• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Non Conference Hotels in Chicago: Insights from Fellow Cheffers

I can't wait, see you there!!!McCormik website says overnight parking is not available... Thanks for the info on the Essex
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I would like to hear fellow cheffer's experience staying at other hotels around Chicago. I am considering either the Best western Grant Park or the Congress Plaza. Both are a few blocks from the Chicago Hilton.

TIA!

I have never stayed at a conference hotel. Our group enjoys the July walks to the hotels for the bus. This year one of the ladies was able to secure the Holiday Inn Express on Harrison (I think)....$130 plus tax a night. Only .25 mile from Union Station (we are taking the MegaBus in) and only 1 mile from a conference hotel. Someday, when I don't want to walk, we will stay at a conference hotel.

We're staying at the Congress Plaza. Another director recommended it - she stayed there last year. Sorry I can't give a review which is what you are asking for but I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks for the imput! We decided to skip the megabus. This is the first NC for 2 of the gals on my team. We are driving though and it will be fun. I want to be a little closer to a Conf. Hotel. One of my team members will be 5 1/2 months pregnant so I don't want to add to her walking too much. We walk so much at McCormick.

etteluap70PC said:
Thanks for the imput! We decided to skip the megabus. This is the first NC for 2 of the gals on my team. We are driving though and it will be fun. I want to be a little closer to a Conf. Hotel. One of my team members will be 5 1/2 months pregnant so I don't want to add to her walking too much. We walk so much at McCormick.

I'm driving in too. The Congress has parking for $28/night (more if you use valet). It's 2 blocks from the Hilton so it's not much extra walking.

BethCooks4U said:
I'm driving in too. The Congress has parking for $28/night (more if you use valet). It's 2 blocks from the Hilton so it's not much extra walking.

Hmmmmm the congress told me it was 33 even for self...

yup 2 blocks away is why it is in my top 2 choices. I just read alot of reviews about bad AC no hot water and picketers...

etteluap70PC said:
Hmmmmm the congress told me it was 33 even for self...

yup 2 blocks away is why it is in my top 2 choices. I just read alot of reviews about bad AC no hot water and picketers...

I was told by the hotel that the strike has been going on for 6 years and that the strikers leave the guests alone and the hotel is fully staffed. The more poor reviews I read were dated several years ago. a few more recent but over all they sounded fine to me - you will always here more negative on those things. I was also told by the hotel that they remodeled/updated 2 years ago.

From their website:

Overnight Parking:
Valet Parking, Car: $33.00, Van: $38.00
Self Parking, Car: $28.00, Van: $33.00

Really want to hear from those of you who have stayed at these hotels. Thanks!

Paulette, we didn't have any problems with AC or hot water last year. It was nice to be at a quiet hotel, away from the busyness that comes with conference.

We stayed at the Essex Inn last year and loved it! We will be staying there again this year and are excited about being there, as we are driving in too. It is directly accross the side street to the Hilton (20 Steps) to the shuttle buses! It wasn't as crazy as the conference hotels, nice, clean and it wasn't as expensive. I was able to book a room for Sunday night $129, Monday is $149, Tuesday and Wednesday is $169 or $179. I really can't complain. I think that the parking was $35 per day. I really don't remember. But needless to say it is worth it to have in secured parking instead of a lot on the block.

When I lived in Chicago, I remember that McCormick had overnight parking, I want to say it was $18 or $20. I woud check and see though. The Shuttle buses should be running on Monday, so I would drop my stuff off at the hotel and then drive to McCormick to park and pick up the registration packet, then take the shuttle back to the hotel.

I can't wait, see you there!!!

McCormik website says overnight parking is not available... Thanks for the info on the Essex I considered it but if we are going for Non NC hotel we want to save a bit more.

EMBASSY SUITES! If I remember correctly, it's only one or two blocks from a conference hotel (it was an easy walk), has a FULL, hot breakfast and appetizers and drinks in the evening included in the cost. Well worth the walk.

1. What are the typical amenities offered at "Non Conference" hotels?

Most "Non Conference" hotels offer basic amenities such as free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center. Some may also have a pool, on-site restaurant, and room service available.

2. Can I still book a meeting room or event space at a "Non Conference" hotel?

Yes, many "Non Conference" hotels have meeting rooms or event spaces available for rental. However, the options may be more limited compared to a traditional conference hotel.

3. How do "Non Conference" hotels differ from conference hotels?

"Non Conference" hotels are typically smaller and may not have as many meeting rooms or event spaces. They are also not specifically designed for business travelers and may have a more relaxed atmosphere.

4. Are "Non Conference" hotels suitable for business travel?

Yes, "Non Conference" hotels can still be suitable for business travel. They may not have as many business-oriented amenities, but they can still offer a comfortable and convenient stay for business travelers.

5. Can I earn loyalty points at "Non Conference" hotels?

It depends on the hotel chain. Some "Non Conference" hotels may be part of a larger hotel chain and offer loyalty programs, while others may not. It's best to check with the specific hotel to see if they have a loyalty program available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • pckelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • kaseydee