• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fairness Doctrine at Work: Discuss Merrill Here

In summary, the VIP from yesterday is still being talked about. Some people like the new magnetic signs, while others miss the old catalog folders. The yard sign is gone and the banner is smaller than people would like. Prices are higher than the old place, and shipping is expensive. Customer service was not good at the conference.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
We have a pretty lively thread going about VIP from yesterday, so I think fair is fair. Here's your chance to

[ ] Praise
[ ] Be Overwhelmed
[ ] Be Whelmed
[ ] Be Underwhelmed
[ ] Complain

(Choose One) about Merrill Corporation.

I'll start. I see they have magnetic car signs. How wonderful - I have a Saturn. (That means, my car has plastic door panels and magnets don't stick to them.)

I DO like their business cards better than I liked the old ones, but I liked the old ones, too.

Well,I love the looks of the checks and business cards, but they are kind of pricey. The stationary is $8.95 for only 50 sheets!!!

I got my small self-inking stamp for about half what they sell theirs for.

Some things, like the banner, are a little less dear than they were at the old place but others are more pricey.They also offer things the old place didn't offer - and vice versa. I miss the transparent catalog folders with the logo. The yard sign is also gone (glad I got one from T&C before the end) and that cute little yard banner is just that - little - and needs to be a lot bigger for anyone to actually see it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Some things, like the banner, are a little less dear than they were at the old place but others are more pricey.

They also offer things the old place didn't offer - and vice versa. I miss the transparent catalog folders with the logo.

The yard sign is also gone (glad I got one from T&C before the end) and that cute little yard banner is just that - little - and needs to be a lot bigger for anyone to actually see it.

The yard sign is gone????:(

I am underwhelmed by them. I have only bought two things from them ... a (now discontinued) tote bag ($9 wasn't bad, it's decent quality) and the $4 money bag. I got my business cards and stamp for free from other places. They also charge too much for shipping, in my opinion.

I like their look, hate their prices, and detest their customer service. Their people were just plain RUDE at conference. Who doesn't accept cash for a sale? That's right! Merrill!! I marched over to Nancy's and dropped $80 and got to meet Nancy herself! She was so kind that she will be the first to get all my future business.

I will not be ordering from Merrill again if at all possible.

letscook04 said:
Yup.

It was a T&C product and I haven't seen anything like it in Merrill, except for the cute little garden banner. (Stand by while I pull my tongue out of my cheek.)

Underwhelmed. Get me a catalog that I can hold in my hands and I might be happier. Also, I'm not terribly thrilled with having "full color photos" of products on every damn thing (business cards, letterhead, etc.). Perhaps I'm old fashioned (or just plain old) but I loved the logo letterhead from T&C. I bought several packages when they were going out of the P-Chef business. Don't know what I'll use when that stuff runs out.

I purchased the window decal for my van from T&C and LOVED it! Merrill has great stuff, but their products are overpriced, they wouldn't take a check @ conference and they were rude!

No business from me!

DebbieJ said:
I like their look, hate their prices, and detest their customer service. Their people were just plain RUDE at conference. Who doesn't accept cash for a sale? That's right! Merrill!! I marched over to Nancy's and dropped $80 and got to meet Nancy herself! She was so kind that she will be the first to get all my future business.

I will not be ordering from Merrill again if at all possible.

DITTO!!! I TRIED to purchase product from them at conference - I too spent my $$ at Nancy's...

Ditto, DebbieJ...I do like how professional their products are; I like my biz cards I got from them, and I use their checks. But yikes, they could adjust prices a little more. I do have their car decal--I like it but, wish it was bigger & wish I could have added my phone number. And like you guys said...hello! no cash at conference-what was up with that? I did enjoy meeting Nancy & ordered a bunch from her since I could pay with cash; that was my first order from her & I'll probably order from her again before I'll order from merrill...

WOW! I'm glad to know it wasn't just me who was ticked off at Merrill at Conference! I did the same thing - turned around, went to Nancy's and bought about $80 in stuff - plus Nancy's had freebies for any purchase made at Conference. I bought the new stationary from there - I like it - much more professional than the old red checkered stuff, and I bought the magnetic notepads to which I can attach my business card - I'm now giving those as a gift to my hosts! I think Nancy's will continue to get the bulk of my business - I used to split between Nancy's and T&C - I also really miss T&C!!

Oh - and Kitchen Guy - I have a Saturn Vue - I was thinking - we could attach the magnets to the hood, and people in the Hummers & Big Rigs could read them!:D

letscook04 said:

No they have one it just looks different. It is more a "sidewalk" sign.

I miss the personalized window stickers. The magnets look tacky and unprofessional to me.

As far as prices I think it is all over priced. VIP, Merril and Nancy

They do it cause they can, you can't go to Walmart and get that shirt or whatever it is. You can go to ebay though.

I was much more impressed with Nancy's artworks at confernce I didn't buy a damn thing from Merril at confernce..... No cash not getting my business... though I do like their business cards.... But I am not sure if 15.00 fro 250 is justifying when I could order from vistaprint and have the same info on it without the pics of the products on them.

I find their prices insulting and their quality lacking. The rubber stamps they sell with the logo and our info...you need a microscpoe to read :p

I haven't ordered anything from them...I think they are too expensive. But, are you guys tell HO that you don't like them? That could make a difference. I think they are all taking advantage of us because we can't buy from anywhere else. I wish we could just have a PC store...like the director's store where we could get all of our things at one place.

I emailed 'em. I don't have much tact... but oh well! ;)
------------------------------------
I normally don't do much in the way of complaining... but I have to say something about VIP prices!
They are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. There are HUNDREDS of consultants who feel this way, yet nothing is being done. Making us pay $40 for a t-shirt is fleecing Pampered Chef consultants. It does not cost that much to make a custom shirt. It is upsurd. Insulting. How are we supposed to promote the company we love (Pampered Chef) if the prices at VIP gouge us? Could we PLEASE do something about their insane prices? Thank you.

I'm gonna start this over. Watch for a poll.

We should email HO with a link to this thread.

Related to Fairness Doctrine at Work: Discuss Merrill Here

1. What is the Fairness Doctrine at Work?

The Fairness Doctrine at Work refers to a set of regulations that were in place from 1949 to 1987 requiring broadcasters to present controversial issues in a fair and balanced manner. This meant providing equal time for different points of view on a particular topic.

2. Is the Fairness Doctrine still in effect?

No, the Fairness Doctrine was repealed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1987. The FCC determined that the doctrine was no longer necessary due to the rise of cable and satellite television, which provided more diverse and accessible sources of information.

3. How does the Fairness Doctrine affect me as an employee?

The Fairness Doctrine does not directly affect employees, as it was primarily aimed at broadcasters. However, it may impact the content that your company produces or broadcasts, and you may be required to adhere to certain guidelines or regulations set by the FCC.

4. What is the Merrill Doctrine and how does it relate to the Fairness Doctrine?

The Merrill Doctrine is a legal principle established by the Supreme Court in 1986 that allows the FCC to regulate the content of broadcast media in the interest of promoting diversity and competition. It is often associated with the Fairness Doctrine as it was used to justify the FCC's decision to repeal it in 1987.

5. Are there any current efforts to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine?

There have been sporadic efforts to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine over the years, but none have been successful. In 2019, the House of Representatives passed a bill that would have reinstated the doctrine, but it did not pass in the Senate. Currently, there are no active efforts to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • jessinthekitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathy's_Kitchen
  • KellyTheChef