• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success at Big Shows: Tips and Tricks for Hosted House Events

In summary, the expert recommends preparing a short demo or do hands on show, having guests involved, and having tickets or cards for those who help.
jennytodd
I have a big show(21 or more) at a host's house this week...from past experience, there is so much talking(makes it loud, hard for me to talk) and everyone is coming/going that I struggle to get bookings/leads and sometimes even sales....what are some things I can do to be prepared? A sheet to pass out w/ specials in case they miss hearing them? anything?!

Make the demo really short. Start by introducing yourself and give a short talk about whatever you want them to hear. Then the short demo or do hands on show, then do the drawing. If they talk a lot they're having fun. Ask them questions to keep it on PC or if they ARE talking PC then let them. That sells more anyway. You could ask your host to help keep things on track too.

I want to first say, I can be VERY loud. Most of my hosts know this. When the host tells me that most of the guests are there and it is okay to start the show, I raise my voice and get everyones' attention. I then warn them that I talk too much and am known to ramble so if I do, interrupt. I then tell them if it is for something else it better be a PC question, if it isn't I call them forward and they get to help with the demo. I then warn them that might happen anyway. It makes it a fun, sort of, joke and takes the pressure off me and puts it on them :)

Get the guests involved. Don't ask if anybody wants to help, but hand someone the food chopper and have them use it. I give out tickets or cards to anybody who "helps" me in the demo. When someone is looking for a product whoever finds it first gets a ticket. If they chime in on a product they love they get a ticket and so forth.

Last edited:
Awesome advice, thanks everyone!

1. How can I make my big shows more successful?

One way to make your big shows more successful is to focus on building relationships with your guests. Make sure to engage with them, ask them questions, and listen to their needs. Additionally, offering special deals or promotions during the show can help increase sales.

2. What should I do if I have a difficult guest at my big show?

If you encounter a difficult guest at your big show, it's important to remain calm and professional. Try to address their concerns and find a solution that works for both of you. If necessary, you can also reach out to your team leader or company for support.

3. How can I keep my guests engaged during the big show?

One way to keep your guests engaged during the big show is to incorporate interactive elements, such as games or demonstrations, into your presentation. Additionally, make sure to vary your products and keep the show moving at a good pace to maintain interest.

4. What should I do if I am not meeting my sales goals at big shows?

If you are not meeting your sales goals at big shows, it's important to evaluate your approach and make changes as needed. This could include trying new products, adjusting your presentation, or seeking advice from your team leader or colleagues.

5. How can I follow up with guests after a big show?

Following up with guests after a big show is a crucial step in maintaining relationships and future sales. You can reach out via phone, email, or social media to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or information they may need. You can also consider sending a personalized thank you note or offering a special discount for their next purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristyjab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • PChefPEI