• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Boston: Our Family Vacation to the Far Northwest!

In summary, the family is going to Boston this summer and will be staying for 3 nights. They are excited to explore the city and are looking for advice on sights and restaurants.
AmaraJ
We are taking a family vacation to Boston this summer. We live in the Northwest...about 5 miles from the Canadian Border, so the far, far, Northwest! We will be spending 3 nights in Boston and then heading to a family cabin in New Hampshire (Fitzwilliam Lake to be exact).

We're so excited about it and I just wanted to see if any of you East Coasters have any great suggestions/advice for us. We are traveling with our 5 and 3 year olds. We bought the Boston "Go Card" and plan to use that to explore the city. Are there any sights that you recommend, especially with the little ones? How about some great family resturants?

Thanks!

There's lots!

:thumbup: -nice science museum, which has a great little kids section which lots of hands-on stuff to play with (Museum of Science, Boston | Home)

-Aquarium (Untitled Document)

-Children's Museum -- lots of fun, there's a nice toddler play area, fun and interesting exhibits, and they have story times and music programs too, check website for details (Welcome to Boston Children's Museum)

-Boston Public Garden, ride the swan boats (you can read "Make Way for
Ducklings" too)

:thumbup: -The 'frog pond' will probably be open too in the Boston Common. It is great. Kids love to play in the water when the weather is nice.

-You can also walk along the Charles River: beautiful walk, nice
views, nice playgrounds, watching the boats, etc.

-And the great thing about Boston is that you do not need a car. You
can go everywhere by T (=subway) and each T station has elevators
(great with a stroller).

- "Boston by foot" (book which describes shorts walks in different neighborhoods of the city).

Thank you! We did change ou car rental and will not be gettin one until we leave for NH. We figured it looked pretty easy on foot.

My daughter got Make Way for Ducklings a few years ago...I'll have to pull it out more so we read it consistently.

I hadn't heard of the frog pond, but I'm sure they will love it. I'm anticipating that it will be VERY HOT...we'll be arriving July 16th.

Anyone with ideas on resturants...or day trips from Fitzwilliam Lake?

Definately go to the childrens museum. Quincy Market is a great place for a quick lunch and souveniers and I love the aquarium. The freedom trail is also a fun thing to do(a walk around the city) but the kids may be a little young for the history. Enjoy it! Boston is great in the summer.

You really don't need a car in Boston, there's no place to park anyway.Skip the Bull & Finch Pub (the site of the Cheers outside shots) it's just a bar and doesn't resemble the show at all.There are two cities from where I would never buy a used car - San Francisco because there's no transmission or brakes left, and Boston, because there's no straight sheet metal left.;)

Amara:

Boston is a fun city and my family enjoyed it 2 years ago (we had a hotel GC from PC!). The "Go Card" is a great thing...if you use it wisely you will save a lot of money. If you plan on taking a Duck Tour, be sure to book that ahead of time, since they fill up quickly. It's a good idea to do this when you've been walking a bit...it ends up being a nice break.

Have fun!

loved the Boston Tea Party experience -- a little tour thing they do. Very interactive.
The children's museum
The NE aquariumBoston is such a fun city to visit.have a great trip.

one more thingi thought of something else - not sure how old your children are - but a trip to plymouth plantation could be cool. a further trip would be sturbridge village. as a former american history teacher - it always killed me to be teaching colonial america in socal when i had grown up with all the historic places in new england. really brings learning to life for kids and adults! i am a history buff though! :blushing:

Related to Exploring Boston: Our Family Vacation to the Far Northwest!

What are the top family-friendly activities to do in Boston?

1. Visit the New England Aquarium to see amazing marine life and learn about conservation efforts. 2. Take a duck boat tour to explore both land and water in the city. 3. Walk the Freedom Trail to see historic sites such as the Paul Revere House and Faneuil Hall. 4. Spend a day at the Museum of Science to discover hands-on exhibits and interactive displays. 5. Enjoy a Red Sox game at Fenway Park, one of the oldest and most beloved baseball stadiums in the country.

What are the best places to eat in Boston for families?

1. Quincy Market offers a variety of food options, from seafood to pizza, in a lively atmosphere. 2. Legal Sea Foods is a popular spot for delicious seafood and a great view of the harbor. 3. Mike's Pastry in the North End is a must-visit for delicious cannolis and other Italian treats. 4. The Friendly Toast has a fun and eclectic menu with options for both kids and adults. 5. The Cheesecake Factory is a classic choice for a family-friendly meal with plenty of options for everyone.

What are the top places to explore outside of Boston?

1. Take a day trip to Salem to learn about the history of the Salem Witch Trials and visit museums and historic sites. 2. Head to Cape Cod for a beach day or to explore charming towns and lighthouses. 3. Visit the beautiful coastal town of Newport, Rhode Island to tour historic mansions and enjoy scenic views. 4. Drive up to the White Mountains in New Hampshire for hiking, scenic drives, and outdoor activities. 5. Take a ferry to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket for a relaxing day on the island.

What are the best ways to get around Boston with a family?

1. The subway, or "T," is a convenient and affordable way to get around the city. 2. The Boston Harborwalk offers scenic walking paths, perfect for exploring the city on foot. 3. The Hubway bike share program allows you to rent bikes to explore the city and its many bike-friendly trails. 4. Taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available for quick transportation. 5. If you have a car, parking garages are available throughout the city, but be aware of traffic and limited street parking.

What are some must-see attractions for families in Boston?

1. The Boston Children's Museum offers interactive exhibits and activities for kids of all ages. 2. The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum has a beautiful garden and art collection that will fascinate both kids and adults. 3. The Boston Public Garden is a picturesque spot for a picnic or a ride on the iconic swan boats. 4. The Skywalk Observatory at the Prudential Center offers stunning views of the city from the 50th floor. 5. The Franklin Park Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals and learn about conservation efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies