• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Appetizer to Do in Your Mmp?

3. Add mayonnaise and garlic to Artichoke Batter. Blend until desired consistency is achieved. Pour batter evenly over wontons in pan.4. Bake at 350ºF for 13 minutes or until Parmesan cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
My host wants to learn a great appetize to do in the Mini Muffin Pan and I think this will work great with the hands on approach... what is your favorite one to do??? Everyone chime in please! :)

brie with seedless rasberry jam----in filo cups

MORFIA said:

Do you use the store bought phyllo cups? and the recipe please???? That sounds marvelous....whether I use this one for the show or not I'm going to do it for us at home! Thanks in advance for the recipe... :)
I'm making a list to choose from so keep em coming ya'll!!!!

Elegant Artichoke Cups! Gorgeous!!! And YUMMY!

Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups! They were fun to put together and really yummy. I actually do half chicken and half shrimp. It wasn't that spicy either, just watch how much jalapeno you put in it.

I agree with Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups, but make sure you use a fresh pack of tortillas because if they've been opened already it makes them harder to get to stay in the mini muffin pan. At least that's been my experience. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I 2nd the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups. You can put any kind of filling in those cute little tortilla cups, so it's very versatile.

I was telling DH that I wanted to make these again but they really are an "eat now" type of thing, they don't store well because the fridge makes the crust yucky and soggy and it has cream cheese in it so you cannot leave them out. Maybe I'll see if my MIL will let me bring them to dinner again.

Yes, they are definitely an "eat now" recipe. But, it's easy to bake the cups in advance, put them in tupperware and fill them later.

finley1991 said:

I second this one! This was the very first recipe I made at a show and it was deeelish!

I used extra mayo the first time (by accident) and liked them better than the actual recipe :chef:

I'm for elegant artichoke cups

finley1991 said:
Is that the same as the Cheesy Artichoke Cups from the use and care? If not, please tell me where the recipe is or better yet, post it for me :chef:

Thanks!

Along the lines of the shrimp ceviche cups I use the tortillas and hamburger and make a mini taco cup variation....

pamperedlinda said:
Is that the same as the Cheesy Artichoke Cups from the use and care? If not, please tell me where the recipe is or better yet, post it for me :chef:

Thanks!
Ditto... I don't know where this recipe is either... but I'm hoping someone will tell us??? :) :)

I was reading on another thread... someone suggested using wonton wrappers instead of tortilla's since they are thinner ... has anyone tried this? Did it work or fail? I think that saving steps makes recipes more appealing time wise... but I know it would cut out using some products as well so I am trying to decide what to do...

My grandkids LOVE the corn dog recipe. When guests see how easy and good they are it is easy to come up with all kinds of uses for it. Of course I combine it with the small scoop and tart shaper (both a must have).

I can't believe no one has mentioned Shrimp Wonton Cups. They are soooo yummy! Can't remember which cookbook the recipe is in, but you can usually find it on the PC recipe websites that are out there.

=) Jen

Here is the Elegant Artichoke Cup recipe...they are soooo yummy!Elegant Artichoke Cups1 tablespoon vegetable oil
24 square wonton wrappers
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and coarsely chopped
½ medium red bell pepper
¼ cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 lemon
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place vegetable oil in Prep Bowl. Place six wonton wrappers on Cutting Board. Lightly brush one side of each wonton with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Press one wonton wrapper into each cup of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers. Bake 6 minutes or just until edges of wontons are light golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; set aside, leaving wontons in pan.2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop artichokes using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Remove seeds from bell pepper and dice using Utility Knife. Using Microplane® Adjustable Grater, grate Parmesan cheese; zest lemon to measure 1/2 teaspoon zest. Finely chop parsley using Pizza Cutter. Add bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, parsley, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl; mix well using Small Mix ’N Scraper®.3. Using Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon, fill each wonton cup with about 1 tablespoon of artichoke mixture; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake 8 minutes or until edges of wontons are golden brown and cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Remove wontons from pan; serve immediately.Yield: 24 appetizers
Nutrients per serving (1 wonton cup): Calories 60, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 115 mg, Fiber less than 1 gCook’s Tip: Wonton wrappers are paper-thin sheets of dough used to make filled wontons and egg rolls. They can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2007

This is all so wonderful! THIS is one of the many reasons I LOVE CS!!!!!! Thanks everyone! I'll continue to make my list and give my host a call when she gets off from work... I know we can choose something great with all your help! I had a host add drained frozen spinach to the ham puff recipe and let me tell you... they were SO great that way... they went from ... hmmm those are good to THESE are SUPER! I'm so thankful for everyone here... Have a blessed afternoon and evening. I'm going into this show tomorrow with over $300 in outside orders and a booking... God continues to show Himself at every turn and I am just praising His name for this show and all this help that each of you are to me. I hope He will use me in some small way to repay all your help! Bless you!

I've used the wonton wrappers too, but it is so fun to see the tart shaper make a spiral out of the tortillas after they've been cut. This is a step I let guests do.

Just make sure you get thin tortillas.

Hmmm... maybe since it's interactive... we'll do some of both! :) I see the advantages to each so why not show them to them as well.

jenm42 said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Shrimp Wonton Cups. They are soooo yummy! Can't remember which cookbook the recipe is in, but you can usually find it on the PC recipe websites that are out there.

=) Jen

Yes, these are really good. I just made them the other day for the first time. They are from the Celebrate Cookbook. I like the Elegant Artichoke Cups too, but DH is not a fan of artichokes, so I am glad I found the recipe for the Shrimp Wonton Cups. He really liked them.

I love the ham puffs too.

jenm42 said:
Does anyone have this recipe?? Sounds interesting.

jenm42 said:

=) Jen
OMG, me too Jen! Can't believe it!!! They are in the Celebrate cookbook and it's either the very first or second recipe of the book! I add cream cheese and bacon to it!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMMOOOO!:love: I catered my best friends step son's wedding and they had me make 300 of these! They dissappeared fast! And part of the reason I had to make so much for a croud of only about 100, is because all her sisters loved them and everyone was eating them as we make them! LOL! They are soo loved in that family!:love:

MissChef said:
OMG, me too Jen! Can't believe it!!! They are in the Celebrate cookbook and it's either the very first or second recipe of the book! I add cream cheese and bacon to it!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMMOOOO!:love: I catered my best friends step son's wedding and they had me make 300 of these! They dissappeared fast! And part of the reason I had to make so much for a croud of only about 100, is because all her sisters loved them and everyone was eating them as we make them! LOL! They are soo loved in that family!:love:

How much cream cheese and bacon and do you delete the shrimp then or these are in addition to the shrimp?

I know someone listed the recipe, but the artichoke cups was one of the "Recipes for new Consultants" when I started in Sept. I think they're on CC.

Yea... then I can get the shopping list there too if that is what we choose... thanks!

quiverfull7 said:
I was reading on another thread... someone suggested using wonton wrappers instead of tortilla's since they are thinner ... has anyone tried this? Did it work or fail? I think that saving steps makes recipes more appealing time wise... but I know it would cut out using some products as well so I am trying to decide what to do...

I used wonton wrappers to make little taco cups. Worked great! Just make sure you brush with olive oil....this helps them to stay in the cup.

I have used the wonton's before. Make sure to watch them b/c they are easy to burn! :chef:

Thanks for posting that recipe; it sounds yummy!

The mini ham puffs are an easy go-to recipe too; especially for picky people.

I didn't have a hard time with the tortillas, you do have to be careful with them but they turned out great.

quiverfull7 said:
How much cream cheese and bacon and do you delete the shrimp then or these are in addition to the shrimp?
To be honest, I really just add to taste!! I will bake up a whole thing of bacon, and chop 1/2 into it, then I taste it, if I think it needs more I'll add it. Sometimes the bacon is more salty and I'll use less that I do on other days, depends on the brand and how much sodium they use! I do a full 8 oz of cream cheese!! I do not take anything out!! So yes, I leave the shrimp in! I love shrimp! I just make it with heaping scoops and I'll use more wontons if needed! With the cream cheese in there, you can use it as something else too. What I mean, when I made it at my friends house, We had extra filling so we served some as a spread with crackers and it was a hit too!;)

Last edited:
The Mini Ham Puffs have been a success with my customers. I believe the recipe is in All the Best.

quiverfull7 said:
My host wants to learn a great appetize to do in the Mini Muffin Pan and I think this will work great with the hands on approach... what is your favorite one to do??? Everyone chime in please! :)

Am I the only one that read MMP and thought Measure Mix and Pour (somehow I skipped right over the appetizer part)? :blushing: I have the Greek Salad dressing on the brain. Can you tell? I'm anxious to try it, but haven't made salad yet! I have to do that this weekend. :chef:

I know these aren't appetizers, but I just pulled them out of the oven so I have to share. I do "Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies" in mine all the time. It's not PC recipe and doesn't take but one tool, but I use it for dessert if I need one to add to a demo. I've got alot of these requested for V-day shows. "Kiss...cookies":)

I use the store bought Filo cups cut a small piece of Brie and use a squeez of rasberry jelly---bake for about 10 minutes

MINI TACO PUFFS!!!!
1 pound lean ground beef, browned

1-2 cups taco chips, crushed to each 1 cup

1 package (8 oz) crescent rolls

1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

½-1 cup salsa

1-2 teaspoons Pantry Southwest Seasoning Mix

Preheat oven to 375°. Roll crescent rolls out flat on cutting board; cut into squares. Put squares into mini-muffin tin using tart shaper. Mix rest of ingredients in 2 Qt. Batter bowl. Scoop into muffin tin using scoop. Bake 10-15 minutes or until done.

lisa717 said:
MINI TACO PUFFS!!!!
1 pound lean ground beef, browned

1-2 cups taco chips, crushed to each 1 cup

1 package (8 oz) crescent rolls

1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

½-1 cup salsa

1-2 teaspoons Pantry Southwest Seasoning Mix

Preheat oven to 375°. Roll crescent rolls out flat on cutting board; cut into squares. Put squares into mini-muffin tin using tart shaper. Mix rest of ingredients in 2 Qt. Batter bowl. Scoop into muffin tin using scoop. Bake 10-15 minutes or until done.

Those sound yummy!

I love my mini-muffin pan! Here a bunch of more recipes I got here I think. Mini quiche are yummy! I want to try little apple tarts. I like the artichoke cups too.

Dessert - Love to make brownie cups then fill with 2-ingredient fudge using the EAD. Everyone LOVES them!

I love my mini muffin pan!! I use it for wonton cups and then mix up cream cheese, diced ham or sometimes crapmeat, green onion, etc and put inside the baked cups. I also use it for Peacan Tassie which is like a staple in my house.

recipesForgot to share these - I got them here.

Attachments

• Recipes_Mini_Muffin_Pan.doc
    87 KB · Views: 378
325 degrees? These sound excellent.

MORFIA said:
I use the store bought Filo cups cut a small piece of Brie and use a squeez of rasberry jelly---bake for about 10 minutes
325 degrees? These sound great.

Thanks everyone! My host chose the ham puffs... she REALLY doesn't like Shrimp so I am glad I asked :) Her show is the first I did with the new interactive format... She's at $909, 4 bookings and 2 solid recruit leads... I cannot wait to call them back!

pkd09, what's the corn dog recipe??

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • MeesMom3
  • Recipes and Tips