• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Chillzanne Bowl: A Hilarious Story of Microwave Mishaps!

microwave-safe cookware,older people,freaky things older people do,older people being picky,freaky things that happen to older people,microwave cookware,grill,great for grill,The Barbeque Jumbo Turner is great for using on the grill. Older people might not know that it is a great tool for using on the grill. Older people might be picky about new technology, and this is a new technology. This story is funny.
jenniferlynne
Ok. I don't remember what month the mini chillzanne bowl was a guest special, last July? Anyway, last night I ran into a lady that had gotten it free at one of my shows. She is an older lady that gripes about something every time I see her. She can't use the can opener, she can't use the A/P/C/S so she just gave it away, always something!! So anyway, she tells me last night that she fixed a can of soup in that bowl in the microwave!!! :eek: She said the bottom part of the bowl actually bubbled up over the rim of the bowl and of course all the soup went everywhere. I was just waiting for her to ask me to get her a new one, but she didn't. He told me she never read the instructions and didn't know it couldn't go in the microwave :rolleyes:

Good lord! That's totally freaky. Why would she think it was microwave safe?

Not to be mean, but older people seem really picky about so called "new technology". My grandma bought the USG and ended up giving it to me because it was too electronic. (Yes she really said that) I tried to show her how helpful it was but she was not interested. She gave me her oven mitts because they were too heavy. I did get her to get a woven selection, but she doesn't use it. The one thing she uses it the trivet, but not as a hot pad. Yikes!! That sound like something she would do, but she NEVER microwaves soup or water down condensed soup.

I am right there with you Gillian...the seniors these days ;) ;)...just don't seem to get it...that's okay, maybe these would be the ones that would like to do their danties in woolite in the QSP!

That will make a great story at your upcoming shows. However if you put it in the microwave this will happen.:eek:

That's kind of like using the micro-cookers on the stovetop! At least sharing these stories at shows adds some new comic relief!:D

Maybe if we named them Microwave-only cookers and Freezer-only thingies?

I love that!I had a lady who decied to warm up leftovers one night. It would not have been to bad I guess. She put the oven on 350 and got her leftovers ready to put in the oven. She put them in the Large Micro Cooker and put it in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.
YIKES! Black smoke, one call to the fire department and a ruined oven later!
Funny part about it, she took the left overs out of the stoneware piece she had them stored in! Then I really had to laugh! Her 14 year old brother still believes it happened because she is a blonde!
I laughed so hard I almost cried. AND I'M A BLONDE!

Speaking of seniors...One thing I am constantly seeling to my older clientele is the Quikut Paring Knife. They like the way it sits in their hands compared to the Paring Knife in the Sharpening case.
My husband's grandmother is always saying how she can't stand our stuff because "It's SO expensive!" Well, they stayed at a house in Florida last year and she noticed that the knife she liked so much said Pampered Chef on it and was wondering if we have it. Long story short, I now pay for my occassional clothing alterations with Quikut Paring Knives.:D

My Mother-in-Law learned the hard way not to use her oven for extra cupboard space. She put her new Micro Cooker in the oven and forgot to take it out before pre-heating the oven. Needless to say I had to order her a new one. I have never stored stuff in my oven but for some strange reason I always check before turning it on.

Laura Kiser
Jerome, ID

This story is funny. I had a show with older women of which none of them cook too much. I was showing my products and I held up the new Barbeque jumbo turner and saying what a great product it is for using on the grill. One of the women said oh, is that what that is for, I seen it on the table and thought it was a pooper scooper, everyone else in the room just busted out laughing.
Mary Ann Scoppa

In my opinion, if you have to store things in your oven, you have too much stuff. I try to sell my guests things that have several uses so they can get rid of their old multiple products. I will start in intervention for myself when I get so much PC stuff that I need to store things in my oven.

I've heard of people throwing things in their dishwasher when people come over. LOL

My mom called me to ask if the MicroCookers were safe on the stovetop.

She's also the one who has her oven STUFFED with crap. I've done lots of hispanic shows and find that they often store their cookware in the oven, but my mom uses the oven as a breadbox storing all kinds of bread, cookies, crackers, etc. Once when I was young, the babysitter preheated the oven to cook a frozen pizza and melted all the plastic breadbags all over the oven!

AJPratt said:
I've heard of people throwing things in their dishwasher when people come over. LOL

What's so funny about that? I do that and it works great! :D

I don't store anything in the oven but I also check it EVERYTIME before pre-heating...what's up with that? :confused:

I think the Jumbo Turner will make a great ice scraper in the winter!!

Evelynt said:
I think the Jumbo Turner will make a great ice scraper in the winter!!

You didn't put a little smiley so I hope you are joking :eek: I would think the metal would scratch up the glass :) Of course, you probably have alot more ice to deal with in CO than I do in GA. (My husband's favorite thing about moving from KY to GA....no snow and very little windshield scraping!!!)

To be serious the nylon pan scrapers are great for that thin layer of not yet ice that forms while you're in the store or stop for something. I am famous for letting my car warm up for 45 mins just so I don't have to scrape anything. When I was in high school we got out of class 30 mins early so we could start our cars, then go back to class for 20 mins, then leave in a warm car. Too many people were leaving school without scraping or anything and it was getting dangerous. Only in Alaska would you find 200 unlocked running cars and no drivers or car theifs in sight!!!

