• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Cook Show Success: Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Perfect Open House

well... easier! Well, last night was my first cook show! It was basically just an Open House... enough to let me get my jitters out! I invited my Pokeno group because it is a group of girls that I am comfortable around. I made the Garden Dip during the show. I already had the Chicken Enchilada Ring and Chocolate CHip sensation already prepared. Everything went well... I played pass the product to help me figure out what I still need to learn!! :) The sales weren't very high (around $150.) I think that was because most people had never gone to a PC show and they also thought it was just an
pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS
Well, last night was my first cook show! It was basically just an Open House... enough to let me get my jitters out! I invited my Pokeno group because it is a group of girls that I am comfortable around. I made the Garden Dip during the show. I already had the Chicken Enchilada Ring and Chocolate CHip sensation already prepared.

Everything went well... I played pass the product to help me figure out what I still need to learn!! :)

The sales weren't very high (around $150.) I think that was because most people had never gone to a PC show and they also thought it was just an Open House for me to get comfortable (which it was.) I still have some outside orders to get too...

GOOD NEWS--- I got 5 bookings!!! Better yet... all of the bookings are from different circles of people, so it wont be the same people at each cook show!!! YEA!!

Way to go! That's exactly what it takes to build a successful business.

Congrats!!! The bookings are one of the best things for your business, because that will lead to more sales, and a larger customer base since it will be different circles of people!! :)

AWESOME!!!! You are sure to have a fantastic start with all those bookings!

Way to go on getting your first show under your belt!! And congratulations on so many bookings - that's awesome!! :D

YEA!! I was kind of nervous when people weren't really ordering alot, but I guess it will all turn out. Also... most of the girls there last night were recently married, so they still have lots of 'new' things... and most of them aren't really into cooking. But, they are all about hosting a party and inviting their families and in-laws...

I felt so slow last night when I was totalling people up!! Is that normal?? Will speed come with time?? Please say yes!!! :)

pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS said:
I felt so slow last night when I was totalling people up!! Is that normal?? Will speed come with time?? Please say yes!!! :)

Yes it will! You will become more familiar with the receipts, taxes, shipping, etc! If you feel like you are being rushed because they are standing over your shoulder, then start asking them to drop them off on the chair next to you, and then you do them at your pace, and they can go back and chat with their friends! Also, you can ask people to bring them up as they are ready...so that you don't get them all at once!

You'll get a bit faster at the actual figuring of the orders. However, I like to take a few minutes with each guest. It's the only real opportunity to talk one-on-one with them about their order, hosting, and the business opportunity.

5 bookings??!!??

wowza!!!!!!

Great ideas!!! Thanks so much!! Here is what my calendar looks like so far... I think I am on the right track...

February-- 3 cookshows and 2 catalog shows
March-- 5 cookshows and 0 catalog
April-- 1 cookshow and 1 catalog

I just don't want it to be really strong and then dwindle out... I have a good friend who works for another direct selling company... and her sales were really, really good to begin with and now they aren't to hot. I think that is because she hasn't really networked her business... She has only gone as far as her close group of family and friends. I don't know???

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
5 bookings??!!??

wowza!!!!!!

Ya!!! I was really excited!! Only one of them is in February though.. all of the rest are for March!! One good thing... It will help me get my super starters!!!

Wow - congrats! I wouldn't balk at the $150 in sales when you have 5 bookings, that will draw more!

On the newlyweds that don't like to cook...don't let that deter you...get them hooked. Pick out a recipe that is EASY to make, and tastes good. Show them how having PC tools in your kitchen can make it "quick and easy" and get you on to other things. Show them how most things can clean up VERY easy - like the chopper - speeds things up then opens fully for cleaning.

Good luck - I hope I will be sharing a good first soon too!

Ya... that was the aspect I took last night... EASY, SIMPLE, and YUMMY!!! They all were impressed 1- at how easy it was and 2-at how little time it took!!!

Congratulations! I started selling PC 7 months after I got married, and I have gotten rid of most of my kitchen items that I received for my wedding because PC items are so much better! If they haven't come to shows before, then they just don't know how great PC is. Keep on them and ask them about their products they did buy. Provide them with other uses for those items and before you know it, they'll be hooked!:)

I found that the products they did buy... were the ones that I had with me... the ones in the 'old' starter kit'

I just need to build up my stuff, so i have more to demo with and show off!!

show off the simple additions to your friends who don't cook but are all about having parties. If they like to entertain then they will love our pieces. I can't tell you how many non-pc parties I have been to where there are Simple additions serving pieces! If you don't have them yet show them in the catty...I think they show well in the catty.

What are the benefits of hosting a First Cook Show?

Hosting a First Cook Show is a great way to introduce your friends and family to Pampered Chef products and earn free and discounted products for yourself. It's also a fun and interactive way to learn new recipes and cooking techniques.

How can I prepare for a successful First Cook Show?

To ensure a successful First Cook Show, be sure to invite at least 10-12 guests, provide light refreshments, and have all of your Pampered Chef products and materials ready. You can also promote your show through social media and by personally inviting guests.

What are some tips for engaging guests at a First Cook Show?

Make sure to involve your guests in the cooking process by asking for volunteers and encouraging them to try out the products themselves. You can also play games and offer prizes to keep your guests entertained and engaged throughout the show.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when hosting a First Cook Show?

One common mistake is not having enough products on hand for guests to try out. Make sure to have multiple sets of popular items available for guests to use. It's also important to not be too sales-focused and instead focus on creating a fun and informative experience for your guests.

What are some follow-up tips after hosting a First Cook Show?

After the show, be sure to follow up with your guests by thanking them for attending and providing them with any additional information or resources they may need. You can also offer to host another show for them or help them with any orders they may want to place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• southernmommie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • racaotto
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kristyjab