• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Joy of Snow with Gillian: A Winter Update

In summary, the temperature is mild in some places and cold in others. In Wisconsin, Diane's kids are outside playing in the snow. In Houston, there is the potential for an ice storm.
nikkijo
Thank you Gillian for sharing your snow! Normally we have a lot of it by this time but our grass is pretty green. I am such a dork that I am looking forward to using my new winter boots and the snowblower! I think it's because my dad never let us girls use the snowblower, now that I get to I like to.

Hey Nikki,

I'm in Wisconsin, too. My kids were hoping for another snow day, but NOT!! They're outside playing right now. They're trying to make snowmen, but it's not working so well for them!

Diane

Hi Diane~

ours is all fluffy snow as well. it's lightly snowing and blowing around right now so i don't want to get out the snowplow until it settles down a little. kids are so much fun in snow!

Still no snow here!! Usually it is freezing cold and has snowed a few times, but it has been 60 degrees and still no snow. We had a very light snow several weeks ago that was just a dusting and then melted right away. I'm not really complaining though. I like the snow, but it has been a nice break.

We had snow yesterday. about 3-4 inches. Schools here were either closed but most of them started 2 hours late. The temperatures have been in the teens and at night it is below 0. I guess it is only January and most of our bad weather and snow happens January through March. I don't mind the snow but we live on a farm and when it all melts it sure does make everything a muddy mess.

We got her snow last week and my kids loved it! The last time it snowed on the coast over here in my neck of the woods was 26 years ago! :p
snowday011107009_small.jpg

Awww. Some days I miss the snow sooooo much (being from Maine), but most days.....I like the Palm Trees!!! Enjoy. The beginning stages are soo pretty. It's when it drags on into April its a bit annoying...LOL

They're calling for an ice storm here in Houston tonight and into tomorrow. Was supposed to have kickoff meeting tonight and got an email that it is cancelled. Now...what do they expect me to do with the brownies I made for it???:rolleyes:

Eat em!!!!!

Jilleysue said:
Awww. Some days I miss the snow sooooo much (being from Maine), but most days.....I like the Palm Trees!!! Enjoy. The beginning stages are soo pretty. It's when it drags on into April its a bit annoying...LOL

Hear hear!! I have to agree with you there! We have a little bit of snow, but nothing compared to what we would normally get this time of year here. Its a beautiful sunny day here in St. John's today. Its suppose to get icky and snow overnight, but nothing to great amounts. I do miss skiing though

I will always share the snow!! It snowed here yesterday for the first time in a week because it was too cold to snow before. When it gets below zero it hardly ever snows!! You learn something new everyday!!

If anybody wants all the stinking rottin snow I have here by all means please please please take some. Be prepared for very very bad and slippery roads on your way up. We live beside a big lake and the wind off the lake makes for some pretty bad snow drifts. Came home from work last Tuesday and some were above my waist.:mad: Guess I should cheer up at least it's not -30c this week!!

I'm near Palm Springs California and got snow!
The temps have been in the 20's here and in the low 40's near Palm Springs. That is almost unheard of!

The wind has been blowing here too, so maybe it just blew our snow all over the country, LOL! If anyone finds my paper from today I would appreciate it back! LMAO!

out here in the Inland Northwest it is so darn cold! Our lows are about -5 to -10! Snowed all day Saturday, (I washed the car the day before, go figure!:rolleyes: ) Our highs have been 10-20. Sad part is that it's kinda windy too, which makes these temps feel like -20 and lower! Can't stand it when it get's this cold! my kids are crazy from being in the house too much, and I'm crazy from them being crazy and today's a holiday! Yikes:eek: CALGON TAKE ME AWAY! Oh well, guess I should be baking something, anybody know of something carb free that I can bake!:D I'm in the first stage of the southbeach diet, can't eat carbs for at least 10 more days! Can't wait for stage 2, when I can add wheat back in!
By the way, I'm from sunny southern California, so sometimes this cold really bumbs me out. I can deal with ths snow, to some degree, but I don't like the brutal cold!:(

gilliandanielle said:
I will always share the snow!! It snowed here yesterday for the first time in a week because it was too cold to snow before. When it gets below zero it hardly ever snows!! You learn something new everyday!!

