• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holiday Open House Flop - What's Next?

In summary, It sounds like your event didn't go well. Maybe you could try doing some follow up to see if you can get more sales.
ChefMary412
So, I had an event. it was a holiday open house. There were 16 other vendors, mostly craft things, fresh honey, a jewelry consultant, and such. Well, it was clear that people were to buy that night from me. Well, it was a total flop. Two orders all night... and it was two friends that bought the small batter bowl to make the batter bowl mix. I did get a bunch of leads, but I was really hoping to boost my sales for the 1500 level.
I am feeling kind of bummed. Next time would anyone recommend having some cash and carry? Maybe batter bowl mixes ready? Or spices ready to sell?

Re: bummedThat's too bad. I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned. Hopefully, your contacts will pan out.

Re: bummedDitto what JAE said!
Call all of them.

Re: bummedI had a last minute multi-vendor event opp that opened up to me on Thurs. I took it for the same reason, boost my SAT sales. We had a total of 4-5 people walk through the door. None bought from me (mostly bought from the host who sold candles). Total waste of my Saturday----oh well, you win some, you lose some! At least I bought a super-cute pirate apron for my son!

Re: bummedHonestly for me, vendor events have been really poor! I've tried 4-5 of them in the last two years. No matter how many vendors are there or how many invites we sent out, nothing really much panned out! Not to be negative but don't rely on these things to be big money makers. Like the other gals said, follow up with the leads, that's where your business will come from.

Re: bummedCash and carry is really hard. You never know what people are going to want. My luck has always been whatever I had, they wanted something else. I had quikut knives, citrus peelers, mini spatulas, SBs, pan scrapers, batter bowl mixes and some skinny scrapers and they were looking for garlic presses, food choppers and stoneware. Didn't want to wait and order though. Happened to me three times. One time I did have one garlic press, one food chopper and two mini bakers along with the small things and they wanted something else!

Re: bummedYeah I am not going to loose sleep over it. I did not waste too much money. I only had to donate 10% of my profits. I thought giving $2 was tacky so I gave $10. Now I know. Live and learn.

Re: bummedI never count on these to make me money in sales. These events are all about the follow up. I had one the other day that had zero sales. But I booked 2 shows and had a bunch of maybes so I'm happy!!

1. How can I salvage a holiday open house that didn't go as well as I had hoped?

There are a few steps you can take to turn a holiday open house flop into a success. First, evaluate what went wrong and make note of any areas that need improvement. Next, consider offering a special discount or promotion to entice guests to come back for another event. You could also reach out to guests who attended and ask for their feedback to improve future events. Finally, consider hosting a smaller, more intimate gathering with close friends and family to make the most of the remaining holiday season.

2. I didn't have a lot of attendees at my holiday open house. How can I attract more guests next time?

To attract more guests to your holiday open house, consider promoting it through various channels such as social media, email marketing, and word of mouth. You could also collaborate with other local businesses to cross-promote each other's events. Offering a special incentive or prize for those who RSVP and attend can also help to boost attendance.

3. My sales were low at my holiday open house. How can I increase sales at my next event?

There are a few ways to increase sales at your holiday open house. First, make sure you have a variety of products on display and offer special discounts or promotions. You could also consider hosting a cooking demonstration or offering samples to entice guests to make a purchase. Additionally, make sure to have order forms and catalogues available for guests to browse and place orders if they don't make a purchase at the event.

4. I'm feeling discouraged after my holiday open house didn't go well. How can I stay motivated for future events?

It's normal to feel discouraged after an event doesn't go as planned. To stay motivated for future events, focus on the positive aspects of the event and what you can learn from it. Take note of any feedback or suggestions from guests and use that to improve future events. Remember that even the most successful events have their challenges, and each event is an opportunity to learn and grow.

5. I'm not sure if I should host another holiday open house next year. How can I decide if it's worth it?

When deciding if it's worth hosting another holiday open house, consider the overall success of the event, including sales and attendee feedback. Look at the event as a whole and see if there were any specific areas that could be improved upon. If you believe you can make improvements and have a better turnout and sales at the next event, then it may be worth hosting another holiday open house. However, if the event was a significant financial or time investment with minimal return, it may be best to try a different approach for next year's holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
Replies
Views
PamperedGinger
  • Kandio
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire