• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Managing Important Calls: Tips and Strategies

In summary, the best way to keep track of people you need to call is to use a binder with tabs and paper, or to use a program like ACT!
Kristina21
Ok, they can be...anyway

I keep failing to call people when I need to because I forget about them until it's too late! I've had, I kid you not, 6 recruit leads I needed to call but did I??? Nope, plum forgot to call them! Now it's too late and I have no idea what to do!

What is the best way to keep track of people you need to call? I've tried a binder with tabs and paper, it worked for a lil bit...but then faded out. I've tried just using my planner...too many names. I tried using PP+...

I'm thinking maybe a ongoing list/chart of some sort...I dunno

Have you tried the Rolling Contact List? My ED shared one with me - keeps a running list of everyone you need to call. Ask your director - she may have one. Hang in there - it's tough, and you really need to be disciplined at first, but once you make it a habit, it becomes SUPER easy. JUST DO IT! :)

I seriously lack in that area too. I am very curious of others advice. I'm thinking about keeping it all in P3 and then printing a weekly call list that I can take with me... but that's a lot of work to get it all into P3....I dunno either...

jcsmilez said:
I seriously lack in that area too. I am very curious of others advice. I'm thinking about keeping it all in P3 and then printing a weekly call list that I can take with me... but that's a lot of work to get it all into P3....

I dunno either...

I had it going in PP+ for a while, but it is a lot of trouble to put it all in at first...maybe I'm just lazy? LOL :D :D I like the idea of printing a weekly call list! I didn't think about that.

I actually use P3 for my contact "to do" list, and it really works well for me. I don't print anything - I just open P3 and look at the top-left to see who I need to call that night. It does require entering the info. when you get it, but I find it really helps when I have to put someone in a "call later" date - I'd never remember if I just filed it somewhere, but to have it pop up on the date that I keyed in that I would talk to her works really well for me. Of course, it also helps if you "make that appointment" with the person first, too. Then you feel obligated to call because you said you would. That holds me to it, as well.Find ways to make you accountable - get a buddy (you two might be good cyber-buddies!), make a sign above your computer, whatever it takes to keep you motivated to keep doing these regularly until they're a habit. Good luck!

I just started using ACT! by Sage. I really like it. It's kind of like P3 but much more powerful. I am keeping all of my contact information in there so everything is in one place. It is working great for me so far.

I didn't like P3 because I didn't think that the area for keeping notes was very good. Also, I didn't like the fact that notes for shows were not also kept in the contacts record. Too many places to make notes and I would lose things. I also tried the binder and putting everything on paper. That worked for a bit when I remembered to look in the binder. The other problem that I found though was that when I made a call and would leave a message I would make a note on that contact's page and then move it to when I was going to try them again. If they called back it would take me a while to find their page. If they called a few days after I called them I would even sometimes forget that I called. Being embarassed on the phone one time was enough for me to want to change that method!

ACT! has remedied those problems, so that is good. It is just taking some getting used to a new program. Also, it was a bit expensive. I paid $199 but am getting a $100 rebate. I also had some "reward bucks" (or whatever they are called) from Staples so it actually just cost me $76. Well worth the cost for my piece of mind that my contacts are well organized, and I can work with them in a way that makes sense to me.

ETA: I forgot to mention that there is a free 30 day trial on their website. ACT! by Sage 2008 - Contact and Customer Relationship Management Software | Home

Sarah - good points about P3 - you should submit these to HO, I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback (and we'd appreciate the improvements!) :)

Does anyone have a copy of the rolling contact list, I have the one from the printables cd rom but I have to remember to use it too!!

The Act software made me think of the Quickbooks Contact Manager...I totally forgot that I had seen that program at work (I work at Staples). Hmmm

cewcooks said:
Does anyone have a copy of the rolling contact list, I have the one from the printables cd rom but I have to remember to use it too!!

There is?!? I gotta go look now! ...I can't find it:cry: Am I missing something?

cewcooks said:

Are you talking about the Customer Care Log? That's a good one - lots of boxes to check off what the person is interested in and what the results were from the call.

I'll see if I can dig up that Rolling Contact List, but I think I got it hard-copy.

Is there a good computerized program ie. ACT!, Quickbook contact manager, etc. that is made for a mac?

That is the other really frustrating thing about P3, it takes so much more time when I have to wait for Parallels to load, then wait for P3 to load just to find a phone number :grumpy:

Kristina21 said:
Ok, they can be...anyway

I keep failing to call people when I need to because I forget about them until it's too late! I've had, I kid you not, 6 recruit leads I needed to call but did I??? Nope, plum forgot to call them! Now it's too late and I have no idea what to do!

It is NEVER too late to call someone!!!!! Just pick up the phone and apologize for blowing it and move on.

DebbieJ said:
It is NEVER too late to call someone!!!!! Just pick up the phone and apologize for blowing it and move on.

But I feel so dumb though! To admit that I'm a flaky person isn't a happy thought. :(

Kristina21 said:
But I feel so dumb though! To admit that I'm a flaky person isn't a happy thought. :(

But, if you apologize and admit that you made a mistake, you look like a bigger person to them, and they'll respect you more for that than just "blowing them off" completely.

1. What are CCC's?

CCC's stands for "chocolate chip cookies" and they are a popular dessert item sold by Pampered Chef.

2. Why are CCC's not your friend?

While delicious, CCC's are not the healthiest option and can be high in calories, sugar, and fat. They should be enjoyed in moderation.

3. Are there any healthier alternatives to CCC's?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various recipes for healthier cookie options, such as oatmeal raisin cookies or almond butter cookies.

4. Can I still enjoy CCC's while on a special diet?

It depends on your specific dietary restrictions. However, Pampered Chef offers recipes for gluten-free and vegan CCC's that can accommodate some dietary needs.

5. Do you have any tips for making the perfect CCC's?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers tips such as using room temperature ingredients, properly measuring ingredients, and using a cookie scoop for evenly sized cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • sfdavis918
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • PChefRenee