• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Family Vacation at Myrtle Beach: Tips for Traveling with a 4-Year-Old

at least at one of the restaurants I mentioned. Dick's Last Resort and T-Bonz are both in Myrtle Beach. Alligator Adventure is in North Myrtle Beach. Have fun!
mom2leelee
We finally decided on Myrtle Beach as our family vacation this year. We are going the last week in March. If anyone has any advice on great things to do please post it!

A good few years ago, we went to Dick's Last Resort - A really fun restaurant, that is based more towards adults...but a 4yr old wouldn't understand what is going on and would be fine. They put these "dunce caps" on random people that say funny things... my little cousin got one that said "Micheal Jackson touched me too," and my grandfather got one that said "I'm so old I fart dust" ... it would be something fun for the adults, and it would be way over her head, so you should be fine.

My dad lives there and we visit twice a year!! Broadway at the beach is always great!! Shops,food, mini golf, imax.

Since my sister is going for free in exchange for babysitting I'm thinking we might try Dicks Last Resort when Eric and I go out alone. And Broadway at the Beach looks GREAT! Thanks ladies!

With a four year old, you'll want to try out ripley's aquarium. Other than that in March there's nothing to do here except to shop and eat. There may be some putt putt golf places open. Try out T-bonz it's on 21st ave in Myrtle Beach right by Broadway at the Beach and you definitely have to eat at Dicks like Jennifer said. It's at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. There's Alligator Adventure also at Barefoot Landing that may be a fun outing. As far as shopping goes, you have to go to Broadway at the Beach, Tanger outlets in north myrtle beach, and Barefoot. There's a whole list of restraunts here to choose from so you definitely wont go hungry. If you've got any specific questions about anything I'll be glad to help since I'm a local.

Doesn't Alabama have Alabama Grill there? I am thinking Myrtle Beach is where the first one was opened since they began their career in Myrtle Beach at the Bowery. I LOVE the one in Pigeon Forge, TN.

Tiffany we are thinking about the sightseeing cruise from the Great American Riverboat Company. Do you know anything about that??Here are some of the things I've come up w/ so far
Sight seeing cruise
Broadway @ the Beach
Aquarium
Le Grande Cirque

mom2leelee said:
Since my sister is going for free in exchange for babysitting I'm thinking we might try Dicks Last Resort when Eric and I go out alone. And Broadway at the Beach looks GREAT! Thanks ladies!

How perfect, and ironic, that is how I got to go to Myrtle Beach..I was the babysitter :)

There is a alabama grill here but I'm not sure if it's still opened. I don't have a clue about the great american river boat company--it may be the one that goes down the intercoastal waterway. You can get on that boat at Barefoot Landing.

Thorny's Restaurant has an early bird special. It is a steak house with a separate kids section where parents sit in a booth and watch the kids play. Kids meals are served on a frisbee they get to take home.

Stay at a place that has an indoor pool. This is essential!!!!!!

There is a children's museum there that is fun and a lot cheaper than the aquarium. There is also a home-run zoo that we haven't been to but have heard is good for kids.

Did I mention that you need an indoor pool?

Have fun.

Thanks ladies. We have it pretty much planned now. I forgot to tell ya'll we have been to Myrtle Beach once before, in the end of March 05. We were only there for 3 nights and Kaylee wasn't really old enough to enjoy herself so we didn't go out and do much. I will say though that the weather that year was nice, but the water was still cold. This time we are doing all the things I mentioned above also hitting up some of the outlet malls, Dicks Last Resort (only the hubby and me), the Childrens museaum and maybe Brookgreen Gardens (I think that's the name). I'm so excited to go. It's the first time we are able to go on vacation and not worry about the money at all.Bee, we are staying at the Ocean Sands Best Western in North Myrtle Beach is has indoor/outdoor heated pool and is ocean front. All the online reviews look good so I hope it turns out nice!

There's a zoo in Socastee called Wacatee Zoo which isn't too far from the beach. Never heard of a home run zoo though.

There's a build a bear at Broadway that would be fun. From where you are staying it'll probably take about 15-20 minutes to get to Broadway.

Oh yeh, you have to eat at Yamato's and Tripps at Broadway. As I think of things, I'll keep posting.

Thank you!!

Related to Family Vacation at Myrtle Beach: Tips for Traveling with a 4-Year-Old

What are some kid-friendly activities in Myrtle Beach?

There are plenty of activities in Myrtle Beach that are perfect for a 4-year-old, such as the Myrtle Waves Water Park, Ripley's Aquarium, and the Children's Museum of South Carolina.

Can we bring our own food to the beach?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food to the beach. However, please be sure to clean up after yourself and dispose of any trash properly.

Are there any playgrounds or parks in Myrtle Beach?

Yes, there are several playgrounds and parks in Myrtle Beach, including the Savannah's Playground at the Market Common and the Myrtle Beach State Park which has a playground and nature trails.

What are some family-friendly restaurants in Myrtle Beach?

Some great family-friendly restaurants in Myrtle Beach include River City Cafe, Johnny D's Waffles and Benedicts, and Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone.

Is there a minimum age for activities and attractions?

The minimum age for activities and attractions varies, so it's best to check with each individual attraction or activity before visiting. However, there are plenty of options suitable for a 4-year-old in Myrtle Beach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dexheimers
  • General Chat
Replies