Hhhmmmm, I think maybe I found your paper here!!! Windy here blew my garbage cans over to the yard next to mine. Nothing like cleaning up rubbish first thing in the morning:rolleyes:

Oh Rennea!! Thank you! I keep paying and the newspaper insists they delivered it, but it seems to "blow away" every morning!

Unfortunately we are having an ice storm here today!

I'm in Northern California so it doesn't snow here but my pool was iced over this morning. I would love to see falling snow out my window-just for a day or so then it can go away. :)

SilverCeladon said:
I'm in Northern California so it doesn't snow here but my pool was iced over this morning. I would love to see falling snow out my window-just for a day or so then it can go away. :)

I can send my dh to come and visit and it may snow. When we went to NM to visit my grandpa a couple of years ago it actually snowed :eek: He lives in la mesa nm so very close to the mexico boarder and it hardly snows there.

Snow is pretty to look at but it belongs in the ski resorts not in the city! Yes, I've lived in New England all of my life but don't like the wintery weather at all especially the ice!

pamperedharriet said:
Snow is pretty to look at but it belongs in the ski resorts not in the city!

I'm with you on that. It's wonderful to watch it fall from your window wrapped up in a blanket with a nice cup of tea. But people have to go out and drive on it, so many people are hurt and killed everyday in my neck of the woods from bad roads.

rennea said:
I'm with you on that. It's wonderful to watch it fall from your window wrapped up in a blanket with a nice cup of tea. But people have to go out and drive on it, so many people are hurt and killed everyday in my neck of the woods from bad roads.

I totally am with you on that rennea! Watching the news and the traffic go by here makes me sick!

1. What are some fun snow-themed recipes that I can make with my Pampered Chef products?

There are so many creative and delicious options for making snow-inspired dishes with your Pampered Chef products! Some ideas include using the Quick Slice to make snowflake-shaped fruit skewers, using the Deluxe Air Fryer to make crispy snowman-shaped chicken tenders, or using the Snowman Cake Pan to bake a festive snowman-shaped cake. Check out our website for more recipe ideas!

2. How can I use my Pampered Chef products to make hot cocoa or other warm winter drinks?

The Pampered Chef line offers a variety of products that are perfect for making hot cocoa and other warm winter drinks. You can use the Deluxe Beverage Bottle to mix and serve hot cocoa on-the-go, the Ceramic Egg Cooker to make a quick and easy mug cake, or the Hot Chocolate Maker to whip up a creamy and delicious hot cocoa in minutes. The possibilities are endless!

3. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help with shoveling or snow removal?

While Pampered Chef doesn't offer any products specifically designed for shoveling or snow removal, some of our kitchen tools can come in handy for these tasks. The Meat Tenderizer can be used to break up ice on sidewalks, the Mix 'N Chop can help loosen and remove packed snow from your driveway, and the Flexible Cutting Mats can be used as makeshift snow shovels in a pinch.

4. How can I use my Pampered Chef products to create a winter wonderland-themed party?

Pampered Chef products can help you create a beautiful and festive winter wonderland-themed party! You can use the Snowflake Cookie Cutters to make snowflake-shaped cookies, the Snowflake Silicone Mold to make ice cubes for drinks, and the Let It Snow Table Runner to add a touch of winter to your table setting. Don't forget to check out our seasonal recipes for more ideas!

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make snow day activities with my kids?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef products are not only great for cooking and baking, but they can also be used for fun and creative snow day activities with your kids. The Kids' Cookie Baking Set is perfect for making snowman-shaped cookies, the Ice Cream Maker can be used to make homemade snow ice cream, and the Cake Decorating Kit can be used to create edible snowmen or snowflakes. Let your imagination run wild and have fun with your family!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger
  • redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies