• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe for Teens to Make Their Moms

In summary, the recipe the girls are to make is Triple Layer Brownies, and they are to make them using a glass bowl as a trifle bowl.
babywings76
Gold Member
I was asked to teach a class to the 14-17 year old girls in our youth program at church a nice treat that they can bake for their moms. Some are brand new to cooking. I'll need it to be a recipe that they can prepare on their own at home when the time comes. I'll be printing off the recipe for them to take home w/ them. I'm thinking I will definitely do it hands-on so they can practice it. Maybe even do 2 batches of whatever, so that more girls have a chance to do things. I'm not sure how many girls will be expected. Probably a dozen.

So...what would be a good recipe to teach them? It needs to be something that they can make with their basic kitchen products they already have at home.

I was thinking of those Triple Layer Brownies, but is that good enough? Is there anything you guys can think of that would be good?

I don't know if this is considered "cooking" but how about the Ritz crackers with the peanut butter inside. Then you dip them in the melted chocolate almond bark. You could get a different type of melting chocolate too or a colored type and let them drizzle it to decorate. All chocolate could be melted in the microwave, so that wouldn't be dangerous at all. It's the first thing that popped into my head.

Or cake balls? Cooked cake mix with frosting, frozen, scooped into balls, put a popsicle stick in it, dip in chocolate, drizzle with white chocolate, and then roll in crushed nuts, coconut, sprinkles, etc...

Here's a couple of "shows" I've done with children....

skip the Coffee Late' for the children...if parents are there too, it could be their treat!!!

Attachments

• Baked Potato Bar.doc
    29 KB · Views: 333
  • Brunch Show Steps.doc
    37 KB · Views: 410
  • Ice Cream Sandwich Torte Show Steps.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Baked Potato Bar Set-Up.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Ice Cream Show.doc
    35 KB · Views: 434
cindylpal said:
Here's a couple of "shows" I've done with children....

skip the Coffee Late' for the children...if parents are there too, it could be their treat!!!

Another good one is the Strawberry Burshetta (can't seem to find it in my doc. right now and the Strawberry Lemonade!

What about a trifle. They don't have to have a trifle bowl, any large, deep mixing bowl would work, esp. if they have a glass one. If you did something like the Coconut strawberry tres leche trifle, have them use a store bought pound cake. There's no oven to use so it won't burn.;)

pchockeymom said:
What about a trifle. They don't have to have a trifle bowl, any large, deep mixing bowl would work, esp. if they have a glass one. If you did something like the Coconut strawberry tres leche trifle, have them use a store bought pound cake. There's no oven to use so it won't burn.;)

They could even layer their own Trifle in those clear, plastic punch glasses!

The strawberry dessert that uses puff pastry sheets (recipe is in the New Consultant Kit) is a pretty easy one, but it looks kind of impressive. The actual name of the recipe escapes me but I'm sure someone around here knows what I'm talking about :)

Do you have to do a dessert? What about showing the girls something "useful" and helping them learn to prepare a main dish that they could then not only give to their moms when they make it again but learn how to make a great dinner at a great price in less than 30 minutes?

1. How difficult are these recipes for teens to make?

The recipes included in our "Recipe for Teens to Make Their Moms" collection vary in difficulty, but they are all designed to be easy enough for teens to make with minimal supervision. Some recipes may require more advanced cooking skills, but we have included step-by-step instructions to make them accessible for all skill levels.

2. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, all of the ingredients for our "Recipe for Teens to Make Their Moms" collection can be found at your local grocery store. We have intentionally chosen recipes that use common and easy-to-find ingredients to make it convenient for teens to make for their moms.

3. Can these recipes be adapted for dietary restrictions?

While our recipes are not specifically designed for dietary restrictions, many of them can be easily adapted to fit different dietary needs. We have included options for substitutions or modifications in the recipe instructions to accommodate common dietary restrictions such as gluten-free or vegetarian diets.

4. How long does it take to make these recipes?

The time it takes to make each recipe will vary, but most can be made in under an hour. We have included estimated prep and cooking times for each recipe to help you plan accordingly.

5. Can these recipes be made in advance?

Some of the recipes in our collection can be made in advance, but we recommend making them fresh for the best taste and texture. If you do need to make a recipe in advance, we have included storage and reheating instructions in the recipe details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
babywings76