• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Microwave Poblano Chili Tamales | Cooking for Two and More Cookbook

In summary, when cooking for two people, it's important to plan ahead and consider portion sizes. Some tips for making cooking for two easier include adjusting recipes, using leftovers, investing in smaller cookware, getting creative with ingredients, and trying one-pot meals. For healthy options, grilling or baking instead of frying, incorporating more vegetables, using lean proteins, including whole grains, and trying new spices and herbs are recommended. To save money, shopping in bulk, using leftovers, buying frozen fruits and vegetables, planning meals ahead of time, and buying in-season produce are suggested. Some easy meal ideas for two people include grilled cheese and soup, stir-fry, pasta with marinara sauce, tacos, and egg scramble. Kitchen essentials for
cookin to the top
Gold Member
In the Cooking for Two and More cookbook, I want to make the Poblano Chili Tamales in the microwave. In the recipe, it calls for Masa de Arina, then says "Corn Maza" for translation. Masa de Arina means "Flour Maza", Corn is "Maiz". So....any advice on which I should use? (I called HO, but they said they'd get back to me in 24-48 hours- I really wanted to make these tonight)
TIA!!!

I say if the translation says "Corn Maza" then you should use Corn. Boy I bet they didn't know they had this mistake in the book. Maybe they need more editors for the cookbooks.

Thanks! I wound up using corn.....they came out good, but I think I needed to lay the maza on a little thicker. My mom made some the old-fashioned way, w/ the corn husks, steaming on the stove for 4 hours. Phew#! These are microwaved for 9 minutes in the DCB!!!! The sauce is especially tasty, and very versitile. We'll be having it on our omelets in the morning! LOL

These would be fun to do at a show, I think.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the recipe for Poblano Chili Tamales. As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your frustration. After doing some research, it seems like the correct ingredient to use in this recipe is Masa de Arina, which is a type of corn flour. Corn Maza is not a commonly used term, so I would suggest sticking with Masa de Arina for the best results. If you're still unsure, I would recommend reaching out to our Pampered Chef culinary experts for further clarification. I hope this helps and that you're able to enjoy your tamales tonight! Happy cooking!

What are some tips for cooking for two people?

When cooking for two people, it's important to plan ahead and consider portion sizes. Here are some tips to make cooking for two easier:

• Adjust recipes: Most recipes are designed to serve 4-6 people, so be sure to adjust the ingredients accordingly to serve two people.
  • Use leftovers: Cook larger portions and save the leftovers for another meal. This will save time and money.
  • Invest in smaller cookware: Having smaller pots and pans will make it easier to cook for two without having to use large cookware.
  • Get creative with ingredients: Use ingredients that can be easily adjusted for smaller portions, such as pasta or rice.
  • Try one-pot meals: One-pot meals are perfect for cooking for two as they require less clean up and can be easily adjusted for smaller portions.

What are some healthy options for cooking for two?

Cooking for two does not mean sacrificing nutrition. Here are some healthy options for cooking for two:

• Grill or bake instead of frying: Grilling or baking meats and vegetables is a healthier cooking method than frying.
  • Incorporate more vegetables: Add more vegetables to your meals to increase the nutritional value and fill you up.
  • Use lean proteins: Opt for lean proteins such as chicken, fish, or tofu instead of red meat.
  • Include whole grains: Choose whole grain options for pasta, rice, and bread to increase fiber and nutrients.
  • Try new spices and herbs: Experiment with different spices and herbs to add flavor to your meals without adding extra calories.

How can I save money when cooking for two people?

Cooking for two people can be cost-effective if you plan ahead and follow these tips:

• Shop in bulk: Buying in bulk can save money in the long run, especially for non-perishable items like rice and pasta.
  • Use leftovers: As mentioned before, cooking larger portions and saving leftovers for another meal can save money and reduce food waste.
  • Buy frozen fruits and vegetables: Frozen fruits and vegetables are often cheaper than fresh and can be just as nutritious.
  • Plan meals ahead of time: Planning meals for the week can help you stick to a budget and avoid impulse purchases.
  • Buy in-season produce: Buying produce when it's in season is usually cheaper and fresher than buying out-of-season produce.

What are some easy meal ideas for cooking for two?

Cooking for two doesn't have to be complicated. Here are some easy meal ideas for two people:

• Grilled cheese and soup: A classic and easy meal that can be made in minutes.
  • Stir-fry: Use leftover vegetables and protein to make a quick and healthy stir-fry.
  • Pasta with marinara sauce: Cook your favorite pasta and top with a jar of marinara sauce for a simple and satisfying meal.
  • Tacos: Cook ground beef or turkey with taco seasoning and serve with your favorite toppings for a fun and easy dinner.
  • Egg scramble: Use leftover vegetables and protein to make a quick and nutritious egg scramble for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

What are some kitchen essentials for cooking for two?

When cooking for two, it's important to have the right kitchen tools. Here are some essential items to have in your kitchen for cooking for two people:

• Smaller cookware: As mentioned before, having smaller pots and pans will make cooking for two easier.
  • Measuring cups and spoons: Properly measuring ingredients is important when cooking for two to ensure accurate portion sizes.
  • Cutting board and knives: Having a good cutting board and sharp knives will make food prep easier and safer.
  • Mixing bowls: Having a set of mixing bowls in various sizes will come in handy for cooking and baking for two.
  • Slow cooker: A slow cooker is a great tool for cooking for two as it requires minimal effort and can make large portions that can be saved for later.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • koima
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies