• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Vs. Other Dishes in Microwave?

In summary, a guest at a show asked why the baker's dish was better than her own pyrex or corningware dish, and the baker said that the oven effects of the stoneware were contributing to the success of the recipes.
kcmckay
Gold Member
So last night at my show I made Mexican Chicken Lasagne and one of the guests asked why she needed a DCB. Since of course I said everyone needed to get one! Well one of the guests asked why she couldn't make the dish in her pyrex or corningware casserole dishes. What makes the baker so much better. I was stumped but had told her I'd look into it and perhaps experiment as well. Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this? TIA

you could have asked her if she's ever microwaved chicken in her pyrex... :yuck: I've microwaved chicken breasts in my DCB and yum!! :love: So tender and juicy! That's one example. But as for why? I'm looking forward to reading other people's responses. :)

Another company has a beautiful covered casserole dish and one of my hosts is a consultant for that company. I gave them two recipes for the baker at the show she attended (Mexican Chicken Lasagna and Chicken Fajitas). She tried them in her dish and when we had her party (featuring the DCB) she piped up that ours works much better than hers does and that "even though you guys have our casserole you need to get this one too" and that was the first thing she bought with her host benefits. She loves her dish for lost of other recipes but our quick 20-30 minute meals need the baked oven effect that our stones give them.

She said that everything was too soupy in her dish so she had to cook it much longer and then clean up was a real pain because some of it had stuck to her dish.

I'm sure the properties that make the stoneware so great in the oven are also contributing to the success of the recipes in the microwave. I would email the test kitchens to see if they can give you a better explanation, and maybe word choices to explain why.

Hi there! Thanks for asking about the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). I completely understand your guest's question about why she would need a DCB when she already has Pyrex or Corningware casserole dishes. The main difference between the DCB and traditional casserole dishes is the material they are made of. The DCB is made of stoneware, which is known for its ability to distribute heat evenly and retain heat for a longer period of time. This is important for dishes like the Mexican Chicken Lasagne, as it allows for a perfectly cooked and evenly heated dish. Additionally, the DCB has a unique lid that helps trap steam and moisture, resulting in a more flavorful and tender dish. I highly recommend giving it a try and seeing the difference it can make in your cooking. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy cooking!

1. What is the difference between the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and other dishes when using them in the microwave?

The Deep Covered Baker is specifically designed for use in the microwave and has a unique lid that helps to trap moisture and evenly distribute heat for optimal cooking results. Other dishes may not have these features and may not be as effective when used in the microwave.

2. Can I use the DCB in the oven as well?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe for use in both the microwave and oven. Its durable stoneware material can withstand high temperatures and is perfect for baking, roasting, and even broiling.

3. Are there any precautions I should take when using the DCB in the microwave?

It is important to always follow the recommended cooking times and power levels for the recipe you are using. Additionally, make sure to always use oven mitts when handling the hot DCB and avoid placing it on a hot stove or burner.

4. Can I use metal utensils in the DCB when cooking in the microwave?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils in the DCB when cooking in the microwave. Metal can cause sparks and damage to the microwave. It is best to use plastic, silicone, or wooden utensils instead.

5. How do I clean the DCB after using it in the microwave?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze. However, if you prefer to hand wash it, make sure to use non-abrasive cleaners and avoid soaking it in water for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PamperedinAvon