I use to store things in my oven but now I don't. There has been to many close calls with starting things on fire or melting things. The only thing I store in my oven is my Large Round Stone and the rack. As for older people I totally agree. Sometimes I think my Grandma is back in the old times with some of the things she uses to cook with. I have tried to sell her new and easier products to use but she refuses. Oh well, I tried to simplify her life.

The only thing I store in my oven is my Large Round Stone and the rack. Not many people can say this but I have a lot of cupboard space. I totally agree with the older generation. I have tried to sel my Grandma some of our products but she wants to use her old ones. I was trying to simplify her life.

I don't store things in my oven, but for some people it is valuable storage space because their kitchens are small with very little cabinet space.

I had a woman come up to me and complain that when she made the cake in the classic bowl to make the barbie cake THAT BARBIE'S HAIR GOT FRIZZY! I just stared at her. I so wanted to ask her HOW she was able to get the doll to stand in an uncooked cake batter. i know warn people that barbie could melt and her hair isnt too pretty when put in the oven.

My face hurts from laughing so hard and long!!!! Poor Barbie - gave new meaning to having a bad hair day!!!:D

chef_leeanne said:
My face hurts from laughing so hard and long!!!! Poor Barbie - gave new meaning to having a bad hair day!!!:D

I TOTALLY AGREE. My husband keeps looking at me funny and wanting to know why I'm cracking up....

What's even funnier is poor Barbie must have had her dress upside down too!!

I had a bridal show yesterday and one of the elderly lady brought her Smooth-Edge Can Opener and told me she can never get it to work. So, I asked the host for a can to demo for her. Instead of me doing it, I told her to show the rest of the guests how it easy that works. She said she can't tell when to stop turning the knob. I told her that's why it is call "Smooth-edge..." and is a very quiet indeed. Anyway, she got it to open and was surprised how easy that was. I bet when she got home she try openning other cans to make sure I was right. She did order one for the bride and
was another for her granddaughter.

chef_leeanne said:

LMBO!!!!!!! Your quotes are not helping either - I love the one about the cookies!!

I used to share the story about making sure not to put the Barbie in until after you bake it. Now I am just going to advise about the hair and see who is listening!!

jenniferlynne said:
What's even funnier is poor Barbie must have had her dress upside down too!!
Wondering how she got both the Barbie to stand up straight during baking and if her dress was upside down how did she get it to balance after baking and taking it out of the bowl? - know that's one to think about!

In my opinion, if you have to store things in your oven, you have too much stuff.

But you haven't seen my kitchen.
It's tiny! I always say our house was designed by a single man who doesn't like to cook! It's a three bedroom, four level split with a huge family room.......and a kitchen that would fit in to a studio apartment!

I only store two (vintage) pieces of Generation II PC cookware in my oven though!

Kris

Shano, were you at conference teaching a class in wave 2? One of the women that did one of my classes said that same thing about someone baking a barbie cake with barbie in it.

No, I couldnt go to conference this year. But it doesnt surprise me that the story has gotten out. I have told my story for the past 7 months. I will go to conference next year. I was wave 2 this year. we could have met.

Garlic Press StoryA girl was so excited about getting the garlic press. The host she ordered it from tol dme this story. She came to work one day complaining and couldnot figure out why everyone loved the GP so much b/c she could not use it. The host asked her why not? And she siad Walmart did not have the garlic. The host told her where it was located in the store and the girl said "THAT BIG THING OF GARLIC WILL NOT FIT IN THAT LITTLE PRESS!!!" I cannot believe she thought that was one whole clove!!! The host told her she had been using the same one for a month t obreak it apart!!! The girl dared her to tell me the story! I about cried from laughing!

Didn't you watch on your superstarter movie where the woman said that she thought that it was 1 clove also? I personally never used fresh garlic until I started this biz.

I NEVER used fresh garlic til I got the press. I thought it was alot harder to us then what it was. I dont want to go back to the poweder now.

i never used fresh either until i got the press and now i put it in everything! i love that little gadget!!

nope i did not see that on the superstarter movie. to be honest i do not even remember seeing a superstarter movie in my kit. i watched show dvd's and listened to cd's put do not think i got that one unlessi just over looked it.

jdavis said:
Didn't you watch on your superstarter movie where the woman said that she thought that it was 1 clove also? I personally never used fresh garlic until I started this biz.

My husband was 'trying' to make chili one night for a potluck at his work the next day, when I came into the kitchen, he had peeled off the cloves and was using the press to add them to the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot. Unfortunately I didn't walk in sooner to let him know the difference between a bulb and a clove - he was close to having added 1/2 of the bulb already:eek: . Needless to say he then had to start adding double and triple of the other ingredients to make up for the 'cloves' of garlic he added by mistake!

He has never made that mistake ever again!:)

Leea

My husband loves the garlic press. And I have to admit, I would use fresh garlic occasionally, because it was such a pain, even with another company's garlic press. Now, I use it all the time!

i guess at least he was cooking - whether you could eat it or not!!! and ended up with plenty of left overs LOL!!:D

Harrle said:
My husband was 'trying' to make chili one night for a potluck at his work the next day, when I came into the kitchen, he had peeled off the cloves and was using the press to add them to the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot. Unfortunately I didn't walk in sooner to let him know the difference between a bulb and a clove - he was close to having added 1/2 of the bulb already:eek: . Needless to say he then had to start adding double and triple of the other ingredients to make up for the 'cloves' of garlic he added by mistake!

He has never made that mistake ever again!:)

Leea

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchenqueen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • stefani2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg