• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Made an Offer! Our Exciting Journey to Homeownership

crossed*Lindsay's house looks like it would be a lot of work, but it has great potential and the location can't be beat. I'm really excited for her and hope she gets the house she wants. Congratulations!
redsoxgirl
I'm just excited and I wanted to share with you guys!!

We've been living in my mom's garage for almost 2 years while we save for a house and pay off debt. There's no water in the garage so we have to go across the driveway to shower, cook, etc. It can get mighty cold in Mass in the winter and running across the driveway in a foot of snow to pee is tough!

So we're finally ready to buy a house and we went to look at 3 houses yesterday and really liked one. We went back to see it today and brought my brother and dad along since they've had experience in remodeling homes and stuff.
The house we saw needs a lot of work, but it's got good bones, has tons of potential, is in a great location and the price is amazing... sooooo..... WE MADE AN OFFER!!! We should hear back tomorrow or Tuesday on it and requested to have closing on 2/29 (it's bank owned so it can go quicker than if it was being sold by a person).

Wish us luck!!! :)

Good luck and congratulations for being persistent in saving and paying off debt first!

Good luck! Getting a new home is exciting!

yipppeee congrats!!!

thats great Linsay ! congrats!
what town ??

Wow! Good luck! How exciting.

Just please please please get a home inspection before buying! I love it, it is absolutely adorable! You just don't want to get into something that you will end up regretting. It's definitely worth the couple of hundred dollars to do.

**Ok, mommy lecture over.:D

I see a lot of paint cans in your future. :D

Good luck. There is nothing like owning your own home!

sfdavis918 said:
Just please please please get a home inspection before buying! I love it, it is absolutely adorable! You just don't want to get into something that you will end up regretting. It's definitely worth the couple of hundred dollars to do.

**Ok, mommy lecture over.:D

Sarah's right. Just watch a couple of hours on TLC or HGTV and you'll know it's well worth the money.

How exciting! Keep us posted...and then give us pictures as you redo everything to your liking!

cute ! you'll love having a wood stove too !! we have one in our basement and it saves so much in the heat/gas bill and the house is at 75+ all winter

I think it's a cute house with lots of potential! You will have a lot of fun remodeling it too!

Congrats! Love the deck especially! It's so exciting buying a new house; we've lived in this one for 9 months already & are still as excited to be here as the first day.

Lindsay! That's so exciting! I am so happy for you guys! DH and I just bought ours in July and we love being homeowners! I love all the projects! We just replaced the mailbox this weekend!!

Good luck, fingers crossed for you both!!

What a cute house! Keeping my fingers crossed that your offer is accepted. Please keep us posted!

Love the deck & the woodstove the best!! We had a woodstove put in the 2nd winter we lived here & it's the best thing we've EVER done!! The deck will be awesome in the summer! That's what we're planning on doing with the $$ Bush is soaking into the economy!! YAY!!

sarahlegare said:
Love the deck & the woodstove the best!! We had a woodstove put in the 2nd winter we lived here & it's the best thing we've EVER done!! The deck will be awesome in the summer! That's what we're planning on doing with the $$ Bush is soaking into the economy!! YAY!!
Funny! We are planning on using that $$, along with our tax return to close in our deck and make it a 4 seasons porch!:thumbup: :)

Oh - and we love our woodstove too!

Love the house!I see lots of yard work and wall paper scraping in your future along with the paint cans. That's okay though because that's part of making the house your own:)Good luck!

UPDATE

They just came back with a counter offer and we counter-counter offered :)
We're hoping to hear back today and that they'll accept our offer! It's smack-dab in the middle!

*fingers crossed*

redsoxgirl said:
UPDATE

They just came back with a counter offer and we counter-counter offered :)
We're hoping to hear back today and that they'll accept our offer! It's smack-dab in the middle!

*fingers crossed*

Fingers crossed! I know how nerve racking this process is. Good Luck!!!

1. What is "We Made an Offer! Our Exciting Journey to Homeownership"?

"We Made an Offer! Our Exciting Journey to Homeownership" is a book written by Pampered Chef CEO, Tracy Britt Cool, and her husband, David Cool, about their personal experience of buying their first home. It offers insights, tips, and advice for others going through the same process.

2. What makes this book different from other books about homeownership?

This book is unique because it shares a personal and relatable story of a real couple going through the process of buying their first home. It also includes insights and advice from the perspective of a successful business leader, making it a valuable resource for anyone looking to purchase a home.

3. Is this book only for first-time homebuyers?

No, this book is for anyone interested in learning more about the process of buying a home. While it does focus on the experience of first-time homebuyers, the tips and advice offered can be helpful for anyone looking to purchase a home.

4. Can I purchase this book through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "We Made an Offer! Our Exciting Journey to Homeownership" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. You can also find it on other online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

5. How can this book benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

This book can benefit you as a Pampered Chef consultant by providing you with valuable insights and tips for managing your finances and making smart decisions when it comes to purchasing a home. It can also serve as a great conversation starter with potential customers who may be going through the same process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • fruit76loop
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies