• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fess Up! How Many Purses Do You Own?

In summary, the conversation is mainly about the participants' obsession with purses and shoes. They discuss how many they have, how often they buy new ones, and their different styles and uses for purses. Some have a large collection while others only have a few. The conversation also includes some jokes and anecdotes about their purses and shopping habits.
annew
Trip PointsOk so I'm slacking a bit these past few months & I think I need to kick it into high gear so that I can earn level 2.......
I'm about 17,000 points away. so here's my plan
I've got a fundraiser for my son's school 260 kids so let cross fingers :D
I've planned a multi-vendor blendor open house.....
I'm working on filling my schedule w/shows right now for November I have 5 cooking shows but I need like 5 more.........

December- I've only got 1 :bugeye:

so any ideas other than I need to recruit/qualify 5 new people??????

I totally am to blame b/c my life has gotten in the way the past few months....but I work full-time, do PC, cater on the side--- I've been really busy the past month or so.....I'm also a soccer mom/coach......& I'm involved in a few clubs.

So I guess I like working under pressure!! LOL

Anne,
I pulled off 15,490 from Oct-Dec last year to earn San Fran. ( that was with a recruit).
If your fundraiser goes well, you could have most of that in the bag. But of course with fundraisers, who knows.
What I did last year was look at how many shows I needed instead of sales. So figure your show average and then how many shows at that average it would take to get there. It is still possible, so pick up your chin and think positive.:angel:

Have your tried the mystery hostess catalog party? I can usually collect between $700-$1200 that way.

A few years ago I was $8400 away from TPC and had 3 weeks to pull it off. I spent my afternoons calling every customer I'd ever had and telling them of my goal - I ended up making it by $400. Pull out all the stops - call everyone, email everyone - tell them of your goal...promise to send them a postcard from the trip!

That is so true. When I was pushing to get the trip last year. I had people help that I never thought. I mean REALLY never thought. I had a few who said I better get a postcard. People ae more helpful when they know you are working hard at a goal.
I had a few this year say are you going to make your trip this year?

It seems that the people I know are just the opposite. They only order if THEY want it. LOL

Do you offer them something for helping you?

Well in Nov/Dec I had the 12 days of Christmas. But, other than that, I just asked if they would help me earn my trip, which was my goal for the year. I think only one person flat out said, NO I can't. All the others had shows or catalog shows. I did a mailing to parents I sort of knew through my kids schools. The ones you see once in awhile and don't get to talk to that often.

bethcooks4u said:
It seems that the people I know are just the opposite. They only order if THEY want it. LOL

Do you offer them something for helping you?

When I was in crunch time, I offered everyone a free SBRC with their order...that's it -- and they ordered - LOL

I just have 5-three winter and 2 summer.

too many to count ! :D

it's a weakness what can say???

3, thats it!

hmmmm think about 5...but only use 1 right now

Since I have a shoe and purse fettish I don't think its possible to count how many I have! :D

chefkristin said:
Since I have a show and purse fettish I don't think its possible to count how many I have! :D

Me too! Shoe and purse fetish that is!;)

yep...shoes and purses always fit !! and never show weight gain!!

Uh... I have one purse. And when it wears out I will throw it away and get one new one. I am not much of a purse person. I used them because I have kids and have to carry extra stuff. Otherwise, I would just toss my wallet in my pocket and go about my day.

I only have one too. I will use it till my Mother-in-law buys another one for Christmas (about every 2 years). If I like it, I will use the new one and keep the old one for backup. (Didn't like the previous purse at all, so it went to Goodwill as soon as I could get it there) (She doesn't keep the receipts and doesn't like to be asked for them)

But I really like the one she got me 2 years ago (due for a new one !!). If I don't like the new one, then I will keep the old one and donate the new one to someone else.

I must have over 30 hand bags...........my one true weakness:blushing:

I have no idea. I know there are bunches in my closet. I will swap up every few months or go buy a new one. I did sale a bunch of designer ones on ebay one time to clear my closet out.

Not too many.. just don't ask me about shoes. :p

Let's see... I have an itty bitty brown purse that I wanted to see if I could actually use (and not bust open with my stuff)
A black denim one
A black 'nice' one (more professional looking)
A black, shiney formal tiny one for our once a year dress up shindig

Any others I have are old and unusable for me anyway. The kids could use 'em for dress up.

I also admit to buying a fanny pack but they're not really purses but that's for when we go camping and purses are impractical... and you just need to carry the minimum when you might be wearing... the minimum. :blushing:

lkprescott said:
Not too many.. just don't ask me about shoes. :p
:

I started to say this too. I have a so much worse on shoes. It is a joke in my family. And I jsust got a coupon in email yesterday for Shoe Station.

Hey, I just 'fly'-ed most of my purses and just kept about 5 or 6.

jrstephens said:
I started to say this too. I have a so much worse on shoes. It is a joke in my family. And I jsust got a coupon in email yesterday for Shoe Station.

LOL... that's funny. My DH tried to talk to me about 'my shoes'... he was like 'why do you need so many? i only need like 2 pairs"... I raised my eyebrows and yeah, took his shoe inventory... okay so he came in under my count but he at least doubled his original estimation. LOL... he claimed his boots for mowing and sandals for summer didn't count. :rolleyes:

So I went to my best friends house today and we took our kids out to dinner. She got all prettied up and then it was time to pick a purse... SERIOUSLY... she pulled out a huge under the bed storage bag just to choose which one would match her outfit best! LOL It was hilarious. She does this literally each and every time she leaves the house! Then coming home seeing this thread made me laugh!

reba515 said:
too many to count ! :D

it's a weakness what can say???

I think this is me too!:blushing:

Brandi said:
So I went to my best friends house today and we took our kids out to dinner. She got all prettied up and then it was time to pick a purse... SERIOUSLY... she pulled out a huge under the bed storage bag just to choose which one would match her outfit best! LOL It was hilarious. She does this literally each and every time she leaves the house! Then coming home seeing this thread made me laugh!

I have a lot, but I use only a few on a regular basis.

About 2 dozen, but a few are vintage Coach bags that are 20-30 years old!

I usually buy less than one bag a year...there have been some years where there just wasn't anything I liked!

This year I bought 3.

My daughter and I went to the Coach store at the outlet mall on Black Friday. It was crazy- a real zoo. I think they're nice but I admit I just don't get it.

travelgirl said:
My daughter and I went to the Coach store at the outlet mall on Black Friday. It was crazy- a real zoo. I think they're nice but I admit I just don't get it.

Well lets just say I am getting a coach purse and wallet from my sister for Christmas. (I have NO idea where she is getting it---;))

Related to Fess Up! How Many Purses Do You Own?

1. How many purses do you own?

I currently own 10 purses.

2. How many trip points do you need to earn level 2?

You need 17,000 trip points to earn level 2.

3. What is your plan to earn more trip points?

I have a few strategies to earn more trip points, such as hosting a fundraiser for my son's school, planning a multi-vendor open house, and scheduling more cooking shows. I am also considering recruiting and qualifying 5 new people.

4. What has been hindering your trip point earnings in the past few months?

I have been busy with my full-time job, Pampered Chef business, catering, and other responsibilities such as being a soccer mom and involved in clubs. However, I am determined to work harder in the upcoming months to earn more trip points.

5. Do you work well under pressure?

Yes, I actually work better under pressure. It motivates me to strive for success and accomplish my goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies