• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Enchilada Casserole: What Size Pan Should I Use?

The enchilada casserole recipe calls for the deep dish baker. I used the deep covered baker instead since I dont' have the DDB. Heres the recipe though not verbatim.1 package of corn tortillas (it says yellow) but I used white1 lb of ground beef- I used turkey1 can 10z enchilada sauce (red) but you can sub. green1.tbls of southwest seasoning or taco sauce3/4 c water 1/2 cup med. chunky salsa1/2 cup cut fresh cilantro1cup shredded colby, jack cheese1/4 tsp saltcook meat adding seasoning and
heat123
Silver Member
I don't have this size, can I sub it for the square baker or would the 9x13 be better? TIA! I'm making the enchilada casserole tonight!

What are you going to use it for?? What are you looking to cook?? I love my DCB!! I wouldn't sub I would add hehe ;)

it's not the DCB- its the deep dish baker which is called for the new enchilada casserole recipe. I wanted to know if I can sub it for the square or if the 9x13 is better? as I dont' have the deep dish baker. TIA!

heat123 said:
it's not the DCB- its the deep dish baker which is called for the new enchilada casserole recipe. I wanted to know if I can sub it for the square or if the 9x13 is better? as I dont' have the deep dish baker. TIA!
The square baker would be better. The DDB is 8 cups, Square is 11 cups and Rectangle is 14 cups. I would use the Oval Baker if you have it (7 cups).

I would add ingredients if you use one of the larger stones. You could double the recipe if you used the rectangle baker.

This is an awesome recipe by the way!

Thanks Beth, I will use the square then- except I don't have extra ingredients, oh well it will just not be as thick, more spread out I guess. I can't wait to try it! :)

It really is good! Oh, and I would lessen the cooking time since it'll be more spread out!

Now that your question is answered...I will let you all know that the Deep Covered Baker works well for that recipe!! (And, if you have it, shows a higher priced item!)

hmm, I do have that piece too! I wonder if it would be better in it than the square even though it's got more cup capacity it's not too wide across just deeper?

heat123 said:
hmm, I do have that piece too! I wonder if it would be better in it than the square even though it's got more cup capacity it's not too wide across just deeper?
Yes, I think it would be a better choice if you have it!!

great thanks for the help ladies I am off to make it right now! :)

yumm, I think this is my fave 29 min recipe so far (I've only tried 3 so far) but it was great! I subbed the beef for turkey meat! Everyone liked it, including DH, and he's my pickiest and worst critic!

ok, so 1) does anyone have the enchillada casserlole recipe by chance in word which I could have..and 2) what again are you saying does the recipe actually call for?

it calls for the deep dish baker. I used the Deep covered baker instead since I dont' have the DDB. Heres the recipe though not verbatum.

1 package of corn tortillas (it says yellow) but I used white
1 lb of ground beef- I used turkey
1 can 10z enchilada sauce (red) but you can sub. green
1.tbls of southwest seasoning or taco sauce
3/4 c water
1/2 cup med. chunky salsa
1/2 cup cut fresh cilantro
1cup shredded colby, jack cheese
1/4 tsp salt

cook meat adding seasoning and salt in skillet 8-10 med-hi until beef is not pink, break into crumbles using mix and chop. add enchilada sauce, water and salsa to skillet. bring to a simmer and remove from heat

cut tortillas into 1" peices using cutter
snip cilantro with scissors

arrange 1/2 of tortillas on bottom of DDB, top with 1/2 beef mixture and 1/2 cheese. Sprinkle 2tbs of cilantro over cheese. repeat layers

micro wave baker on high 3-5 min ( I baked instead at 350 for 10-15min) until cheese is melted. garnish with remaining cilantro.

sourcream optional .

6 servings.

I made this the other day too & thought it was AWESOME! Even my picky family loved it:thumbup:

I made this at two of my shows last month...everyone loved it! SOOOO EAsy!!
and 21 minutes to dinner -- can't beat that!
It calls for Corn tortillas..but one of my host got Flour, and everyone still loved it...so much so that the mother made it the weekend after the show at her house!
A good recipe for showing the cookware - - frying the ground beef in the Family Skillet.
Even if you don't layer it...and it gets all mixed up...still good!

I'm LOOOVIN' the 29 minutes to dinner book! I"ve made about 10 recipes so far...and have 3 more ready to be made this week. If anyone out there doesn't have it...get it!!

Edit: Oh! And both of the hosts didn't have the cilantro - - although I love cilantro, so I wouldn't skip it! :)

ps. I forgot to recommend this: I added onions and garlic to the meat and it was really tasty! Great quick and easy recipe! This is how I will make enchiladas from now on and even better that it has less fat since it's not fried!

Related to Enchilada Casserole: What Size Pan Should I Use?

What Size Pan Should I Use?

The size of the pan you use for your enchilada casserole will depend on the number of servings you are making. Typically, a 9x13 inch baking dish is recommended for 6-8 servings. However, you can adjust the size of the pan based on the number of servings you need.

Can I Use a Glass Pan?

Yes, you can use a glass pan for your enchilada casserole. Just make sure it is oven safe and can withstand high temperatures. Glass pans may take a little longer to heat up, so adjust your baking time accordingly.

Should I Grease the Pan?

It is recommended to lightly grease the pan before adding the enchilada casserole. This will help prevent the casserole from sticking to the pan and make it easier to serve.

Can I Use a Metal Pan?

Yes, you can use a metal pan for your enchilada casserole. Just make sure it is oven safe and can withstand high temperatures. Metal pans may heat up faster than glass pans, so keep an eye on your casserole to prevent burning.

Can I Double the Recipe and Use a Larger Pan?

Yes, you can double the recipe and use a larger pan as long as it is oven safe and can accommodate the increased volume. You may need to adjust the baking time to ensure the casserole is cooked through. It is always recommended to check for doneness with a toothpick or knife before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CathyP
  • pkd09