• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm so Tired of Leaving Messages...

In summary, the conversation revolved around the frustration of not being able to connect with potential hosts and the feeling of being ignored or not getting a response. Tammy's teleseminar was mentioned, which discussed the feeling of indignation when people don't respond to messages. Suggestions were made to try and get bookings at shows and to do quick host coaching, but the main issue was the lack of response from potential hosts. Different strategies were discussed to try and get a response, such as giving a deadline or asking for a confirmation. The conversation ended with the agreement that it can be frustrating when people don't respond, but it's important to keep trying and not give up on potential hosts.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I'm sorry of bringing up this topic once more, as I know we've discussed it on other threads, and there have been many helpful comments and suggestions, and Tammy Stanley's teleseminar deals with this topic, but I just need to vent - so I apologize in advance!
I'm just so tired and discouraged of never being able to connect with people (plus pregnancy hormones are all of sudden bringing me down, too, I think!).
I have one potential hostess who I managed to connect with once, and we picked 2 possible dates that she was going to check on, one of which is already past, the other is a week from Saturday, and I haven't been able to get a hold of her since. I'm ready to give up on this one...
Another one says she really does want a May show, but the only way I can connect with her is by stopping in at her work... which I guess I'll have to do again, because I do think this show will be worth doing.
Then I had a catalog show on the go. The lady called me the day we had planned on closing to ask if she could have another week. So I called her one week later (this Monday), and again have left messages but haven't heard from her again. I'm ready to give up on this one too...

Tammy talked in her seminar about the feeling of 'indignation' that we feel when we keep leaving messages for people who don't respond. I feel that very strongly and am not sure how to change my attitude. I'm just ready to give up on the phone, period.

I'm definitely ready to rethink how I do business... I liked the suggestions in a previous thread about making sure to get bookings on the calendar at a show, and trying to do as much quick host coaching as possible right away right there. But first I have to have a show to be able to try that out at! Right now I have nothing that I would consider confirmed.

I just honestly feel like giving up on all these people... I know this is a bad attitude, but right now I feel that if they really want to have a show, I need to see a little bit of return effort. Otherwise... I just can't keep up this business.

Sorry for the rant... I've never been quite so negative, but today I've just been feeling totally overwhelmed... :cry:

It will all work out Lorraine! I had my first host cancel on me...(only been doing this 2 months now) and I was super sad, but it turns out that she is a transplant patient and got very sick....knocked her out of commision for over a month - but guess what...she just scheduled her show for June 3rd!!!! So just press on! Keep trying! They will come through for you!!!!
~Abigail

I definitely understand your frustration. When people don't return my messages in those situations I add the following to my message:

If you've decided against doing a party at this time, that's just fine. However, I don't want to assume that. I promise you there will be no hard feelings if that's what you've decided. I just need to hear it from you. You can call or text me at ___________ or email me at ________________. I look forward to hearing from you either way.
For a lot of people the call they think will disappoint someone is too hard to make. The hosts who've changed their minds usually email me.

I definitely understand your frustration. When people don't return my messages in those situations I add the following to my message:

If you've decided against doing a party at this time, that's just fine. However, I don't want to assume that. I promise you there will be no hard feelings if that's what you've decided. I just need to hear it from you. You can call or text me at ___________ or email me at ________________. I look forward to hearing from you either way.

For a lot of people the call they think will disappoint someone is too hard to make. The hosts who've changed their minds usually email me.

Oh, I TOTALLY feel your frustration! My time on the phone is VERY LIMITED and I don't feel like I have a lot of time. When I do leave messages, it's hard to say when I'm going to be available! So they should be available on MY timetable, right?I too wish they would be woman enough to admit they changed their mind!

I agree with Rae. I leave a message that says 'life happens and we sometimes need to change our plans'. I ask her to call me back asap and that if I don't hear from her in 48 hrs, then I assume the show is still going ahead as planned and that instead of making a recipe I will demo the tools using the veggies she has on hand when I show up on her door step. Works every time for me and in 12 yrs (736 shows), I have only had 2 show cancel to become catalogue shows instead. Everyone agrees that life can get in the way of plans and we need to work around the problem.

Wow, Cathy, I like that ;) I ususally leave a message like Rae's, but just may change my wording!

Cathy pclady said:
I agree with Rae. I leave a message that says 'life happens and we sometimes need to change our plans'. I ask her to call me back asap and that if I don't hear from her in 48 hrs, then I assume the show is still going ahead as planned and that instead of making a recipe I will demo the tools using the veggies she has on hand when I show up on her door step. Works every time for me and in 12 yrs (736 shows), I have only had 2 show cancel to become catalogue shows instead. Everyone agrees that life can get in the way of plans and we need to work around the problem.

I add to that at the end with "I hope you have a Pampered day!"

I know I will be 'borrowing' this! Pampered day, pampered evening, Pampered weekend!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!! I started feeling better just having written all of that down - funny how getting our feelings onto paper (or computer) can help release that resentment!
And then as a bonus, I went for lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in a long while, who just had a baby, and as part of the new mom gift I gave her a mini-whipper, and she took it out and said "I really want to have a PC show"! She's very excited, and so am I, as this will help get my June started on a good note!
The one host I did finally talk to on the phone, and she's having trouble nailing down a date, as her husband works out of town. We'll keep working on this one...
The other - I stopped in at her work, and she felt so bad for not getting back to me, but she wants to co-host with her daughter, who has a crazy schedule and works some nights, but she did want to do it in May... days are slowing running out in May! We'll see...
The catalog show host I'm considering MIA... I'll probably let it go.
In the end, I'm learning that I need to respect the fact that everyone else has busy lives and circumstances that come up that push PC down to the bottom of the list. It's not that they don't like me, or don't want to hear from me, but it's just difficult to make it work, and I need to have more patience!Thanks so much for your word suggestions Rae, I'm definitely using those now! I would feel good getting that message, so I know hosts would as well...

Boy these feelings are so normal!! And they will hit more in the next few months. In September, October and November they beat your door down...but once the kids start getting out of school, people mentally can go on vacation as well!!!

I am so stealing Rae's message!!! I too have a VERY hard time understanding why people think my feelings will be hurt. Just want to know who the consultant was that ever crabbed at them for letting them know early!!! I lavish praise on those that have the curtousy of letting me know ahead of time.

Don't give up on the phone because you WILL get the answer yes just as you did today. It does sound like you do know that the host will never call you back and it is our job to try to connect with them. Hang in there and it will all come together!

I heard Nancy Jo say on one of her
conference calls listed on her website about fundraisers; that if you leave a message on your CCC's to get those future bookings, she said when leaving a message "hey ____ this is Nancy Jo with the pampered chef and I jay had a quick question for you regarding your order. Please call me back at your phone number." I did this with mine and the calls with trying to get bookings & everyone has called me back because they think something is wrong with their product. Maybe it will help. :)

But what do you actually say, if it's not really a questions about the order?

TheFreddiesCook said:
But what do you actually say, if it's not really a questions about the order?

yes, i'm interested to hear also...

I have felt the same way for a long time now. It seems like I have been leaving the messages for the same people over and over again. Eventually I do give up and move on. Right now I have nothing on my calendar. I like Rae's wording and may try that.

Someone on another thread wrote that sometimes the most successful parties are the ones that have taken months to nail down... I take heart from that and keep trying!
I have finally gotten 2 parties booked that I've been leaving messages for!! Yay!
And my catalog show host that was MIA did finally call back... it was unfortunately just a large order that fell about $40 short of being a show, but I had another order to add, so all was good (and I just kept the minimal host benefits for myself).Brenda - have you tried the Pamper a Business strategy? I haven't had a lot of success with it, but one of the parties I've booked now is from a business pampering that I did last August (see... it takes a lllooonnngggg time!)

1. Why do I keep getting voicemail when I call potential customers?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that it can be frustrating to constantly reach voicemail when trying to connect with potential customers. There could be a variety of reasons for this, such as busy schedules or people not answering calls from unknown numbers. The best way to increase your chances of getting through to someone is to leave a clear and concise message that highlights the benefits of our products and includes a call to action.

2. How can I make my voicemail messages more effective?

The key to leaving effective voicemail messages is to keep them short and to the point. Start by introducing yourself and your company, then mention a specific product that you think would benefit the customer. Be sure to include a call to action, such as asking them to call you back or directing them to your website for more information. It's also helpful to practice your message beforehand and speak confidently and clearly.

3. Is it better to leave voicemail messages or keep calling until I reach someone?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and the response you're getting from potential customers. Some people may prefer to keep calling until they reach someone, while others may find it more effective to leave a voicemail and move on to the next call. It's important to find a balance and not waste too much time on one potential customer.

4. How can I track my voicemail messages and follow up with customers?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of tools and resources to help you track your voicemail messages and follow up with customers. You can use our customer relationship management system to record notes about each call and set reminders for follow-up calls. You can also use our online portal to access customer contact information and track their purchases and interactions with your messages.

5. What should I do if a customer never responds to my voicemail messages?

If you've left multiple voicemail messages for a potential customer and they still haven't responded, it may be time to move on to other potential customers. You can also try reaching out through other channels, such as email or social media, to see if they are more responsive there. It's important to not take it personally and continue to focus on reaching out to new leads.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Suzy Englert