• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Different Types of Motivation for Downlines

...a sense of accomplishment. Seeing everyone else's progress and seeing the big picture can be really motivating. Plus, getting things done and seeing the final product can be really satisfying.Me being excited and showing it- is a big motivator to my team!
DebPC
Staff member
How many different types of motivation?I thought it'd be fun and informative to come up with as many forms of motivation for our downlines as we can think of.
I can think of quotes, company and cluster contests, and quick tips.

Instant recognition via email and recognition of a variety of things at meetings seems to motivate my team - "if she did that...".

0h- a great PC recipe!

Charms and PC logo gifts.

I love receiving all types of recognition!

I must write that one of my favorites is a handwritten note (in the mail) from my Director. I just love getting those. As a matter of fact, I am trying to get better at sending them to my team.

I think we are all used to getting bills and junk mail. Getting something positive in the mail is just so nice.

I think I will send some messages today!

Thanks for this thread!
Lisa

I send this postcard each week to the person leading in sales. I also send it if they sign someone or if someone qualifies. Whatever is appropriate. It's formatted to print on a 4x6-inch index card. I have a blank stack of index cards and just print them as I need them.

I was thinking about maybe doing a promo with my team that they would get a card for certain things they do and to save them like the ones HO is sending out for recruiting and then have them turn them in at the holiday party for something....

Me being excited and showing it- is a big motivator to my team!

I love this quote by Zig Zigler- " "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Happy Chef said:
Me being excited and showing it- is a big motivator to my team!

I love this quote by Zig Zigler- " "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

I LOVE that quote! Thanks!! I need to hang that in my office!

Team member testimonials, great books, cards, and flowers.

I find a high show total can be very motivating as well as getting lots of bookings at a show and/or new recruits.

I have many part timers on my team and emailing is a great way to touch base with them . I send 2-3 emails a week with great info from Chef Success. Love the cut and paste.

No matter what they say their goals are when they sign up every one of my team ends up being very part time. What am I missing? I am in close contact with everyone and try to listen and work with them (when they return my calls, answer the phone or emails) but I am lucky if even a couple people do 2 shows in a month.

I just challenged them to be a 25 show team again since we have a lot of new people. I will be shocked if we don't do it in September but...

Please share your favorite recipes here!

Creame Cheese Mints

1 (3 ounce) package cream
cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
2 drops peppermint oil
any color food coloring paste (optional)

1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and confectioner's sugar. Mix in peppermint oil. Color as desired with food coloring paste, or leave white.
2. Roll mixture into small balls, and place on waxed paper. Flatten with a fork dipped in confectioners' sugar. Let dry for about 2 hours on waxed paper, then freeze or refrigerate.

Classic Waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.

Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.

I use Nikki's recipe for mints minus the butter for all showers and special occasions
At a cake supply store you can find little rubber candy molds for about 99 cents and roll the balls in sugar and press in they pop right out and are beautiful on a tray.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 cans cheese soup (I use the spicer ones)
1 can tomato soup
2-3 can chicken stock
1 can green chilies (for spicier version, I add a can of rotel tomatoes)
2-3 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
tortillas
shredded cheese

Whisk the soups and chicken stock together. Add green chilies and chicken. Warm to simmering. Do not boil. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese.

Pumpkin TrifleCake Layer
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (and ingredients to make it)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus

Pumpkin Layer
1 Large Box Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (without spices)
3/4 tsp Cinnamon Plus
16 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

Top Layer
1 Small Box French Vanilla Pudding
1 Cup Milk
8 oz Frozen Whipped topping (thawed)

1) Mix the Cinnamon Plus in with the cake mix, add the other ingredients that the box calls for. Bake. When cool, cube.

2)Mix large box of pudding, 1 1/2 cups of milk, Can Pumpkin, and Cinnamon Plus mix that well, fold in 16 oz Whipped Topping

3)Combine 1 cup Milk, Small box of Pudding, fold in 8 oz whipped topping.

To assemble your trifle place part of the cubed cake in the trifle bowl, put pumpkin mixture on top of that then top with pudding mixture. Repeat.

I have transferred all of the recipes to the new area that is under
Community
Hobbies
Cooking
Please post all new recipes and comments there! :D

Related to Exploring Different Types of Motivation for Downlines

1. What are the different types of motivation that can be used for downlines?

There are five main types of motivation that can be effective for downlines: intrinsic, extrinsic, positive reinforcement, fear-based, and goal-oriented. Intrinsic motivation comes from within an individual and is driven by personal satisfaction and enjoyment. Extrinsic motivation comes from external rewards, such as bonuses or recognition. Positive reinforcement involves rewarding desired behaviors, while fear-based motivation involves consequences for not meeting expectations. Goal-oriented motivation focuses on setting and achieving specific goals.

2. How can I identify which type of motivation would work best for my downlines?

The best way to identify which type of motivation would work best for your downlines is to get to know them individually. Observe their behaviors, listen to their goals and desires, and ask them about what motivates them. Additionally, you can conduct surveys or assessments to gather more information about their motivations.

3. Can multiple types of motivation be used for the same downline?

Yes, it is possible to utilize multiple types of motivation for the same downline. In fact, using a combination of different types of motivation can be even more effective in driving desired behaviors and achieving goals. Just be sure to understand each downline's individual motivations and tailor your approach accordingly.

4. How important is it to regularly revisit and adjust the types of motivation used for downlines?

It is crucial to regularly revisit and adjust the types of motivation used for downlines. As individuals and circumstances change, their motivations may also shift. By regularly reassessing and adjusting your approach, you can ensure that your downlines remain motivated and engaged.

5. Can motivation strategies be applied to all downlines in the same way?

No, not all downlines will respond to the same motivation strategies. Each individual is unique, and what motivates one may not necessarily motivate another. It is essential to take the time to understand each downline's individual motivations and tailor your approach accordingly. This will help to ensure that your motivation strategies are effective for each individual and ultimately lead to a more successful and engaged team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies