• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best No-Oven Recipe for a Community Room Cooking Show?

In summary, the host is having a show and has too many people coming, so she is using the community room which is in an adjacent building. There is no oven in the room, but the host can take her microwave. The two recipes the host was given to pick from were the brown sugar dijon brie and the peppermint cookies. The host is thinking of maybe doing something that doesn't need an oven, such as making the brie and a trifle. The host has one standard trifle and just improvises.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I have a show coming up on Tuesday. The host lives in an apartment and has too many people coming to have the show in her apartment, so she booked the community room, which is in an adjacent building.

There is no oven in the comm room and she can take her microwave if need be. The two recipes I had given her to pick from were the brown sugar dijon brie and the peppermint cookies. She wants to make them both.

We have been discussing maybe making something that we don't need an oven for. I'm looking for some input from you guys as to how I should go about it.

I have a few thoughts -
- I could make both of those recipes before people come and just show the products.
- I could make the brie and maybe put together a trifle for the demo, but not sure what trifle would be good to demo, as I have never done one at a show before.
- I thought of making the recipe and then going to her apartment to bake it, but it's just not practical seeing it's in a different building.

What do you guys think? Any brilliant ideas? (I KNOW you guys are full of 'em!! :))

Why not do a chocolate peppermint trifle?

vwpamperedchef said:
Why not do a chocolate peppermint trifle?

Sounds yummy. Would you happen to have the recipe, please?

You could do club house chicken squares. You prebake the crust anyway and if the cream cheese is already soft you don't need a microwave.

I am doing a show at a woman work conference room next week. No stove/oven, very old microwave. We are doing the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. I am making the base at home. Any Trifle would also be great.

I have one standard trifle and I just improvise.

What I would recommend is:

1 angel food cake or 1 sara lee poundcake, cut up into cubes
1 chocolate pudding, made according to pkg directions (you can use 2 small boxes of pudding or the one large one)
Ghiardellis makes a chocolate peppermint bark, chop into chunks
Add a couple drops of peppermint extract to the pudding --- if you wish
Cool Whip

Layer
cake
pudding
choc chunks
cool whip
REPEAT

HTH!

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Welcome, enjoy! :)

vwpamperedchef said:
I have one standard trifle and I just improvise.

What I would recommend is:

1 angel food cake or 1 sara lee poundcake, cut up into cubes
1 chocolate pudding, made according to pkg directions (you can use 2 small boxes of pudding or the one large one)
Ghiardellis makes a chocolate peppermint bark, chop into chunks
Add a couple drops of peppermint extract to the pudding --- if you wish
Cool Whip

Layer
cake
pudding
choc chunks
cool whip
REPEAT

HTH!

Thanks for the recipe. Sounds nice and simple! And yummy!!! :)

Okay, so Friday I emailed my host (who is also a friend) two more recipe ideas for Tuesday's show (tomorrow night) - the trifle and the clubhouse chicken squares. I see her at work today and asked her which she had picked....well, she said she bought the ingredients for ALL the recipes!!! :eek: :eek:

So, that means we're making the brown sugar-dijon brie, the peppermint fudge cookies, the cran-raspberry fizz, the trifle AND the squares!!!

Not sure how I'm gonna do this, but will probably make the trifle and squares for the demo and the others before hand.

What do you guys think I should do??

PChefPEI said:
Okay, so Friday I emailed my host (who is also a friend) two more recipe ideas for Tuesday's show (tomorrow night) - the trifle and the clubhouse chicken squares. I see her at work today and asked her which she had picked....well, she said she bought the ingredients for ALL the recipes!!! :eek: :eek:

So, that means we're making the brown sugar-dijon brie, the peppermint fudge cookies, the cran-raspberry fizz, the trifle AND the squares!!!

Not sure how I'm gonna do this, but will probably make the trifle and squares for the demo and the others before hand.

What do you guys think I should do??

I would give her the recipe for all but 1 and have her prepare those before hand by herself. You aren't a caterer!

You're right! I sent her an email, since she's gone home for the day and told her that we can put the trifle and squares together for the demo and the fizz and brie I can help her with when I get there and have ready before hand. The cookies, she can make tonight if she likes, but we wouldn't have time for them.

We'll see how it goes! She's expecting a big turnout, so I hope it's a good show! :)

Good luck, sounds like a great host---why not recruit her?

I did talk to her about it, but she says she wants to figure out what she wants to do. I think she has many DS options running around in her head. Will have to get on the topic again tomorrow! :)

What recipe should I make for a family dinner?

There are many delicious recipes to choose from, but some popular options for a family dinner include our Classic Lasagna, Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, or Baked Parmesan Chicken. You can find these and more family-friendly recipes on our website or in our cookbooks.

What recipe should I make for a dinner party?

For a special occasion like a dinner party, you may want to impress your guests with a gourmet dish. Consider making our Grilled Salmon with Lemon Dill Butter, Beef Wellington, or Shrimp Scampi Linguine. These recipes are sure to wow your dinner guests.

What recipe should I make for a quick and easy meal?

If you're short on time, you can still make a delicious meal with our quick and easy recipes. Try our One-Pan Chicken Fajitas, Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff, or Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus. These recipes can be made in under 30 minutes and require minimal prep and clean-up.

What recipe should I make for a vegetarian or vegan meal?

We have a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes to choose from, such as our Quinoa and Black Bean Enchiladas, Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie, or Roasted Vegetable and Hummus Sandwiches. These recipes are packed with flavor and nutrients, perfect for a meatless meal.

What recipe should I make for a dessert?

For a sweet treat, you can't go wrong with our dessert recipes. Some popular options include our Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies, Apple Crisp, or Pumpkin Cheesecake. We also have options for healthier desserts, such as our Flourless Chocolate Cake or Mixed Berry Sorbet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CathyP
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • chefheidi2003