• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fairs and Other "Public" Venues.

In summary, most people do local fairs by calling people and trying to get bookings for cooking shows. Having a good receptionist and good marketing skills helps.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I was just wondering!
I do our state fair every year in August and have rarely gotten any real leads from this venture. I get lots of names but most just want a catalog and then I send them and then nothing. Not even an order. I do the follow up phone calls adn everything. Even the Free Show drawings.
I was just wondering how most of the rest of you are doing with things like fairs, open houses or whatever. I know a few people have done the Taste of Home thing and the David's Bridal things too and was wondering how they did as well.

I do a local swap meet every month and so far have been happy with the results. I try to talk to everyone that ventures by and then ask them to sign up for my drawing. I then call everyone and tell them they won a free cooking show which means that I will supply the ingredients and mail their invitations.

mandak said:
I do a local swap meet every month and so far have been happy with the results. I try to talk to everyone that ventures by and then ask them to sign up for my drawing. I then call everyone and tell them they won a free cooking show which means that I will supply the ingredients and mail their invitations.

How do people react to winning a show? I want to call people that I met yesterday at a fundraiser and offer the same thing. What do you say to them?

Thanks!

I say something like... "Hi this is Mandy with the Pampered Chef. We met at the Swap Meet. Have I caught you at a good time? .... I'm really excited for you because you have won a free cooking show! Can I tell you about it?
(I have never had anyone tell me no)
Then I go to say something like "A cooking show is a lot of fun...." I just explain how they will earn free products, etc.

I always try "to keep the ball in my court" and if they say well I am really busy this month then I say well how about I call you at the end of the month to schedule something for June?"

The second time around I mgiht say something well your free cooking show is only good through the end of this month but as an added bonus for booking you"ll receive... and then whatever you want to give an extra $10 or a certain product etc.

I just did a fair (family expo) at our fairgrounds this weekend. I have started calling them to let them know that they won a free cooking show. I got 2 bookings last night and three people to call back at later dates. So far everyone is responding really well. I have another fair on May 13th in a town a half hour away. I am hoping to receive the same responce.

When I call, I say hi this ____ from the pampered chef is this a good time. Everyone has said yes I then tell them that they were not the grand prize winners, however the won the second best a free kitchen show. What this entails is that I am a cook for your frinds and family, the dishwasher because I take all the dirty dishes home to my husband, and your secretary because I mail out all the invitations.

I hope this helps, I am on Pampered Chef cloud right now!:D

That's a good one too!

I decided to do this for my past hosts and customers too!

I do a craft show alot since its a monthly thing for us and most of the time I have really good feedback and response. I can usually get at least one party booked and several interested inother things...its just getting them to hold on to there date afterwards that always gets me!!

mandak said:

Do you try to take orders, pass out catalogs or just get bookings? What type of setup do you have? We don't have local craft fairs where I'm at but there are two flea markets. I would like to try it out.

I did the taste of home cooking school last year I was on the verge of hanging up the apron, within the 3-4 months after doing the fair I was #1 in sales those months, so I definitly plan on doing it again this year. I used a form from here that asked if the person was interested in a kitchen show, catalog show or the business, and I called them within the next couple of days it was awsome.

1. What types of events or fairs can I sell Pampered Chef products at?

You can sell Pampered Chef products at a variety of public venues such as craft fairs, trade shows, farmers markets, and community events. However, it is important to check with the event organizers for any specific guidelines or restrictions.

2. Do I need a special permit or license to sell at fairs and other public venues?

It depends on the state and local laws. Some areas may require vendors to obtain a temporary sales tax permit or a business license. We recommend checking with your local government for any necessary permits or licenses before selling at a fair or other public venue.

3. Can I set up a booth or table to sell Pampered Chef products at a fair?

Yes, you can set up a booth or table to sell Pampered Chef products at fairs and other public venues. We recommend having a visually appealing display with demonstration products and plenty of catalogs and order forms for customers to browse.

4. How much inventory should I bring to a fair or event?

The amount of inventory you bring will depend on the size and duration of the event, as well as your own personal sales goals. It is always better to have a little extra inventory on hand rather than running out of popular products. Keep track of what sells well at each event to help plan for future inventory needs.

5. Can I offer special promotions or discounts at fairs and other public venues?

Yes, you can offer special promotions or discounts at fairs and other public venues. This can help attract customers and increase sales. Just make sure to follow any guidelines set by the event organizers and clearly communicate the promotion to customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • dwyerkim
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • alidafrizzell