• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Venues for Fairs & Boutiques: Resources & Calendars

In summary, the conversation suggests several resources for finding booths at fairs and other events. These include checking with the Chamber of commerce, schools, catering/banquet halls, and doing a web search for festivals and fairs in the area. Other suggestions include searching for bridal fairs, checking with local malls, and asking a Pampered Chef director for potential event opportunities. A specific thread on the Chef Success forum is also mentioned as a helpful resource.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I'd love to do booths at fairs and stuff but don't even know where to start looking for stuff. The only boutiques I know of are all at Christmas. Do you guys know of any online calendars/resources or something? Where do you find these venues?

Re: Booths?Check with the Chamber of commerce in your town and neighboring towns, check with schools about spring flings (they might be all over by now, but you never know), check with catering/banquet halls about bridal fairs, google events in your town, state.

Hope that helps!

Re: Booths?craftlister.com

Re: Booths?do a websearch for festivals and fairs in your area

Re: Booths?I've done the websearch, no luck. I'm actually usually really good at searching the web, my family always laughs when we're sitting around talking about stuff and someone asks a random question that no one knows the answer too. They'll move on in the conversation but I'll do some googling and 2 minutes later spit out the answer. Bridal fairs are a good idea, I know there's a country club near where I work that has bridal fairs alot (when I was getting married I was only engaged for about 3 months and there were 2 I think). I also want to go pamper some of the local bridal shops, but I only remember when I drive past and then forget once I get home!

Re: Booths?Check your local malls website for their events calendar.

Re: Booths?Check your local mall's website for upcoming events and contact them right away. Also, your director sometimes receives notification of upcoming events in the area, and even has funds to help pay for some.

1. How do I find venues for fairs and boutiques?

To find venues for fairs and boutiques, you can start by looking for local event spaces, community centers, and parks that have rental options for events. You can also reach out to local small businesses and ask if they host pop-up shops or participate in local fairs and markets. Additionally, there are online resources and directories specifically for event venues that you can use to search for potential locations.

2. What should I consider when choosing a venue for a fair or boutique?

When choosing a venue for a fair or boutique, consider the size and layout of the space, the location and accessibility for both vendors and attendees, the amenities and facilities available, and any rental fees or policies. It's also important to consider the target audience and whether the venue aligns with the aesthetic and vibe of the event.

3. How far in advance should I book a venue for a fair or boutique?

It's recommended to book a venue for a fair or boutique at least 6 months in advance, especially if it's a popular location or during peak event season. This will give you enough time to plan and promote the event, as well as secure any necessary permits or insurance.

4. Are there any online calendars or resources specifically for fairs and boutiques?

Yes, there are several online calendars and resources specifically for fairs and boutiques. Some popular ones include the National Association of Independent Artists (NAIA) Fair and Festival Directory, the Art Fair SourceBook, and FestivalNet.

5. Can I negotiate rental fees with a venue for a fair or boutique?

It is possible to negotiate rental fees with a venue for a fair or boutique, especially if you are bringing in a large number of vendors or have a good relationship with the venue. It's important to have a clear understanding of the rental terms and policies before starting negotiations and to have a budget in mind. Be prepared to compromise and have a backup plan in case negotiations fall through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennc112
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jennc112
  • ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefChillFL
  • Chef Diane