• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Successful Was My First Kitchen Show Despite Nerves?

In summary, the speaker had their first kitchen show and was very nervous, but managed to make $749.55 in sales, get 2 bookings, and possibly another. They have also reached their sales goal of $1250 with their previous catalog show. The speaker also received compliments on their performance, but made a few mistakes with the order forms and will consider using write-in forms in the future. They also mentioned possibly getting a laptop to make the ordering process easier. Other experienced speakers in the conversation also shared their advice and experiences with first shows.
kaceyleigh2
So I had my very first Kitchen Show last night!! I was so nervous and I just rambled on and I have absolutely no idea what said...I'm not sure if anyone else did either b/c it seemed like no one was listening and they'd look at my like I had lobsters coming out of my ears...but that is OK b/c I got $749.55 in sales and she still has a couple more orders to get!! I also got 2 bookings and possibly another...
So with my last catalog show and this show I've already reached my $1250 and then some!! I'm so excited ...

Great Job!!! I think that everyone gets nervous at the first show but it does get better. I remember at my first show I couldn't get the can opener to work but I just made a joke of it!!:p You got your SS1 too. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, those first shows can surprise you. I have done lots of public speaking, so I didn't think I'd be nervous. Hah! I couldn't get the utility knife out of its case, even though it came right out after the show. I also lost the ability to use any adjective except "wonderful." My shows are muuuuuch better now.Congratulations on such a great start!

well...I just entered my show into PP and I realized that I added a couple of orders wrong so my sales are down to $720.85 which I'm still very happy with! Just upset that I screwed up...but I definately decided to get the write in order forms from now on!! The itemized were sooo confusing for me AND the guests!!
Like I said she still has some outside orders to get and my mom has a catalog show so I will definately get my bonus...
Oh and I haven't even counted how much stoneware I've sold...

Kacey, no matter which forms you use, try having the guests call out the numbers to you if you take your PP with you. That helps me. Way to go on your show!

you go girl!

congrats- that is sooo awesome - by the way.... I still get nervous - I think it shows you really care about what your doing and want to do it right!!!!

congrats again!

lisacb77 said:
Kacey, no matter which forms you use, try having the guests call out the numbers to you if you take your PP with you. That helps me. Way to go on your show!

I don't have a laptop to bring with me to shows but I'm looking into it! I think that will make everything so much easier!

kaceyleigh2 said:
I just entered my show into PP and I realized that I added a couple of orders wrong so my sales are down to $720.85 which I'm still very happy with! Just upset that I screwed up...but I definately decided to get the write in order forms from now on!! The itemized were sooo confusing for me AND the guests!!
Like I said she still has some outside orders to get and my mom has a catalog show so I will definately get my bonus...
Oh and I haven't even counted how much stoneware I've sold...

Yes, the itemized forms can be confusing. When they bring up there orders I go over each one and highlight each item they want plus it makes it a lot easier when putting them in PP. Just be careful with the write in order forms because sometimes the guest writes in the wrong price.

Fantastic 1st show. I am so glad I have a laptop as it helps me make sure I've got everything added right and I feel more confident. But it is a big expense so make sure you can afford it.

letscook04 said:
Yes, the itemized forms can be confusing. When they bring up there orders I go over each one and highlight each item they want plus it makes it a lot easier when putting them in PP. Just be careful with the write in order forms because sometimes the guest writes in the wrong price.

That's a GREAT idea! I will defdinately have to try that next time! I'm terrible at math even with a calculator! And I feel like I have to add it several times in order to feel confident that it's right so I think I am definately going to look into getting a laptop for the confidence factor! Maybe after Christmas...

Great job ion your show, I felt like that the first time I did my first show.... I have done 13 shows so far and sometimes I feel like I have rambled on that I have no idea what I have said either!!

kaceyleigh2 said:
That's a GREAT idea! I will defdinately have to try that next time! I'm terrible at math even with a calculator! And I feel like I have to add it several times in order to feel confident that it's right so I think I am definately going to look into getting a laptop for the confidence factor! Maybe after Christmas...
LOL! That's me too! I hate the pressure when someone is standing there waiting for their total. I am usually answering someone else's question too, so I have to add it up three times because I keep getting different answers!

1. What are some tips for increasing sales at my first kitchen show?

Some tips for increasing sales at your first kitchen show include: offering special discounts or promotions, creating an inviting and visually appealing display, providing samples and demonstrations of products, and actively engaging with guests to showcase the benefits of the products.

2. How can I secure future bookings at my first kitchen show?

To secure future bookings at your first kitchen show, make sure to mention the benefits of hosting a party and offer incentives for booking on the spot. Encourage guests to share the experience with their friends and family, and provide them with a way to easily book their own party.

3. How can I overcome nerves during my first kitchen show?

To overcome nerves during your first kitchen show, practice your demonstration beforehand and familiarize yourself with the products. Remind yourself that mistakes are okay and that you are there to have fun and share your passion for the products. Take deep breaths and remember to smile and engage with the guests.

4. What should I do if I don't make many sales at my first kitchen show?

If you don't make many sales at your first kitchen show, don't get discouraged. Use it as a learning experience and reflect on what you could have done differently. Reach out to your host and guests for feedback on how you can improve for future shows. Remember that success takes time and effort, and each show is an opportunity to grow and improve.

5. How can I make my first kitchen show a success?

To make your first kitchen show a success, it's important to prepare beforehand by practicing your demonstration, setting goals, and creating an inviting atmosphere. During the show, be enthusiastic and engaging, offer incentives for bookings and purchases, and follow up with guests after the show to thank them and offer any additional support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dessertMama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • katsev
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • cttdbreeves