last meeting our Director shared a great line she's used. She calls customers to thank them for their order (from a recent show) and then she asks them "so who do you know who loves to have PC shows? or maybe it's you?" She says they usually do have a name to give her or they end up booking themselves.Couldn't hurt to try, right?

Reaching out to past customers for referrals is a great idea! Many people are more likely to trust a product or service if it comes recommended from someone they know and trust. Here are some tips for getting successful referrals:1. Offer incentives: As you mentioned, offering something small for an order, a discount for a booked show, or a reward for a recruit can be great motivators for people to refer their friends and family to you. Make sure the incentives are attractive enough to entice people to refer, but also make sure they are sustainable for your business.2. Make it easy: Make it as easy as possible for your past customers to refer you. Provide them with a referral link or card that they can easily share with their friends and family. You can also offer to send out invitations or reminders on their behalf.3. Personalize the ask: When reaching out to past customers for referrals, make sure to personalize your message. Mention their name and how much you appreciated their past business. This will make them feel valued and more likely to refer you.4. Follow up: If someone does refer you, make sure to follow up with them and thank them for their referral. This will show your appreciation and encourage them to refer you again in the future.5. Utilize social media: Social media is a great way to reach out to past customers and ask for referrals. You can create a post asking for referrals or even run a referral contest to incentivize people to refer you.6. Ask for reviews: In addition to referrals, ask your past customers to leave a review on your website or social media pages. Positive reviews can also attract new customers and lead to more referrals.Remember to always be genuine when asking for referrals and make sure to provide excellent service to your current customers. Happy customers are more likely to refer you to their friends and family! Good luck!

1. How do I approach potential customers for referrals?

The best way to approach potential customers for referrals is to first build a relationship with them. This could be through hosting a cooking demonstration or attending one of their events. Once you have established a connection, you can kindly ask if they know anyone who would benefit from our products and services.

2. Is there a specific script or technique for asking for referrals?

While there is no one-size-fits-all script for asking for referrals, there are a few key techniques that can be helpful. These include being genuine and personal, mentioning specific benefits of our products, and offering an incentive for referrals.

3. How can I make the referral process easier for my customers?

One way to make the referral process easier for your customers is to provide them with referral cards or links that they can easily share with their friends and family. You can also offer to follow up with the referred customer to make the process seamless for both parties.

4. What incentives can I offer for referrals?

You can offer various incentives for referrals such as discounts, free products, or even entry into a giveaway. It's important to ensure that the incentives are appealing and valuable to your customers to encourage them to refer others.

5. How can I track and measure the success of my referral efforts?

There are a few ways to track and measure the success of your referral efforts. One way is to ask customers how they heard about your business when they make a purchase. You can also track the number of referrals you receive and the conversion rate from referrals to customers. Additionally, using referral tracking software or tools can help streamline the process and provide data on the success of your referral program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
twinkie10
  • lindsaym
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AlowayFamily