• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the SD Expo: Crafting, Cropping & SEI Products!

In summary, the conversation is about two friends, Heather and Gina, who are both avid scrapbookers. Heather is going to a local scrapbook expo to take workshops and crop all night, while Gina is envious because the closest expo to her is in Seattle. They discuss their favorite scrapbooking products and classes they plan on taking at the expo. They also mention their past experiences with scrapbooking and their plans for the upcoming school year. Gina also shares her successful experience at a previous expo and her plans to transfer that success to her own business.
heat123
Silver Member
Anyone go to the Expo when it comes to your town? Just curious!? I am off to our local SD Expo today to take some workshop and crop all night! Can't say that I love to crop but I do love some of the products of SEI and their easy does it 1 hour scrapbook kits!

Hi Heather!

I love to scrapbook as well - going to our Scrapbook Expo next Friday with my neighbor - taking a couple of workshops (one is SEI - I love them too!) and going to shop and go back for the crop at night. It's in the town next to mine (so about 10 min away) - have fun Heather!! (and of course wear a PC shirt:)

How funny, it must be coming to your town right after SD!

That is a great idea (if I had a shirt)! I am waiting for Merrill to come out with a cute short sleeved sparkles one. I bought the 3/4 sleeve black one and it's 95+ this week, so I won't be wearing it today! Maybe I will bring our confrence bag or Merrill tote fore people to see?

Which SEI class are you taking? I signed up for the "choice is yours" and I loved the one they had last year "it's in the bag" so much that I bought another easy to do kit at the exhibits!

This is only my 1st year to crop at night but 2nd year for workshops.
Have fun at yours!

Oh Heather I am so envious! I used to go with my girls and I got the email this year and just wanted to cry! I think the closest expo to me now is Seattle.

I didn't get to crop last year but the girls had a great time! We use to go to The Attic there in La Mesa by Vons on Avocado once or twice a month. I am just now getting back into it with a CM consultant who does crops at her house. It's not the same but still fun :)

Have a great time!

How funny, I used to take classes at the SBA, it's like 2 min. from my house! If I were an avid scrapbooker I would do the midnight madnesses all the time!

Congrats on such a great July (Carol announced your recognition monday). That's great you did so well on your "business trip" to CA! ;)

Thanks! Now I am just working on transfering that success to here! :)

How did the crop go?

Better than expected! See I'm not a cropper at all. I tried taking classes, I tried doing it alone and with groups of freinds but I am just not a "artiscally creative" person so I struggle with each and every lay out!

So I only signed up for the SEI "choose your easy does it kit " type class (1 hour) to assemble and then I decided to get some more of those easy kits at the exhibits! I bought 2 and finished them and put pics in them in the whole 5 hours of crop night. So I felt I was soo much more productive starting and finishing 2 books rather than 2 pages all night long-heehee.

I also got a really cute Canvas kit from "quick quotes" to make for my mom (shows you how to lay it out) type thing. So I can't wait to start that!

Thanks for asking!
Gina Have fun next weekend!

Ps. I also got a really cute handbag, the kind that has 3 small windows to place your kids pics in but I cut out a few items from the catalog and stuck them in there, and it also has a key chain holder clip in the front, inwhich I put my Confrence charm on it which you can totally see it (on my Merrill ribbon tote it wasn't displayed well at all)! It looks really cute and fashionable! I love it!! :)

Glad you had fun Heather - I'm looking forward to it as well - I'll just have to print some photos and figure out what I'm cropping about - probably my vacations from the last few years. My kids go back to school on Wednesday the 22nd so I'll have some quiet time in the house to get it all ready for Friday. Can't believe my summer vacation is almost over!! I so dread waking up early in the morning (I know many of you probably hate me!) - I've been sleeping in most of the summer usually til 8:30 - now back to 6:30 wake up calls. Oh well - I'll let you know how my crop/workshops go Heather!

Gina M said:
Glad you had fun Heather - I'm looking forward to it as well - I'll just have to print some photos and figure out what I'm cropping about - probably my vacations from the last few years. My kids go back to school on Wednesday the 22nd so I'll have some quiet time in the house to get it all ready for Friday. Can't believe my summer vacation is almost over!! I so dread waking up early in the morning (I know many of you probably hate me!) - I've been sleeping in most of the summer usually til 8:30 - now back to 6:30 wake up calls. Oh well - I'll let you know how my crop/workshops go Heather!
I hear ya on the whole 8:00 wake up, since B was weaned 1 year ago, I have had the luxury of 8am rise and shine! Now since K is going to start school at 7:55 will have to get up at 6:45ish to get them up and ready!:cry: DH laughs and is lovin every minute of my new wake up time, cause I've been spoiled for awhile now!
Tell me how it goes next weekend! Have fun!

I don't hate you! I understand you! I actually can't stand getting the kids ready for school. I know it is terrible, but I love my quiet mornings when I wake up at 7am ON MY OWN and they get up at 9am. Now it is back to 6am WITH THE ALARM for me and 6:30 for the kids.

Heather I love the idea with the picture bag. I am going to get the cat. bag soon, because I am tired of not having my cat.s with me when shopping. I am glad you had a great time. The kits are a great way to get your books done. I am going to plan on going to SD next summer again, so you will have to show me what you have done ;)

I just heard about "Close to Heart" or something like that. I had sworn off stampn and scrapbooking because I had so many supplies and no time. However their clear acrylic blocks that you can change the stamp on SOLD ME again!! I thought that was soooo cool. I have so many many many boxes of Stamp N Up stamps in my extra room that have not been mounted because they HAVE to be mounted! Then with the layered ones I make so many mistakes that it is not even worth it. I love that you can see right through the stamp to make sure you get it exactly where you want it!

I was really impressed with their scrapping stuff. I think I'm going to have to give it another shot! I don't know where I'll find the time, but I really would like to do it. We have about 3 drawers in our ****tail table full of pictures and countless shoe and other types of boxes filled with pictures. I have an old photo album I need to transfer. I have projects and now a renewed desire to tackle them.

Have you guys heard of this company?

I love Close to my Heart! I love the stamps and the idea of making your paper and cards with them. I will most likely get addicted to it too, so I am taking is slow. Just Christmas cards this year. I bought a beautiful nativity scene stamp and the ideas for it are just amazing. I can't wait for my family to see them this year. Last year I made stamped gift tags for the gifts. It was so much fun.

I swapped a show with a CTMH rep freind of mine and I fell in love with all of their stamps! Very expensive habit though, just like scrapbooking! Very cute stuff I have to say.

I love how they have pages ready to go you just have to add pictures and journaling!! That is my kind of scrapbooking!!

Chef Kearns said:
I love how they have pages ready to go you just have to add pictures and journaling!! That is my kind of scrapbooking!!

You know I take their ideas and apply it with my own paper choices. I know that is bad too, but it makes it easier for me to get rid of my paper. Just to let you know how much I have, The Paper Tote you can get at Michaels weighs as much as my eight year old.:eek: It is overstuffed with gorgeous paper:) UGH! Now I want to crop! Maybe tomorrow after my calls. That will be my reward;)

heat123 said:
I swapped a show with a CTMH rep freind of mine and I fell in love with all of their stamps! Very expensive habit though, just like scrapbooking! Very cute stuff I have to say.

That is why you swap discounts. The only bad thing is you still have to pay shipping and tax on the regular amount.:(

Chef Kearns said:
I never noticed those ready to crop pages in their book!? I only bought their stamp sets from my party. That would be soo easy to just buy those premade pages and paste your pics! HOw cool and simple is that!

what is this SEI and the workshop you guys are talking about? i'd like to look that up to see if its coming around me at all

S.E.I is a scrapbooking company that has a website http://www.sei.com I believe. They sell almost premade scrapbook albums where all you have to do is paste it together then put you pics in them. So far I have bought 6 or 7 of thier "easy does it kits" I call them and have given them as gifts mostly and have kept a few for myself. The classes they offer at these expos vary each year. This year was called "The choice is yours" and we got to pick from 2 different styles of books : summer and fall themes.
Last year was called "It's in the Bag" and it was a scrapbook kit in a bag. All their albums claim to take 1 hour to assemble but for me slightly longer. But they are all cute, easy and fun to do if you are scrapbook challenged like myself ;)! HTH!

Hmm for some reason it won't let me post their website? Strange every time I submit, it changes the site name here strange?? but punch in www. then the sei .com and it should bring you to their site.

Last edited:
Ps. the Scrapbook Expo hits main cities each year try atlanta and see if it comes up?

I just checked and it was in atlanta but in July. check out http://www.scrabookexpo.com and you can see what vendors and workshops are offered and can plan to go next year! HTH

thanks for the link Heather. However you forgot the "P" in scrapbook :)

And darn it! They don't have one up here!

I thought they had one in Oregon, darn! Maybe next year you can take another "business trip" and also attend the SD expo! :)

I went to my Scrapbook expo last night - took 2 workshops during the day - very fun! I love those SEI kits in the bags - bought two small ones and put them together last night. I, of course, wore my PC shirt and handed out 2 business cards (2 nice girls from Chicago - talked to them for about 45 minutes - they even took my picture with them!) and handed out 2 catalogs to some girls in my workshop - they are from Chicago as well - I told them about the specials so who knows! It was a fun day and evening but I was pretty tired this morning. I couldn't get ready for it on Thursday night as we had horrible thunderstorms/tornadoes and no power for 6 hours. Some of the worse weather we've seen in a while - so sick of the rain - it is sunny today - thank goodness! I've reinspired myself to scrapbook more often!

cool, glad you had fun Gina!

Chef Kearns said:
ok, after trying to crop this weekend and cleaning out my closet full of pics and reorganizing albums I was motivated to start and finish my daughters 4 year birthdya book. Yeay, I did it plus did 2.5 spread layouts in my frenz album. But what work it is! Um can you tell me Sandra or anyone who knows, under what section do you find CTMH "premade" pages where all I have to do is add the pics?? I have a million pics to put in books and prelaid out pages would be sooo much easier!:D

hmm I think I found the link but they dont' show what themes they have in these premade kits?? anyone know?

Heather-I sent you an email!

Heather, I know a CTMH consultant if you need one. She is really sweet and is willing to do a discount swap. Let me know if you are interested. Also, you should see CM's new stuff. They have tons of packets that you can just put together in no time.

The CM con. that I have here is great! I am 1/4 of the way through my son's album that I have been working on for 3 years! I should be done by the end of the year! I am very excited about that :)

tpchefrebecca said:
Heather, I know a CTMH consultant if you need one. She is really sweet and is willing to do a discount swap. Let me know if you are interested. Also, you should see CM's new stuff. They have tons of packets that you can just put together in no time.

The CM con. that I have here is great! I am 1/4 of the way through my son's album that I have been working on for 3 years! I should be done by the end of the year! I am very excited about that :)

Rebecca I just Pm'd ya!

Related to Exploring the SD Expo: Crafting, Cropping & SEI Products!

1. What is the SD Expo and what can attendees expect?

The SD Expo is an event hosted by Stampin' Up!, a company that offers a variety of crafting and scrapbooking products. At the Expo, attendees can expect to find a wide range of workshops, demonstrations, and crop sessions where they can learn new techniques and use the latest products from SEI.

2. What are the benefits of attending the SD Expo?

Attending the SD Expo allows you to connect with other crafters, learn new techniques, and get hands-on experience with SEI products. You can also take advantage of special discounts and promotions, as well as enter raffles and giveaways for a chance to win some amazing prizes.

3. Do I need to be an experienced crafter to attend the SD Expo?

No, the SD Expo is open to crafters of all levels. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced crafter, there are workshops and demonstrations designed to cater to your skill level. It's a great opportunity to learn and expand your crafting skills.

4. Will there be SEI products available for purchase at the Expo?

Yes, there will be a variety of SEI products available for purchase at the Expo. You can find everything from their popular 1-hour scrapbook kits to their latest crafting tools and accessories. Plus, you may even get a chance to try out some of the products before you buy!

5. Is it necessary to bring my own crafting supplies to the Expo?

No, it is not necessary to bring your own crafting supplies to the Expo. SEI will provide all the necessary materials for the workshops and crop sessions. However, if you have a specific project in mind, feel free to bring your own supplies. Also, don't forget to bring a camera to capture your crafting memories!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies