• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show Tonight! Tips for 13X9 Baker?

The parchment paper will prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan and them coming off during baking.
deliciousdiva
I am going to make the Banana split Brownie in the 13x9 baker. This will be the first time I use the baker. If I spray it with pam will it really not stick the first time? Also, What about bake time?Is see on the round stone it states 15-20 min? Do you think it will be about the same? I know I should do a trial run, but my oven broke and the part is on order!!! Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I've never done that recipe, but don't use pam, use the kitchen spritzer with oil. I've made brownies in the square baker and they come out fine.
GOOD LUCK!

I'd bake them as directed on the box. They'll be fine.

Here's a tip, though. If you have parchment paper, put a piece in the baker so that it sticks up and over the long sides, then pour in the batter. When the brownie is baked, you can lift up the parchment like a sling and pull the whole brownie up in one piece, allowing you to cut it with the pizza cutter.

If I use parchment?If I use the paper, do I still need to spray the baker? And I was planning on using Pam b/c I hate the spritzer. What would happen if I use Pam? Thanks!

Try a little vegetable oil brushed on with the silicone basting brush. That is what the new nutty caramel brownies calls for and the brownies released nicely.

even though I forgot to use the oil at my last show and they still came out fine!

Brandiwas your pan brand new/not seasoned at all? Thanks!

Honestly, I've never done anything to my stones when I've gotten them other than put the food on & nothing has ever stuck!

I think the no Pam is because it will cause a build-up on your stone.

deliciousdiva said:
If I use the paper, do I still need to spray the baker? And I was planning on using Pam b/c I hate the spritzer. What would happen if I use Pam? Thanks!
If you use the paper, you shouldn't have to spray the pan, except maybe on the short sides where there is no paper. And Pam will build up on stoneware eventually, from the propellants that are in it. If you have the Kitchen Spritzer, use that or brush on a little teeny bit of oil with the Silicone Brush (or even a paper towel).

Brownies will stick on a non-seasoned stone. (they are just like that!) I would use a little bit of oil and if you don't have the pastry brush - just rub it on with a paper towel. I wouldn't use Pam - as that can cause a sticky build-up on your stone.

Um, should have read Ann's post first - since she said the same thing I did!:rolleyes:

I have a large stoneI have a very seasoned large stone. I can follow the recipe and just make the banana split brownie like the recipe says. my fear, the paper. Does it really prevent the brownie from running off during baking?

deliciousdiva said:
I have a very seasoned large stone. I can follow the recipe and just make the banana split brownie like the recipe says. my fear, the paper. Does it really prevent the brownie from running off during baking?

It does! Works like magic. But NEVER try it w/o the parchment paper!!:eek:

1. What is the best way to prepare my 13x9 Baker for its first use?

The best way to prepare your 13x9 Baker for its first use is to wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. You can also grease the pan with cooking spray or butter to prevent sticking.

2. Can the 13x9 Baker be used in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the 13x9 Baker is oven and microwave safe. It can also be used in the freezer for storing or reheating food.

3. How do I clean my 13x9 Baker after use?

You can wash your 13x9 Baker with warm, soapy water or place it in the dishwasher. If there are any stubborn stains, you can soak the pan in hot water and dish soap before washing.

4. Can I use metal utensils with the 13x9 Baker?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the 13x9 Baker as it can scratch the non-stick coating. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils.

5. What are some recipe ideas for the 13x9 Baker?

The 13x9 Baker is great for casseroles, sheet cakes, lasagnas, and other baked dishes. You can also use it to roast vegetables or bake chicken. Check out our website for more recipe ideas!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dexheimers
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • SandiLeigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kspry
  • bsaxman