• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Bookings: Feeling the Pressure of Friends?

In summary, my friends will think I'm being pushy when I call them for bookings because I have invited them all to my grand opening show, but then my director asked me to make 10 contacts in 2 days.
diamond78
About what my friends will think when I call them for bookings! I have invited them all to my grand opening show, but then my director asked me to make 10 contacts in 2 days - well that means calling people I already asked to my party!

Did anyone struggle with that when they first started? I don't want some of my friends-but-not-close-friends to think I'm being pesky!

I didn't because I Love the products so much. I thought of it as doing them a favor by teaching them new recipes and tips as they shop from their seats. I also gave away the host benefits with a mystery host drawing as my thank you to them for coming. They earned tickets by coming, RSVPing, bringing friends and orders, booking shows and signing on. I'm sure there are tips for your grand opening show on this site

Oh yeah - I'm doing all that already - but the girl I called tonight has already RSVP'd that she would come to my party AND then I called her to ask about booking a party. I just feel like I am being too pushy....

Although - I don't think I will have this problem when I am calling people that I really don't know...

diamond78 said:
About what my friends will think when I call them for bookings! I have invited them all to my grand opening show, but then my director asked me to make 10 contacts in 2 days - well that means calling people I already asked to my party! Did anyone struggle with that when they first started? I don't want some of my friends-but-not-close-friends to think I'm being pesky!
I've been with the company for 8 1/2 years and have had close to 500 show... and I still don't like to make those calls! I did find those first show alittle easier to book...because I was just starting out. I would ask them if they would help me get started...and then tell them EVERYTHING they could get!!! When I started we had to have our first 6 shows booked...names and dates...I contacted 6 friends and family that were all in different "circles" and asked for their help. I also had guests that couldn't make my grand opening show, book...so don't forget to ask for that when they rsvp or when you make those reminder calls.Share your excitement .... and they'll be excited too!!!:love:

I wouldn't call people who you've already spoken with about your party. At least not the ones who are planning to come. I'd try to brainstorm a new list of 100. Maybe you'll come up w/ names of people you forgot about or had assumed wouldn't be interested. Contact those people. Try to make contacts when you are out and about. The store, the post office, Dr.'s office, etc.

I might approach a friend who was coming to the party like this...."Suzy, I am so excited about starting with The Pampered Chef and am glad that you have been so supportive. I really need a friendly face in the audience since I don't know what I'm talking about. I also really need to be able to meet people outside of my circle of friends and hope that you'll be willing to host a show for me. All you have to do is invite everyone you know (hopefully a few I DON'T know) and then clean the house (isn't that the only way the house ever gets cleaned?). Then, you'll earn lots of free products that you can use for your own kitchen or as gifts. So, while your in the audience at my show, imagine me in front of your friends (list some specific people that you know of). Oh, if you want to skip my party or just come and not order, that's fine. You booking a party for me (or becoming a consultant WITH me) would be the biggest way to help me." Anticipate her resistance and say it straight up front. "I know George hates to put the kids to bed so if you want to slip away for a few minutes and do that at your show that's fine." or "Since you're saving for xxxxx, don't worry about ordering at my show. Just hold off and earn it free."Good luck.

What is the best way to approach friends about hosting a Pampered Chef party?

The best way to approach friends about hosting a party is to be genuine and honest about your intentions. Let them know that you truly believe in the products and the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free or discounted products. It's also helpful to offer to do most of the work and make it a fun and low-stress experience for them.

How do I handle friends who are hesitant to host a party?

It's important to respect your friends' decision if they are not interested in hosting a party. However, you can try to address their concerns and offer solutions that may make them more comfortable. For example, if they are worried about the cost, you can offer to combine their party with another friend's to split the cost.

What should I do if my friend cancels their party at the last minute?

It's always disappointing when a party gets cancelled, but it's important to remain professional and understanding. Offer to reschedule the party for a later date or see if another friend is interested in hosting. You can also suggest doing a virtual party if meeting in person is not possible.

How do I balance hosting parties for friends and making sales for myself?

It's important to find a balance between hosting parties for friends and making sales for yourself. One way to do this is to set a goal for each party, such as a certain number of sales or bookings. This will help you prioritize and focus on both aspects of your business.

Can I offer incentives to friends who host parties for me?

Yes, you can offer incentives to friends who host parties for you. Pampered Chef has a variety of rewards and incentives for hosts, such as free products or discounts. You can also offer personalized rewards, such as a special gift or discount for hosting multiple parties for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ValM2010