• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ending Political Rancor: A Call for Unity and Friendship Beyond the Election

In summary, KG is saying that he doesn't care about the political discussion on this forum and that he will be leaving soon. He also says that people are getting their feelings hurt and that it's time for the rancor to end.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I'm done.

You are not going to change my mind.

I am not going to change your mind.

You will not find me posting in any political threads here until the election is over. It's time for the rancor to end, before irreparable harm is done to friendships and relationships. I can't end this alone, but this is my contribution.

Whatever side you are on - care to join me?

I am in~just posted my last post until this election is over and am glad for it! Thanks for being proactive KG!

We will miss you, at least many of us will miss you.

Count me in, KG!!! I've never looked forward to November 5th more in my life. :)

me OR KG OR BOTH???:rolleyes:

I just need to stay out of those threads to keep this wein in my head from bulging and my eye from twitching...it just in't a good look for me!;)

Well, I'm joining you by default because I never participated in those threads. I do have to say that I enjoy reading them, though. I'm learning a lot - not only about the candidates, but about my friends here on CS (in a good way).

I ducked out weeks ago...

chefmeg said:
me OR KG OR BOTH???:rolleyes:

I just need to stay out of those threads to keep this wein in my head from bulging and my eye from twitching...it just in't a good look for me!;)
I was just saying that I will miss you, but some people may not miss you. I'm not saying who because I wouldn't know who enjoys reading both sides and who doesn't.

dannyzmom said:
I ducked out weeks ago...

Ditto. Actually, I think I only posted once. But I stopped reading them weeks ago cuz it's just too much.

I agree KG...seems like those who are posting already KNOW who they are voting for, and aren't gonna be swayed.

No reason for it to continue, especially when people are getting their feelings hurt, or deciding to stop coming to CS all together because of what has been posted in those threads and the "tone" that others have taken.

I'm with you KG!

Oh my, I scared you all away! So sorry!!

I'd much rather focus on business, anyway!! Don't you all agree?

I have posted my last small opinion. I think you are right no one is going to change our minds. I need to focus on business.

I'm in too! I stopped reading them as well because it was obvious as you said, KG, that our opinions differed and nothing will change minds!

It's too bad I can't change they're minds - they're all wrong, anyway.Oh, spare me the indignity. It's just a joke.

hahahaha KG!

thanks for stepping up and suggesting the cease and desist

now let's all get out and VOTE :)

I'm THISCLOSE to joining you!I regard everyone on here as a friend, and still do. But ya know what? I have to watch myself! Sometimes things tend to get me too defensive, and I take things way too seriously. (For instance, I felt like I had to defend the whole media industry when I represent a very small part of it!)I steer clear of political junk on the other forum where I moderate, and because people are "nicer" about things here than there, I feel like I can share more. But there is a fine line between sharing with others and feeling like you have to defend yourself. Off to find a thread about increasing sales or making triffles ... no more trifling around about politics!

That's why DH limits all political discussion to the War Room on the forum he runs. People have to explicitly request access to that area. It can be hard to have political discussions in person without things getting heated and degenerating into name calling. It's even worse online, when tone of voice and facial expressions aren't present to help with interpretation.

chefann said:
That's why DH limits all political discussion to the War Room on the forum he runs. People have to explicitly request access to that area. It can be hard to have political discussions in person without things getting heated and degenerating into name calling. It's even worse online, when tone of voice and facial expressions aren't present to help with interpretation.
Hey Ann

I'm curious if you completely stay away from the political threads or do you read them? Just wondering. :)

I stay away from them completely. Politics don't really interest me, beyond me noticing that no one party fits my ideal ideology.

chefann said:
That's why DH limits all political discussion to the War Room on the forum he runs. People have to explicitly request access to that area.

It can be hard to have political discussions in person without things getting heated and degenerating into name calling. It's even worse online, when tone of voice and facial expressions aren't present to help with interpretation.

I think political discussions online are much easier, because you can say whatever you want and don't have to see the other person's face when you say it...no wonder things get so heated! ;)

KG- brilliant minds think alike. I actually wanted to start a thread just like this, but figured it would end up going south really fast, so I chickened out. Thanks for starting this and I'm in! :)

For all of you not joining in the political threads, I personally learn a lot from many of you. So I really do mean it when I say that I will miss you. I think there are many people who appreciate hearing both sides of the story.

JAE~this doesn't mean we aren't reading them, just not posting on them!

I'm with you KG!! I stopped posting and reading a while ago. Like you said, people are set in their way of thinking on political issues, no one od going to be swayed! Thanks for starting the intervention!!!

I am in! I don't even read them.

Personally, I think Chef Success should be related to our businesses. Ok, some would say that the election is related to business, but personally, that's not why I spend the time I do here.

I have never gotten involved in the political threads and am more than happy to just say no to them. Each person has an opinion, which they are intitled to. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours. Doesn't make you wrong, and me right, we just disagree.

So yes, I am steering clear of these threads.

Thanks for this KG. I've been so busy that I've not been here much but I have totally avoided any posts that looked controversial. I may just be too tired to argue but I don't think so. I just need to have those kind of conversations face to face.
God Bless

I'm in:balloon:

sklay723 said:
Count me in, KG!!! I've never looked forward to November 5th more in my life. :)

I agree, I can't wait for the 5th!!!!!

Related to Ending Political Rancor: A Call for Unity and Friendship Beyond the Election

1. What inspired Pampered Chef to address the issue of political rancor?

Pampered Chef believes in the power of bringing people together through food and community. We recognize that the current political climate has caused division and tension among friends, family, and communities. We want to promote unity and friendship by encouraging civil discourse and understanding.

2. How does Pampered Chef plan on promoting unity and friendship?

Pampered Chef has created a campaign called "Ending Political Rancor: A Call for Unity and Friendship Beyond the Election" where we encourage our consultants and customers to host potluck-style gatherings where people from different political backgrounds can come together and share a meal. We also encourage open and respectful conversations about political issues.

3. Is this campaign only for people of a certain political party?

No, this campaign is for everyone. We believe that unity and friendship should transcend political affiliations. We encourage people of all political backgrounds to participate in our campaign and have open and respectful conversations about their beliefs.

4. How can I get involved with Pampered Chef's campaign?

You can get involved by hosting a potluck-style gathering with friends and family where you can have open and respectful conversations about political issues. You can also share our campaign on social media and encourage others to join the movement. Alternatively, you can also reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information and support.

5. What resources does Pampered Chef provide to help facilitate these gatherings?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of resources such as recipes, conversation starters, and tips on how to host a successful gathering. We also have a dedicated webpage with information and resources about our campaign, as well as a community forum where participants can share their experiences and ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbauman07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PoseyMom
  • legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • rennea