• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Holiday Open House: Tips and Advice

In summary, the speaker is considering hosting an Open House/Grand Opening/Holiday Cooking Show at their new home on December 13. They have heard that Open House experiences during the holidays can be unsuccessful, but they are hoping to gain some invitees from upcoming parties and family members. The speaker is seeking advice on whether it is a good idea to have an Open House so close to the holidays and also mentions handing out contact information to neighbors during Halloween. Another person shares their positive experience with hosting a demo at their Open House last year, which resulted in a $1,700 show and additional bookings. They suggest doing it before the Christmas shipping deadline and also sending out a holiday-themed email to generate more bookings. They are considering hosting another Open
kristyjab
Hello Everyone. I was thinking of having an Open House/Grand Opening/Holiday Cooking Show w Power cooking w Chicken, December 13 at my new home. On these threads it seems like everyone's Open House experiences around the holidays have not been that great. I have 3 upcoming parties in the area I am moving to so I am hoping to snag a couple of invitees there and ofcourse some of my family will most likely come.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had a postive Open House experience that close around the holidays. I can not solicit in my neighborhood and I have only met one of one of my neighbors. I have the trick r treat bags for the kids with my contact info on them that I am handing out for Halloween.

Any past experience advice is appreciated.

I personally would not do it that late into December. I also have never done a demo at mine (this will be the third year row) and people have commented on how lovely it was. It gives it a more personal connection which, I feel, solidifies the relationship.

I did an Open House last year and it was a $1,700 Show. I handed out invitations for the Open House/Mystery Host AND FOLLOWED UP WITH PHONE CALLS a few days before. I ran it on a Sunday afternoon RIGHT before the CHristmas Shipping Deadline (It was around the 9th of December for Alberta, Canada). I demoed a pizza, I think. I had a few extra prizes laying around that I raffled off to people in attendance.

I also had emailed out the 12 days of Christmas in the beginning of December - and got 3 quick catty shows out of it.

I am thinking of doing it again - but at the end of November instead (for SAT).

Just know ahead of time, that Open House/Clinics can be hit and miss. So even if it doesn't go over well - doesn't mean you did anything wrong.

1. How far in advance should I start planning my holiday open house?

It's best to start planning your holiday open house at least 4-6 weeks in advance. This will allow you enough time to send out invitations, prepare your menu, and make any necessary decorations or purchases.

2. How many guests should I invite to my holiday open house?

The number of guests you invite will depend on the size of your home and your personal preference. However, a good rule of thumb is to invite 10-15% more guests than you can comfortably accommodate.

3. What type of food should I serve at my holiday open house?

It's always a good idea to have a mix of sweet and savory options for your guests. Some popular holiday open house food ideas include finger foods such as mini sandwiches, cheese and crackers, and holiday-themed desserts.

4. Do I need to provide entertainment for my holiday open house?

It's not necessary to have formal entertainment at your holiday open house, but you may want to have some background music playing or a simple game or activity for guests to participate in if they choose.

5. How can I make my holiday open house more festive?

There are many ways to make your holiday open house more festive. You can decorate with holiday-themed decorations, play festive music, and offer holiday-themed food and drinks. You can also encourage guests to dress in festive attire or have a white elephant gift exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
  • jennytodd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies