• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Extra Prayers Please for My Soldier...

V
vwpamperedchef
My DH is training this week on "how to notify a family when a soldier dies". Sadly this has to occur, and he's been taking the online training and watching the videos. He told me he is depressed watching these.:cry:

Please keep him close in your prayers and thoughts. I would certainly appreciate any extra prayers you've got!

Thank you! ((Hugs))

Big hugs to him. That is definitely not the most rewarding job one can have. :(

-from a Navy Wife

Luckily the duty rotates, and he gets it once or twice a month. But even still...that's too long. Thanks I appreciate it!

May God give him comfort and strength. It must be a difficult duty for anyone. May God give him courage and the words if he should be in a position where they have to be used.

Many years ago, I had to go with my DH on a CACO call. I was the only wife around that knew the family. It was good that I went as the other service members started talking about the injuries while children where in the room.

DH has the training as well....hope he never has to use it.

Oh wow. I will pray for all of you. That is certainly not a desirable task
but one that God will totally equip him for as he lays the work at Jesus feet.
God must know that your dh is compassionate and trustworthy to lead him to this assignment.

That has to be the most heart wrenching training, and job. I will pray.

Vanessa - having lost a friend in a Blackhawk crash in November, having a cousin on active duty for 4-5 years processing everyone that has come back and having done CPR on a woman for 30 minutes last night that didn't make it and watching her husband of 52 years sit calmly and helplessly watch the whole process I THOROUGHLY understand his stress. I will pray that he NEVER has to use the training or has the strength to be proper support to the family.

I'll be praying for him. What an awful thing to have to do, but what a blessing he may be to a family by learning how to tell them.

What a burden to bear. I hope his training goes well.

Vanessa, I will pray that God will give him peace, calm, drench him with compassion and strength and give him the right words to speak at the right time, and that even in the midst of these depressing situations that God would put some joy in his heart, so that he would not get pulled down too deep into the sadness of this task at hand.

Bidding your husband peace in his heart about this, and the right words to say, when and if he must make the call.Praying that he won't have to make it. That call, and the military honors at the funeral are so important to family and friends.God bless our Military

Last edited:
What a hard job. He will be in my prayers!

I cannot even imagine having to do that...

Thank you for the prayers...he's having "bad dreams" but cannot remember them. I ask you continue to keep him in prayer! TIA

Vanessa, he is definitely in my prayers.

Thank you Nique and everyone else!!

Vanessa...he is in my prayers..and you too! I can't imagine having to do that!

What is the reason for extra prayers for a soldier and their family?

The soldier's spouse has shared that their loved one is currently undergoing training on how to notify a family when a soldier dies. This is a difficult and emotionally taxing task, and the spouse has asked for extra prayers and support during this time.

Why is the soldier's husband feeling depressed during this training?

Watching videos and taking online training on how to notify a family of a soldier's death can be a heavy burden for anyone. The soldier's husband is likely feeling overwhelmed and saddened by the thought of having to deliver such difficult news.

What can we do to support the soldier's husband during this time?

We can offer our thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement to the soldier's husband. We can also be mindful of his emotional state and offer a listening ear or a shoulder to lean on if needed.

How can we support the soldier and their family during this training?

We can continue to keep the soldier and their family in our prayers and thoughts. We can also reach out to the family to offer our support and let them know that we are thinking of them.

Why is it important to offer extra prayers and support during this time?

This is a difficult and emotionally challenging situation for the soldier's family. By offering our prayers and support, we can provide them with comfort, strength, and love during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Shawnna