• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Conference Address & Plan Your Stay in AK - First Time Attendee Tips"

The #151 bus will take you right to McCormick Center. The free tourist trolley is also a good option if it's full.
jrw3
This is my first time to conference and I am trying to figure out how far things are for each other. I can not find an address of where the conference is. I am also traveling from AK so I am staying an extra day to check out the area and I am not sure what to do yet, maybe some of you have ideas?

The actual conference events (most of them) are at McCormick Center. I don't have an address for it, but a Chicago Tourism site would.You can also get addresses for the hotels (Chicago Hilton, Sheraton, Palmer House Hilton) on the web. If you're at any of those hotels, you'll be near Michigan Avenue and it's great shopping! Luckily, we don't usually need to get ourselves around town that much- PC has buses that take us to and from the hotels to the McCormick Center.

Here it is.
McCormick Place • 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive • Chicago, Illinois 60616
Phone:312-791-7000 • Fax:312-791-6543

Thanks, Jane. I was too lazy earlier to look it up. :rolleyes: Well, and I was supposed to be getting ready for work instead of hanging out here.

There is so much to do in Chicago, you would need a month probably to do it all:) The past couple years my cluster has done some different things. 2 yrs ago we did shopping along the magnificent mile (Michigan Ave--walking distance from the Sheraton for sure, not sure about other hotels). The Navy Pier is also really close to the Sheraton-that's a fun place too. Last year we did the Sears Tower which was fun, also the Shedd Aquarium which was awesome-got to see a dolphin show! Those are both not close; you have to take a taxi. So much to do.....so little time:)

The aquarium and Field Museum are both within walking distance of the Chicago Hilton. Shopping is a long walk from there, but doable. My cluster usually walks from the Hilton to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch/dinner, orders cheesecake to go, then walks back. We figure it's a way to preemptively work off the cheesecake. :)

The Hilton to the Cheesecake Factory?!?! Now THAT's a walk!

It's about 3 miles or so. Definitely a work out, especially in the heat.

Great way to work off that cheesecake, though ;)

Thanks for the address and the extra tips. I sounds like you can't go wrong with shopping, oh and not to forget the cheese cake. I also found that there is an American Girl store there. My girls love there dolls so I might have to see how far it is. Again thanks for you help.

American girl is pretty close to Cheesecake factory - right in the middle of the Michigan Ave shopping area.

Of course you will want a traditional Chicago Deep Dish Pizza from Giordano's and then a Chicago hot dog - not sure where to get those!

Mmm....Chicago hot dogs. I made them on Father's Day.

Gold Coast Dogs is good and has locations in the city.

For $2 eachYou can hop on the # 151 bus. It stops across from the Hilton and goes right up MM.

There's also a free tourist trolley that goes from the Hilton area up to Mag Mile. It's frequently full, so it's good to have a backup plan.

Related to Find Conference Address & Plan Your Stay in AK - First Time Attendee Tips"

1. How do I find the conference address for the event in AK?

To find the conference address, you can visit the event website or contact the event organizers. They will provide you with the specific address of the conference location. You can also use online mapping tools to get directions to the address.

2. Can you help me plan my stay in AK for the conference?

Yes, we can assist you in planning your stay in AK for the conference. We recommend booking your accommodations as early as possible to ensure availability and the best rates. You can also check the event website for recommended hotels or reach out to the event organizers for suggestions.

3. What are some tips for first-time attendees to the conference in AK?

Some tips for first-time attendees include arriving early to the conference to get familiar with the location and schedule, networking with other attendees, attending workshops and sessions that interest you, and taking breaks to rest and recharge. It's also helpful to review the conference agenda beforehand to plan your time effectively.

4. Are there any discounts available for accommodations during the conference in AK?

We recommend checking with the event organizers for any available discounts on accommodations for the conference. You can also do your own research and compare prices from different hotels to find the best deal. Some hotels may offer special rates for conference attendees.

5. Will transportation be provided to and from the conference in AK?

Transportation to and from the conference is typically not provided. However, some events may offer shuttle services from designated hotels. It's best to check with the event organizers or the hotel you are staying at for more information. You can also use ride-sharing services or public transportation to get to the conference location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies