• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Staying at the Best Western Grant Park Hotel?

I will get my head screwed back on and remember my own dang name!In summary, it appears that the conversation started with someone asking about the Best Western Grant Park Hotel and the availability of a shuttle to McCormick Place. They were informed that the shuttles only ran from the conference hotels and suggested using a map to determine the distance to other hotels. The original speaker shared that they were staying at the Best Western due to gift cards and asked about the cost of taking a cab. Another person suggested walking to the Hilton, which was only two blocks away, to catch the shuttle. The conversation then shifted to discussing conference logistics and the location of the Hilton. The original speaker expressed excitement for the conference and mentioned purchasing
pckelly
I am staying at the Best Western Grant Park Hotel. Anyone else staying there? Do you know if they have a shuttle going to McCormick, and if not do you know how close to the Hilton or Sheraton it is to walk to and get on the shuttle from there?:D

The shuttles only run from the conference hotels. Sorry, I don't know how close they are. You can do a search on the web and find the addresses of the hotels and then mapquest them to find out.

The only reason I am staying there is because my mom has $250 in Best Western gift cards I can use towards my room for the 2 nights. I will not pay much at all when it's all said and done! But it is 1.2 miles from McCormick Place. I may just have to take a cab, anyone know how much it might take for that distance in $$$??

It shouldn't be that much - certainly not the difference in using the other hotels!

If it is too much with that distance you could take some comfortable shoes and walk! Would it just be one trip a day or do you go back and forth? I have never been to conference, so, I am really in no position to give advice, ha!

I found out the Hilton is only 2 blocks from the Best Western!! I can walk that and get on the shuttle that leaves from the Hilton to McCormick. I can get on it can't I??

You could walk to the Hilton and take the shuttle that leaves for McCormick.....

pckelly said:
I found out the Hilton is only 2 blocks from the Best Western!! I can walk that and get on the shuttle that leaves from the Hilton to McCormick. I can get on it can't I??
Yes, all you need is the badge they give us at check-in. You get that at registration. They "know" you're with PC the first morning - timing, excitement, etc. - they just know. But after that they are pretty strict and you must be wearing that name tag to get on.

Thanks so much Beth, I can't wait to go!!

I don't want to rain on your parade, just make sure that you are looking at the right Hilton. There are a couple of them in Chicago. Just don't want you to walk to the one that is a couple of blocks away and find out it isn't the right one. You can on CC for the name of the conference hotel. Glad that you are going to be able to go. :)

Kim, it is the right one! I just looked, the Hilton on Consultants Corner is at 700 S. Michigan and the Best Western is at 1100 S. Michigan. On the map there isn't a 10th St. I just walk down from the corner to 9th (1 block) to 8th (1 block) and the Hilton is in between 8th and 7th!! So it's about 2 1/2 blocks or so. Mapquest said it takes 1 minute in a car, so I figure just a few more minutes walking!!

Cool!! Glad it is going to work out for you. I hope to be able to meet some of you at conference. I've already gotten my button and a hoodie from Chef Ann's store. Great place.

Kelly,

This is off topic but I notice you are from Florence, AL. My husband played football at UNA. We love Florence! i am about 4 hours South of you.

I may have mentioned this to you before, but cannot remember.

Yes, Jennifer, we have discussed this before!LOL!! Are you going to conference this year?? I have never been to Fulton, I think I have just been to B'ham down that way. I am not really from here, so I haven't been to too many places in AL. Mostly just N. Alabama.

No I am not going to conference. Maybe one year, we will see. We are about 3hours South of Birmingham, in the DEEP South Alabama.

Well Jennifer knows this but I dont' think she remebers... But I am from Alabama too... though I live in Oregon... I lived in Ozark for 10 years...

mommyhugz1978 said:
Well Jennifer knows this but I dont' think she remebers... But I am from Alabama too... though I live in Oregon... I lived in Ozark for 10 years...

You are right - I remember now. I guess I talk to so many people I can't remember what I have talked about with whom! HAHA!!!:D

Last edited:
HAHAH... I think we all do from time to time... now that tax season is over maybe just maybe I will get my head screwed back on and remeber my own dang name!

mommyhugz1978 said:
HAHAH... I think we all do from time to time... now that tax season is over maybe just maybe I will get my head screwed back on and remeber my own dang name!

Maybe now we can start back Yahoo'ing since the season is over! ha!

I am gonna have to figure out how to do it at work.... LOL since I am not home until pm time LOL

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am gonna have to figure out how to do it at work.... LOL since I am not home until pm time LOL

Let me know when you get it installed. I stay signed on at work and just talk when I can.

1. What amenities does the Best Western Grant Park Hotel offer?

The Best Western Grant Park Hotel offers amenities such as complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, a business center, and a restaurant and bar on site.

2. Is parking available at the Best Western Grant Park Hotel?

Yes, the hotel offers in-house parking for an additional fee. However, it is subject to availability and cannot be reserved in advance.

3. Are there any nearby attractions or points of interest?

The Best Western Grant Park Hotel is located within walking distance of popular attractions such as Grant Park, Millennium Park, and the Art Institute of Chicago. It is also just a short drive from Navy Pier and the Magnificent Mile.

4. Does the hotel have a shuttle service?

Unfortunately, the Best Western Grant Park Hotel does not offer a shuttle service. However, there are several public transportation options available nearby.

5. Are there any dining options within the hotel?

Yes, the hotel has a restaurant and bar on site, as well as a coffee shop for quick bites and beverages. Additionally, there are numerous dining options within walking distance of the hotel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Malinda Klein
  • General Chat
Replies