• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raffle for a Cause: Win Cookware for a Good Cause - September/October Fairs

In summary, the person is asking if it would be possible to raffle off tickets at a cost of $1.00-2.00 each and use the money collected to purchase cookware to give away at the end of a certain time frame. They have several fairs coming up and are looking for ways to increase their sales. They also mention that in some states, a tax ID number is needed to do a raffle and in others, a one-time gaming license must be obtained. They are also considering giving away cookware as incentives for hosting parties or achieving certain sales goals.
newchefmommy
I have a question. Would it be possible to raffle off tickets say 1.00-2.00 per ticket and at the end of a certain time frame give away a set of the cookware? I know a lot of people who would love cookware but don't have the money to spend. I would use all the money collected to purchase it. I have quite a few "fairs" in September and October. I was just trying to think how to increase some of my sales...and possibly have a cookware give away.
thanks for any advice.
thanks
christina

In many states, in order to do a "raffle" where you are taking money, you need to have a tax id number. Many schools and churches have them, that's why they can do those types of raffles. If you do it in conjunction with a school or church who has that id number, you'll be ok to do it. I know it's not allowed in PA, so that's what you'll have to do.

In MI you need to apply for a one-time gaming license from the state gov to do a raffle. I'm not sure what the fee is to get the license, but I think it's substantial.

newchefmommy said:
I have a question. Would it be possible to raffle off tickets say 1.00-2.00 per ticket and at the end of a certain time frame give away a set of the cookware? I know a lot of people who would love cookware but don't have the money to spend. I would use all the money collected to purchase it. I have quite a few "fairs" in September and October. I was just trying to think how to increase some of my sales...and possibly have a cookware give away.
thanks for any advice.
thanks
christina

some consultants hold their own show and purchase the cookware at the discount or get it free - then use it to get hosts - you can give raffle tix for different categories

host the show 1 ticket
host a $500 show 1 ticket
host a $1000 show 2 tickets
2 bookings from your show 1 ticket

Or I know consultants who have given it to their host of the year with the highest sales.

Hi Christina,Thank you for reaching out with your question. Raffling off tickets and using the money collected to purchase a set of cookware is a great idea to increase sales and give back to your customers. As long as you follow the proper guidelines and regulations for raffles in your area, it is definitely possible to do so_One suggestion I have is to also offer a discounted price for the cookware set as an incentive for customers to purchase tickets. This way, even if they don't win the raffle, they still have the opportunity to purchase the cookware at a lower price.Additionally, you could also consider hosting a cooking demonstration or workshop at the "fairs" you mentioned, showcasing the cookware and its features. This can help generate interest and potentially lead to more sales.I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck with your sales and cookware giveaway!Best,

1. Can I use this product in the oven?

Yes, all of our products are oven-safe unless otherwise stated. However, for best results, we recommend following the temperature and time guidelines listed in the product manual.

2. Is this product dishwasher-safe?

Yes, most of our products are dishwasher-safe. However, to ensure the longevity of the product, we recommend handwashing with warm soapy water.

3. Can I use this on my induction stovetop?

Yes, many of our cookware items are compatible with induction stovetops. Please refer to the product manual or our website for specific information about each product.

4. Is this product BPA-free?

Yes, all of our products are BPA-free and made with high-quality materials for your safety and peace of mind.

5. Can I return this product if I'm not satisfied?

Yes, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you can return the product within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedape
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedcheflori