1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Potato Chowder Recipe...in the oven?

1. lovescooking

lovescooking Member Gold Member

Ok, I have a customer that would like to know if someone has made the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in the oven?? The DCB will not fit in her microwave and she really wants to make this recipe.

Jan 13, 2010
  2. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

I'd think that would take forever. I think the recipe includes stovetop instructions. That'd be much easier, but it wouldn't use the DCB.

Jan 13, 2010
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Soup isn't cooked in the oven. If you have the "It's good for you" cookbook, look at the Smashed Potato Soup recipe. It's very similar. I'd cook it that way- but it wouldn't be a DCB recipe if it isn't in the microwave.

Personally- I'd precook my potatoes in the microwave (peeled and probably on a plate if she didn't have something to fit). Then do the Batter Bowl step for the milk/cream cheese- and precook it in the microwave maybe. Then I'd just put the cooked potatoes in a stockpot on the stovetop...coarsely mashed as instructed on the recipe. Then add the milk/cream cheese mix and just cook on the stovetop until heated through.

I've not TRIED it yet- but see no reason that wouldn't work.

Jan 13, 2010
  4. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Another alternative would be to use the Rice Cooker Plus. You might have to half the recipe for this to work.

Jan 13, 2010
  5. Malinda Klein

Malinda Klein Advanced Member Gold Member

I had a party where the microwave was too small for the DCB, so we microwaved the potatoes and then added them to the DCB with the other ingredients and heated it in the oven.

Jan 13, 2010
  6. lovescooking

lovescooking Member Gold Member

esavvymom... I have made Smashed Potato Soup before. You are right, soup isn't cooked in the oven. I will share this recipe with her and the other tip you shared. Maybe between to 2 she can finally have her soup or chowder.

Thanks

Jan 14, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted