• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding July: Taking Books Around Town and Leaving Them

In summary, Stephanie is trying to get more bookings for her upcoming show, but is having difficulty getting past the initial hurdle. She has tried different methods of promotion, but so far has not had much success. She advises others to keep trying and not to give up.
PCSarahjm
I am trying to get a few more July. No luck I have called and called...still nothing. So my thought is to take books around town and leave them(hair salons, Dr office, dentist, and so on). If I collect enough orders maybe I will have a show. Has anyone done this and what is the outcome? Any suggestions

Haven't tried it, but always plan to. I "plan" to bring a recipe that I'm trying out and talk to the receptionist (or someone I know there). I'll tell her I would love opinions when I come back in a few days and leave a catalog letting her know that she'll get something free if she collects orders. I've been thinking of doing this for a month or so. Let's see if I actually do it!

PCSarahjm said:
I am trying to get a few more July. No luck I have called and called...still nothing. So my thought is to take books around town and leave them(hair salons, Dr office, dentist, and so on). If I collect enough orders maybe I will have a show. Has anyone done this and what is the outcome? Any suggestions

I always say I am going to leave some at the salon, Dr's. Dentists, etc. Have yet to do so. I'm thinking of leaving some at the laundromat (everybody needs clean clothes:p )

I did door hangers at a few new subdivisions around with a booking incentive, if they book in July, I will give them the salad spinner for free. "Host Special" It would cost me $20. I distributed 50 catalogs and have not had one response. I also mailed 100 flyers with the same incentive. No takers yet. I have made calls and I can not get anyone to call me back. I never seem to get bookings outside of my shows. June and July have been very slim.

I am having poor success myself with June and July. Just keep trying, and don't give up!!! Never give up, every call you make is one more closer to a show or even a possible recruit!!

Don't give up!! The more you put into your business, the more that will come back around to you.

stephanie

Host your own show... invite past host, and customers that repeatedly order from you........ Call past host as well .. offer incentives for hosting a show!! Hope that helps

I here you! I went from 4 shows in July to 2. Hopefully these won't cancel or reschedule. I went around 2 HUGE neighborhoods and pinned flyers with a coupon on their mailboxes didn't hear anything. I have left a catalog at a hair salon, and drs office didn't hear anything. I am going to order a bunch of mini catalogs and lay those on the ground next to mailboxes and see if I get something from that. I have a friend who sells Avon and she did that and she had 2 people call her and order. Plus I am going to get the wedding registry brouchures and leave them at florists around town and hopefully will get something from that. Don't give up!!

What is "Finding July: Taking Books Around Town and Leaving Them"?

"Finding July" is a community initiative where people can leave books in public places for others to find and enjoy. It encourages reading and sharing books with others in the community.

How does "Finding July" work?

Anyone can participate in "Finding July" by selecting a book, writing a note inside the cover explaining the initiative, and leaving the book in a public place for someone else to find. Once the book is found, the new reader can keep it, pass it along, or leave it for someone else to find.

Where can I find books for "Finding July"?

You can find books for "Finding July" at local bookstores, libraries, or even your own personal collection. You can also ask friends and family to donate books for the cause.

Do I have to pay to participate in "Finding July"?

No, "Finding July" is completely free. It is a community-based initiative that relies on the generosity and love for books from participants.

What is the goal of "Finding July"?

The goal of "Finding July" is to promote literacy, encourage reading, and foster a sense of community by sharing books with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jmioni
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Candice
  • Rhonda-Roo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • noradawn